Four things going on in Conway this week if you only count baseball once:
- Women’s Basketball – Wednesday night @7 against Nicholls (4-20, 1-11)
Sugar Bears won by 7 at home in the first meeting over a month ago. A loss at home would be a huge let down.
- Baseball - Friday @3, Saturday and Sunday @1 all against Saint Louis (2-1)
The Bears haven’t played SLU since 2007 when they swept them at home. The Billikens had their fourth game of the weekend rained out. Before that they beat UAPB and lost to UALR. For your weather report, it looks like the highs for the weekend should be the low 50s.
Side note: The recently added UALR game Tuesday @4 is close enough to be considered a home game.
- Men’s Basketball – Saturday @4 against SELA (15-10, 7-5)
The men only lost by 7 on the road. SELA’s coming off a 10-point home win over SFA, but they play at Corpus Christi on Wednesday before facing the Bears.
- Women’s Tennis – Saturday @10 against McNeese State
This will be the second SLC opponent for the Sugar Bears after losing to Corpus Christi. McNeese is 4-1 and has not played a conference opponent.
Away from home:
- Softball plays Mississippi Valley Wednesday @4 and then stays in Mississippi for a tournament in Hattiesburg over the weekend.
- Men’s basketball plays Nicholls Wednesday @6:30.
- Women’s basketball plays SELA Saturday @3.
- There’s even a spring game for the men’s soccer team on Saturday against Tyler Junior College in Texas. This will be their second game this spring if they were able to get in the game yesterday. If you know what happened or if nothing happened, leave a comment below.