- Probable: Rojae Jackson and Karl Brady
- Out: Kyle Stouffer, Marvin Mitchell and Anthony Blackmon (season)
Returning from Suspension
- Dominique Allen, Larry Duval
- Dominique Croom jumped up another spot to 7th on the career receiving yards list. He’s just 41 yards behind Steve Wood for 6th.
Depth Chart Notes
- After being listed as the starter for three weeks,
DJ Appe has moved from center to right guard, switching positions with Corey Howard who started the season at centerAlex Willis is the backup again and Corey Howard is back as the starter after playing guard in the last couple games..
- With Allen back from suspension, CJ Simon shifts from starting right tackle to right guard.
- Jacoby Walker is, again, not on the depth chart at all this week. But I stopped by practice for 30 minutes or so on Tuesday, and he was getting lots of reps at receiver and lots of passes thrown his way.
- As is usual for us so far this season, there’s not really anything different about the defense.
- In last season’s SLU game, Jackie Hinton ran 13 times for 107 yards and a touchdown. William Matthews also had a great game with 70 yards on 12 carries. In fact, all four running backs (Blackmon and Bobo) averaged 5 yards per carry or more.
- The passing game was clicking too. Nathan Dick was 20-for-28 for 299 yards and 5 touchdowns. Five. The offense totaled 586 yards.
- The defense stifled the SLU run and intercepted Brian Young four times. It wasn’t all positive though, he did throw for 409 yards when he was completing passes to his own teammates.
- The Lions defense has held SLC offenses to just 22 points per game and leads the league in total defense at 287 yard. Those numbers may be skewed a bit because they haven’t faced the top three offenses yet this season.