It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: National Signing Day- Signees
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 pm 
UserName Retired

I've updated the "2016 team roster" in the other thread to show where we filled in holes and added players. I was surprised we only added 2 DBs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm 
UserName Retired

Here ya go from the ucasports website:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 pm 
UserName Retired

http://ucasports.com/news/2016/2/3/FB_0203161324.aspx

I love seeing that we signed 8 kids from Arkansas!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:30 pm 
All-Conference

I love it too that some of the best in-state talent are staying here to play at UCA. Also, look at the other areas the team recruited. Pretty all of the South so that is great knowing the kind of talent we got can help us next year and beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:58 pm 
UserName Retired

Looks solid. Glad to see us getting lots of 6'4+ lineman.......some need to add some more bulk but they should have the frame to do that.....is Rucks really a 6'6 safety? Always lke to see us sign plaeyrs from smaller schools like Gosnell and Ashdown.......we have had some really outstanding players over the years from the 5A and smaller schools.......welcome to all as new Bears.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 am 
All-Conference

Agree with E-Rod and JRK, any time you can get a kid from Conway or the surrounding area, that is a plus.

I feel like there was a period of time toward the end of the Conque era that we were not recruiting CHS particularly hard...glad that has changed.

Really impressed with the size and speed of this group.

The signing announcements were made at the new UCA Downtown last evening. Well attended. GREAT venue. Really think this will be a plus for the school.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:23 am 
All-Conference

I agree this class looks impressive, but the proof will be a few years down the road. Obviously a big emphasis was put on skill players and large framed linemen. The Arkansas connections are great too, especially the local players. Perhaps they can help build the local fan base and bring larger crowds to Estes. Looking forward to spring practice and next season.
The bottom line is its all about graduating quality kids, winning the Southland and getting in the playoffs.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:28 pm 
2nd Team

joshuca wrote:

A-State could not pay a kid from Arkansas to sign with them, and of course they do pay.

The one that did sign has been a fan since he was nine years old, so I did not count him.

Looks like the Razorbacks will have to go after your recruits going forward when they back-fill their recruiting with quality in-state kids.

My impression was the players look exceptionally lean and athletic for their weight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Seminole Indian wrote:
joshuca wrote:

A-State could not pay a kid from Arkansas to sign with them, and of course they do pay.

The one that did sign has been a fan since he was nine years old, so I did not count him.

Looks like the Razorbacks will have to go after your recruits going forward when they back-fill their recruiting with quality in-state kids.

My impression was the players look exceptionally lean and athletic for their weight.

They did get one of ours...he would rather go and greyshirt up in Fayetteville than get a scholarship to play with us. Oh well!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:45 pm 
2nd Team

The instate kids they snatched from A-State at the last minute have done well there, so you never know.

All of the recent ones (Zack Hocker, Braylon Mitchell, Drew Morgan , Josh Lidell, and Dre Grenlaw) have contributed on the hill, and some early.

Lucky for A-State that their best players come from out of state.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm 
All-Conference

I am very impressed with the in-state class that UCA signed this year. I was able to see each of them in person during their high school careers, and each of them are capable of doing big things as long as they are willing to work at the next level.

Joe Hampton set the broad jump record at my football camp this past spring with a jump of 10'11", and is just one heck of an athlete.

Brandon Northcross may be the steal of the group. I watched him dominate a Rivals camp down in Hattisburg, Mississippi last year.

Justin Meadows is one of the best WR's I have seen in Arkansas. He has great hands and vision, the ability to go up and get it, and make guys miss.

Jackie Harvill gave my hometown of Rison all they wanted and then some in the playoffs this year. He has the ability to completely take over a ball game, and could be a difference maker.

The Conway duo of Austin Norris and Breylin Smith have always impressed me. I was at Conque's final camp when Smith dominated the camp as a freshman. I think they had 15 or 16 QB's on campus that day, and he was the best one on the field. He also left the camp with his offer that day. Norris is a nasty defensive lineman who will make guys pay if they come to his side of the field.

Rucks and Blackman are the two I didn't get to see as much, but I've heard great things about both of them. Rucks may have been the one reason Strong was able to win what few games they did this past year. I know that Kenneth Dixon worked with him as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:47 am 
UserName Retired

Breaking news: New recruit signed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next