It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Illinois State...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:46 pm 
2nd Team

BearCountry wrote:
The pig fans only have a larger fan base because the media tells them to and they blindly follow it....and have for decades. But look what happens when their season sucks. They can't even sell out War Memorial. I think most pig fans are pig fans because "it's what your supposed to do" as opposed to HSU, UCA, ASU etc..fans that are fans because that's their team. Making statements like "everyone in the state is a pig fan" is totally illogical and as ASU, UCA, HSU, OBU all get better and more advertisements the more illogical it will become.

The pigs are finished in this state. They are irrelevant. When you celebrate a shared national title from back in the 1960s just because your team is down that year and you do this EVERY year they are down...you are irrelevant.

you're talking about arkansas selling out stadiums and we can't get Estes half full for a playoff game. Arkansas being "relevant" is not the issue.

Your last statement is beyond wishful thinking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:47 pm 
UserName Retired

parkhill bear wrote:
BearCountry wrote:
The pig fans only have a larger fan base because the media tells them to and they blindly follow it....and have for decades. But look what happens when their season sucks. They can't even sell out War Memorial. I think most pig fans are pig fans because "it's what your supposed to do" as opposed to HSU, UCA, ASU etc..fans that are fans because that's their team. Making statements like "everyone in the state is a pig fan" is totally illogical and as ASU, UCA, HSU, OBU all get better and more advertisements the more illogical it will become.

The pigs are finished in this state. They are irrelevant. When you celebrate a shared national title from back in the 1960s just because your team is down that year and you do this EVERY year they are down...you are irrelevant.

you're talking about arkansas selling out stadiums and we can't get Estes half full for a playoff game. Arkansas being "relevant" is not the issue.

Yeah but we're not them...right? You'll never catch me watching a pig game at my tailgate. I might be one of the few in your world that couldn't care less for uaf but I'm proud of that fact. There will be more of me soon enough.

Huck the Fogs! and their media machine brainwashing Arkansans to follow a mediocre program that only makes the headlines when their coaches screw up.

Moving on....Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:54 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
parkhill bear wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Yeah but we're not them...right? You'll never catch me watching a pig game at my tailgate. I might be one of the few in your world that couldn't care less for uaf but I'm proud of that fact. There will be more of me soon enough.

Huck the Fogs! and their media machine brainwashing Arkansans to follow a mediocre program that only makes the headlines when their coaches screw up.

Moving on....Go Bears!

Amen, Bear Country! Huck'em!
But today is GAMEDAY in the name national playoffs, and we all know our Bears are in them.......again.
Bear EWU.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 am 
Two-Time All-American

Well said BEARCOUNTRY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 am 
Practice Squad

BearCountry wrote:

I think this is the issue with most fan bases. The fill you have to make a choice, in my case I am a razorback football alum, but I have two sons that play for UCA. so are you saying because I am a hog fan that I can't be a UCA fan also? (Honestly i know that is not what you are saying) I have a razorback room in my house with my play days things, that over the last 4-5 years has slow change to purple/gray. But it is the division that can drive most people away.
Honestly the average hog fan is only going for the tailgate, it is used as an excuse to go drink with friends and your wife, husband, friend, boss or just about anyone walking by doesn't care that your drinking as much as you want in public. so i am blaming it on the tailgate, usually the bigger your tailgate can be the bigger your attendance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:50 pm 
2nd Team

Yes, you can be both. I would hope everyone would welcome that, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:07 pm 
UserName Retired

Game Day for Bears...................let's get it done.............Go Bears!!