It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: @Colorado 9/7/13
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 pm 
Starter

Was at the game & was very impressed by the heart & character of the bears. In the first qtr we get popped with a long pass, drop a perfect throw on a great call on 4th and 1 for a TD & get a pick 6. We are down 14 and it's about to get out of hand when Gaines forces a turnover. I thought this was the turning point for us. We then tied it up at half and it was obvious we could play with these guys. Our guys are going up either by 10 or 14 with probably less that 8 minutes left untill the tip drill pick 6. The take away on number 14 was very questionable but despite all of this our guys methodically drive the lengh of the field and have the final int in the end zone with about 4 minutes left. We were in it until then and our guys never panicked and showed so much poise and character. Colorado stole this one but remember we stole a couple last year. Neither the team or the coaches showed any sign of panic & I truly believe we learned alot from this game. I would look for us to become a more physical team from here on out. The pieces are in place & I believe the running game will come. It just takes more time to develop than the passing game in my opinion. Looking forward to the Martin game, go bears.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm 
Practice Squad

I got to ask a Buffalo lineman what he thought of our Bears.

Quote:
I thought they were good enough to hang with more than half of the d1 teams out there. Number 90 is a stud.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:05 pm 
UserName Retired

He is exactly right about #90.

Tough loss but nothing to hang heads about. Buffs may do better this year than advertised.

The Bears never give up.....running game is a concern but it also draws attention of defense to stop the RBs and the screens which opens lanes downfield.....take what they give us.

Just make sure we get focused on UTM and go hang a road win.

Very proud of my fellow Bears.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6