All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playoff Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:50 pm 
UserName Retired

Playoff Rankings!

Post subject: Re: Playoff Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:52 pm 
UserName Retired

Talk about WOW! This is from the championship committee!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:34 pm 
2nd Team

basically guarantees a win against SHSU (which is increasingly looking very doable) gets us a national seed, bye in the playoffs, and a home game. Impossible to imagine after Samford.

I know, I know...Play them one at a time, stay focused, yada yada yada.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:04 pm 
Practice Squad

parkhill bear wrote:
basically guarantees a win against SHSU (which is increasingly looking very doable) gets us a national seed, bye in the playoffs, and a home game. Impossible to imagine after Samford.

+1 =D>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:49 am 
UserName Retired

A national poll of devout and rabid FCS fans has us at #11 in the nation so this goes right along with that poll.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:15 am 
Two-Time All-American

Best to forget that stuff for now...still have 3 conference games to play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:00 pm 
Practice Squad

FOOT84 wrote:

Foot, i get it, but we don't play the games anymore. So you have to give some slack and let us enjoy the moments. It builds excitement in the program

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:39 pm 
UserName Retired

I just want Desmond Smith to come back another year. Grown man playing against a bunch of kids. Beast mentality. All business. Yet he volunteered to be with the Optimist Club youth football kids. Class act all the way. Need more of them. =D>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:17 pm 
All-Conference

parkhill bear wrote:

First of all, there are no guarantee wins against Sam, however, I agree it does look doable. I will even go along with the seed and the bye in the playoffs, but a home game is a bit of a stretch, IMHO.

UCA has always submitted token bids just in the event things fall the right way. Some of the other schools submit bids of BIG bucks to host a playoff game each week. I would love for us to host one....I just don't see the administration going along to put up the bucks that you have to put out there. I don't even know what the minimal amount would be for a bid. Would love to be wrong on this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:33 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Beau wrote:
parkhill bear wrote:

First of all, there are no guarantee wins against Sam, however, I agree it does look doable. I will even go along with the seed and the bye in the playoffs, but a home game is a bit of a stretch, IMHO.

UCA has always submitted token bids just in the event things fall the right way. Some of the other schools submit bids of BIG bucks to host a playoff game each week. I would love for us to host one....I just don't see the administration going along to put up the bucks that you have to put out there. I don't even know what the minimal amount would be for a bid. Would love to be wrong on this.

UCA has submitted more than token bids in the past. When we played TN Tech we submitted more than a token bid while they submitted a much higher bid and lost a ton of money as I doubt they had 3,000 fans there. We almost outnumbered them!

A top 8 seeded team only has to submit the minimum bid (we will) to be guaranteed a first round bye and a second round home game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:00 pm 
All-Conference

UCABEARS75 wrote:
Beau wrote:
parkhill bear wrote:

UCA has submitted more than token bids in the past. When we played TN Tech we submitted more than a token bid while they submitted a much higher bid and lost a ton of money as I doubt they had 3,000 fans there. We almost outnumbered them!

A top 8 seeded team only has to submit the minimum bid (we will) to be guaranteed a first round bye and a second round home game.

Thanks for clearing that up....would love to see us play at home. I keep remembering back to the NAIA years when we would bid and then the attendance would not be that great. Understand, however, it is a different time. Hope it works itself out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:38 pm 
2nd Team

Beau wrote:
parkhill bear wrote:

I said a win would guarantee a bye and home game. A national seed gives the team a home game with a bid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:31 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ddasm3 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

Foot, i get it, but we don't play the games anymore. So you have to give some slack and let us enjoy the moments. It builds excitement in the program

I don't have a problem enjoying the moment. There is no fan more proud of this
team than I am. I played for the Bears and have been a supporter for a long, long
time. I just think it's best to let the season play out and then if the Bears get in
the playoffs...hope for a home game and a packed Estes Stadium and celebrate like
there is no tomorrow...anyway, GO BEARS beat Nichols...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:43 am 
UserName Retired

Not the official rankings, but sounds good to me!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:

Not the official rankings, but sounds good to me!

I will take it... :lol: