It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SHSU
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:28 pm 
UserName Retired

I was not able to watch the game but the radio broadcast sounded like Sam did a great job of getting fast guys mismatched on LBs who could not keep up with them.........they also really worked on Tyler Williams as did Nicholls ..........we also sounded off balance on defense much of the game.......a great offense is usually very good at getting defenders to take a step the wrong way then......bang......still 5TOs is awful and well over 100 penalties is bad.............usually we play really well on the road but not today.........by the way, Texas had 6 TOs at Kansas and let the Jayhawks get their first P5 win in several years..........hard to win giving up 5-6 possessions

Oh well, get ready for playoff game and take it one at a time.........my guess is we will go on the road.........

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:47 pm 
2nd Team

Welp, not a whole lot to say. Still behind the big boys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:58 am 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:
I watched the game on tv.

Where the heck was the pass defense? Seriously. One play they threw it over the middle, our guy caught him at the 10, and proceeded to pat his shoulders as he let him stroll to the end zone. WTF!?!?

Oh and slamming the helmet down. Really? What is wrong with this team?

If you think the poor defense is an aboration, you'd be wrong. I went to several practices this week and our pass defense was lit up like the scoreboard tonight.

Why dont we throw the ball UP the field?

What is going on with the team?

I agree BC...the Bears incorporate a horizontal passing game...they don't move
the safeties who are always there for run support...hence the result is no running
backs ever break a long run. I'm not sure but UCA has very few runs of 15+ yards
for the season I would bet. Very little running game for sure last night...

BPSG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

purplebruinfan wrote:
We're on the way back from the most embarrassing game that I've witnessed in my 40 years for backing UCA. No pass defense, we looked scared, offensive line got whipped so we couldn't run the ball. All this would have beaten us, but the turnovers and pass interference penalties guaranteed a blow -out. We couldn't hardly believe what we saw. Long sad trip back

I doubt that they were scared. Secondary is a little suspect...but that's normal
for UCA. I was just wondering did the Bears ever go to zone coverage last night
or did they stay in man ???

BPSG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:24 pm 
All-Conference

Got home late this afternoon from the damnest football game I have ever witnessed.
Pretty much agree with everything that was posted.
Sam has another gear and just could not be stopped.
The Bearkats deserved the win....we did not show up.
Time to pull our heads from our behinds an get going.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 am 
Two-Time All-American

I'm disappointed with the way the game went also. However, we all have to remember that Coach Campbell is only 2.5 years into restructuring this team.

He knew when he got here that we needed to be more athletic and faster. He's headed in the right direction with DL and OL but we still have a ways to go in particular at LB and secondary.

We are redshirting some good athletes. Our OL will be back and more experienced. Expect more speed at RB.

Let's enjoy this year for what it is; a good year with lots of wins. But let's keep in mind that even more wins are coming in the next few years as this coaching staff builds our roster with better athletes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:46 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCABEARS75 wrote:
I'm disappointed with the way the game went also. However, we all have to remember that Coach Campbell is only 2.5 years into restructuring this team.

He knew when he got here that we needed to be more athletic and faster. He's headed in the right direction with DL and OL but we still have a ways to go in particular at LB and secondary.

We are redshirting some good athletes. Our OL will be back and more experienced. Expect more speed at RB.

Let's enjoy this year for what it is; a good year with lots of wins. But let's keep in mind that even more wins are coming in the next few years as this coaching staff builds our roster with better athletes.

AMEN MY BEAR BROTHER...