It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playoffs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:28 am 
All-Conference

UCA vs Illinois State 2pm Saturday....on the stripes!

Go Bears!

Post subject: Re: Playoffs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 pm 
Team Captain

Pretty excited about this bracket, Sam's on the other side and Illinois State (6-5, 4-4 MVFC) barely snuck in. They have been hot recently winning their last three to earn its spot in the playoff field. Noteable wins are in-state FBS foe Northwestern and a win at No. 8 national seed South Dakota State. Ultimately this is a great opportunity for UCA to pound a MVFC team and lift up the Southland Conferences reputation, while giving the fans their first Division I playoff home game. GO Bears!

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 94.68 KiB | Viewed 5173 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:26 pm 
Redshirt

Bear Fans,

Congratulations on a great regular season. Although there are teams we'd have preferred to play in the first round rather than the Bears, I know the Redbirds are looking forward to the trip to Conway for a playoff game and hopefully some 65-70 degree days next weekend.

Can you provide any recommendations for restaurants, bars and visiting team tailgating?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:13 pm 
Team Captain

[quote="Loyl2u"]Bear Fans,

Congratulations on a great regular season. Although there are teams we'd have preferred to play in the first round rather than the Bears, I know the Redbirds are looking forward to the trip to Conway for a playoff game and hopefully some 65-70 degree days next weekend.

Can you provide any recommendations for restaurants, bars and visiting team tailgating?[/quote]

Welcome to our site, my recommendations are JJ's Grill n Chili (downtown), the Draft (next to the campus ),Old Chicago Italian (downtown), Fat Daddys BBQ (downtown). Just some ideas......Conway is not hurting for good grub places. All over the city. Most visiting tailgating happens in the Farris Center parking lot behind the Bear Stadium (baseball) which is across Bruce St from Estes Stadium.
Weather forecast is 41/61 and sunshine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:22 pm 
All-Conference

If you want a nice meal, try Mike's Place in downtown Conway. Great steaks, seafood and adult beverages.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:36 pm 
All-Conference

OK Bear fans, you wanted a HOME playoff game and now you have it.

It is time to belly up to the bar and buy tickets for this weekend. Using Thanksgiving weekend as an excuse is total B.S. .

I have attended home playoff games during Thanksgiving during the Horton and Isom years and the attendance was just awful. We need to change that NOW!!!!!

Get your tickets and get your butts in the seats Saturday and lets "Back The Bears"!!!!! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:26 am 
2nd Team

Tacos 4 Life on Oak street has become a must stop. Highly recommend.

Should be great weather and hopefully a great crowd for the first ever home playoff game in D-1 football. This is still a great team, and I fully expect Campbell to have his troops ready.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 am 
All-Conference

parkhill bear wrote:
Tacos 4 Life on Oak street has become a must stop. Highly recommend.

Should be great weather and hopefully a great crowd for the first ever home playoff game in D-1 football. This is still a great team, and I fully expect Campbell to have his troops ready.

Parkhill,

I fully agree. Bears haven't played well in a few weeks, penalties and turnovers have really hurt. No doubt Illinois State will be a tough opponent and Bears need to play better than last week.
Does anyone know which conference supplies referees? Frankly, I hope it's not the SLC.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:57 pm 
2nd Team

Are there different ticket rules for the playoffs? My purple circle membership is over the amount to purchase purple circle seats, but I called the ticket office today, and they said I'd have to wait until after Tuesday to allow season ticket holders to buy them.

I've been able to buy single game purple circle seats for regular games, but I was wondering if anyone knew if this has changed due to the playoffs. The lady I spoke to didn't seem real confident in her explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:24 pm 
All-Conference

parkhill bear wrote:
Are there different ticket rules for the playoffs? My purple circle membership is over the amount to purchase purple circle seats, but I called the ticket office today, and they said I'd have to wait until after Tuesday to allow season ticket holders to buy them.

I've been able to buy single game purple circle seats for regular games, but I was wondering if anyone knew if this has changed due to the playoffs. The lady I spoke to didn't seem real confident in her explanation.

If I understood Brad correctly today, to retain their seats, purple circle members must purchase their tickets for the playoffs. He mentioned something about a Tuesday afternoon deadline for this....I would suggest you contact the athletic department as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 pm 
Team Captain

I'd be super surprised if we have a big turnout Saturday. The students will be gone home, some fans will be traveling for the holiday and the sports fans in our area will not be interested enough to attend. Same old same old. We all know what it should be. We ought to have a full stadium since this is our first home playoff game while we've been in FCS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Beau wrote:
OK Bear fans, you wanted a HOME playoff game and now you have it.

It is time to belly up to the bar and buy tickets for this weekend. Using Thanksgiving weekend as an excuse is total B.S. .

I have attended home playoff games during Thanksgiving during the Horton and Isom years and the attendance was just awful. We need to change that NOW!!!!!

Get your tickets and get your butts in the seats Saturday and lets "Back The Bears"!!!!! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!

AMEN... =D>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:17 pm 
Redshirt

purplebruinfan wrote:
I'd be super surprised if we have a big turnout Saturday. The students will be gone home, some fans will be traveling for the holiday and the sports fans in our area will not be interested enough to attend. Same old same old. We all know what it should be. We ought to have a full stadium since this is our first home playoff game while we've been in FCS.

Just to give you an example, last years Southern Utah game at Sam Houston (played on Thanksgiving weekend) drew 3098 fans in a 13,000 seat stadium. This is another great reason to hope for a high seed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 am 
2nd Team

I'm hoping for 8,000. tickets are more expensive and students are not free so market forces are against a big crowd. Only game in arkansas and no hogs might help. It's also an excuse to get out of the house for area families. Wouldn't be shocked either way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:27 am 
All-Conference

parkhill bear wrote:
I'm hoping for 8,000. tickets are more expensive and students are not free so market forces are against a big crowd. Only game in arkansas and no hogs might help. It's also an excuse to get out of the house for area families. Wouldn't be shocked either way

Is it safe to assume there is little media attention or advertising promoting the game?(FYI, last week the local TV stations in and around Huntsville were running promotional commercials for the game.)

Go Bears!