It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Washington
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:34 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ddasm3 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:
How many total yards for the Bears in the 2nd half???????????????????

After a good start we took the foot off the pedal, literally.[/quo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:38 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Great season...but that one was a game that should have been won.
Up 14-0 and then just fall apart... I am very interested in seeing the total offensive
numbers for the Bears from qtrs. 2,3 and 4...bet it's less than 100 yards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:04 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
Up 14-0 and then just fall apart... I am very interested in seeing the total offensive

If I remember correctly, we had 170 yards at half and finished with 244 yards. Sound right?

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:17 pm 
Practice Squad

xbear83 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

If I remember correctly, we had 170 yards at half and finished with 244 yards. Sound right?

That team shouldn't have even been in the game with us. I didn't see anything that would say that was the #2 team in FCS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:20 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
That team shouldn't have even been in the game with us. I didn't see anything that would say that was the #2 team in FCS.

Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 pm 
Team Captain

Man, what a memorable season!

The play that changed the game was the penalty on our coach after the 2nd down hold. I think that play, both the gain they had, knowing it was coming back, but giving the, the first down, deflated our team. From that point on, I saw very little fight.

Really think we need to improve in our secondary. Tackling was not there tonight. They were too open all afternoon and their footwork burned our guys too often.

Hildebrand needs to get healthy. Not sure if anyone came out and said it but he looked like he played hurt the second half of the season. Seems like his arm strength was not there to throw on the run. Shoulder injury?

This team was awesome, though. Thoroughly enjoyed attending and watching/listening to them play this year. I believe Coach Campbell is setting this team up for years of massive success. Proud to be a Bear!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 pm 
Redshirt

ddasm3 wrote:
xbear83 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

I don't know about that. Not sure how much you watched us this year, but almost every game played out like this one. Very slow starting and then we come out and dominate the 2nd hald. You should see our 3rd quarter splits, it's crazy. Plus we had a lot of guys down with injury.

All that aside- Congrats on a great season. You guys have some players with great talent and heart. It was a good game and a good test for our squad. Made us earn it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:21 am 
2nd Team

Nathan Brown had a great career at UCA and I'm sure he's a great guy, but we need a coach at OC. I'm not blaming this loss on that, but there are too many weapons that were not utilized throughout this season, and I'm tired of biting my tongue about it.

Great Season by the bears. The win in Jonesboro will be one we will remember for a while. We are advancing to the level we want to be at, and I'm very thankful and proud of the legacy Steve Campbell is beginning to build. 7, 8, 10 wins...what's in store for next season!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:57 am 
Two-Time All-American

parkhill bear wrote:
Nathan Brown had a great career at UCA and I'm sure he's a great guy, but we need a coach at OC. I'm not blaming this loss on that, but there are too many weapons that were not utilized throughout this season, and I'm tired of biting my tongue about it.

Great Season by the bears. The win in Jonesboro will be one we will remember for a while. We are advancing to the level we want to be at, and I'm very thankful and proud of the legacy Steve Campbell is beginning to build. 7, 8, 10 wins...what's in store for next season!!!

I'm sure that CC has final say on all play calls, but it does seem to be real generic
most of the time and is frustrating to watch as a fan. I know they want to establish
the run and I'm a believer in the run game...but eventually you've got to be able
to adjust and the UCA offense doesn't do that very well...

BPSG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 am 
Two-Time All-American

xbear83 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

Looking at the box score and Bears 2nd half possessions.

5-8
3-9
7-13
3-4
8-29
4-2

30 plays...75 yards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
xbear83 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

Looking at the box score and Bears 2nd half possessions.

5-8
3-9
7-13
3-4
8-29
4-2

30 plays...75 yards

It seems as we went against the wind in the third quarter, EWU took away our run game and we wouldn't, or couldn't, pass the ball. It seems like we continuously faced third and 5 to 8 and just could not convert. 30 plays at 2.5 yards per play just won't get it done. Give them credit, their defense whipped us in the second half.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 pm 
Redshirt

Congrats on a great season Bears, it was nice to visit with a few of your fans that I ran into on Saturday. Best of luck and hope we see you again in the playoffs down the road!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:22 pm 
Redshirt

Qb hildebrand and is healthy, but he has had to get away from a rush the last 3-4 games. Hard to throw ball on the run All the time. He has excellent arm, but can only attempt to run the play that is called, and if it is always on 2nd or 3rd and long, well the defense knows what we are gonna do! Got to take some good chances, EWU did not have a sophisticated passing attack, they just took what was available, which was a ton of passes 15 yards or less. And completed 47 of those!! We have the tools, got to use them! I mean our qb passed for over 3000 yards in a run first and often offense! What cld he do in an opportunistic offense, or at least more balanced.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

EagerEagle wrote:
Congrats on a great season Bears, it was nice to visit with a few of your fans that I ran into on Saturday. Best of luck and hope we see you again in the playoffs down the road!

Thanks EE...good luck to EWU the rest of the way...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 am 
Two-Time All-American

ddasm3 wrote:
xbear83 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:

Best Wash St
Took NDSU TO OT
Undeafeted in conf much tougher than SLC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next