It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jonesboro/ASU
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 pm 
All-Conference

Sorry I cant resist this. I had a great day yesterday. I ended up working in Jonesboro for the day. I was smiling all day remembering the game last year and how much fun it was to beat ASU, and watching their home stands empty in the 3rd qtr etc. Drove by the stadium and could still hear the cheering. I`m still smiling.
I guess they wont play us again.

Post subject: Re: Jonesboro/ASU
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:53 am 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
Sorry I cant resist this. I had a great day yesterday. I ended up working in Jonesboro for the day. I was smiling all day remembering the game last year and how much fun it was to beat ASU, and watching their home stands empty in the 3rd qtr etc. Drove by the stadium and could still hear the cheering. I`m still smiling.

Great game for both teams, schools, fans, and the state. Hope they find a way to schedule more often and promote effectively. (Oh yeah, and it was a great Bear win!)

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:55 pm 
All-Conference

xbear83 wrote:
UCAFaninTN wrote:

Great game for both teams, schools, fans, and the state. Hope they find a way to schedule more often and promote effectively. (Oh yeah, and it was a great Bear win!)

Folks, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brad and their AD agree on a date for another game ?

I remember after the game in Jonesboro, the general feeling on both sides was that we need to play as often as possible. I know with schedules being what they are that it is almost impossible to do. I do remember Brad mentioning at Bearbackers back in the fall the non-conference schedule for the next five years or so, but I don't remember ASU being mentioned.

Do look forward to the next game with the Red Wolves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 am 
Two-Time All-American

UAPB is on their schedule this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:31 pm 
Redshirt

TMo has stated in numerous interviews that immediately after that game he found Brad Teague, shook his hand and congratulated and said "I want a rematch"

Last I heard due to advance scheduling of both programs it'll be sometime around 2020 if not afterwards that both teams will be able to play again

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:41 pm 
All-Conference

RamblinRedWolf wrote:
TMo has stated in numerous interviews that immediately after that game he found Brad Teague, shook his hand and congratulated and said "I want a rematch"

Last I heard due to advance scheduling of both programs it'll be sometime around 2020 if not afterwards that both teams will be able to play again

Thanks Ramblin.....just today, I have heard either 2020 or 2021. Meant to call the athletic department to ask, but never got around to it.

Can't wait....

Again, Thanks!!!! =D>

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 am 
Redshirt

Our AD, Terry Mohajir wants it to be a multi-year thing. I do too. Its always a great affair regardless and UCA deserved to win that game. He has been talking with Brad Teague but the dates are an issue with that. As has been stated it's likely 2020 before we see it but then look for it to be an almost annual or every other year game I think. Terry wants to continue to play an FCS every year to offset the usually brutal non-conference schedule we play and he would like to rotate it with UCA and UAPB. Wants to keep the money in-state.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:57 am 
Two-Time All-American

asuato wrote:
Our AD, Terry Mohajir wants it to be a multi-year thing. I do too. Its always a great affair regardless and UCA deserved to win that game. He has been talking with Brad Teague but the dates are an issue with that. As has been stated it's likely 2020 before we see it but then look for it to be an almost annual or every other year game I think. Terry wants to continue to play an FCS every year to offset the usually brutal non-conference schedule we play and he would like to rotate it with UCA and UAPB. Wants to keep the money in-state.

Amen...Kudos for Terry stepping up like this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am 
All-Conference

FYI, any argument that playing teams from your state is risky is being blown out of the water.

ASU is tied with Arkansas at 51 in the recruiting rankings right now with 17 commits. That loss REALLY hurt! Throw in a conference championship and beating UCF in a bowl and I should send you guys a gift basket. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 am 
UserName Retired

Crump1 wrote:
FYI, any argument that playing teams from your state is risky is being blown out of the water.

ASU is tied with Arkansas at 51 in the recruiting rankings right now with 17 commits. That loss REALLY hurt! Throw in a conference championship and beating UCF in a bowl and I should send you guys a gift basket. :D

Of course pig fans will say its because Bert can't recruit, they're in the SEC, and injuries have plagued them..it's not their fault! They even say they will likely go 6/6 or 7/5 BUT will have a chance at a national title if they win their division.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just stop.... :lol: my sides hurt... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 am 
Team Captain

Crump1 wrote:

Where is that at? This has you at 75 and them at 39. But Alabama is at 54 :shock: (I admit I don't really follow recruiting, haha)

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Quote:
They even say they will likely go 6/6 or 7/5 BUT will have a chance at a national title if they win their division....

Yeah that really worked out the 3 times they actually did it :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 pm 
All-Conference

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/football

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm 
All-Conference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm 
All-Conference

247 and Scout are merging and are not the best right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:07 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Good point Crump...but that's not why the pigs won't play you. They actually
think they are better than stAte for whatever reason and will not stoop to playing
inferior competition.