Attachments:
C52XFrMUsAAxKze.jpg
C52XFrMUsAAxKze.jpg [ 134.76 KiB | Viewed 5784 times ]

Post subject: Re: Spring Football...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:13 pm 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:
SEE the calendar

They only get 15 days???????? I thought is was 20 ??????

Oh well... :o

BPSG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Starter

For you guys connected to the program, what will be the key position battles starting with spring ball & thru fall camp?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I would say DL, DB, and WR positions are critical .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 am 
UserName Retired

Went to the Spring scrimmage yesterday. Some notes: Keep in mind we don't have the whole team here yet and spring ball is just about finding out who goes where not really production.

1. Hildebrand was Hildebrand. Reliable.
2. Breylin Smith QB was dead on with his passes. Long throws too. A couple of long TDs I saw plus he ran a bit.
3. Kolt Harfield did really well. A couple of slightly and I mean slightly overthrown balls but one long bomb that was dead on. Plus his sideline passes are on a rope. Sweet.
4. RBs get 4 to 5 yards a carry BUT dline was a mix of older and younger players.
5. Defense DBs knocked down pass after pass. Dline hit the RBs hard and got into the backfield.

Observations: more swing passes to the sideline. I really wish we could get rid of those. But whatever. It is just spring.

Fernandez, RB, if that was his correct number, was a beast.
Blackman moved the line easily.
Austin Norris is playing inside DL. He looks HUGE. Not wide but tall and strong. Very noticable when a 6'5" DL stands next to the 6'1" DL. He got a couple of tackles.

I'd say it was an even draw on who did better between the defense and offense. A couple of pass breakups were with the DB not even looking at the ball but somehow had the presence of mind to reach over and hit it exactly as it came into the area of the WR. They didn't even turn around. It was like they had eyes in the back of their heads. But a couple of long bombs were caught by the WRs and the DBs were left on the ground. I was impressed with Breylin at QB. Reminds me of Smothers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Went to the Spring scrimmage yesterday. Some notes: Keep in mind we don't have the whole team here yet and spring ball is just about finding out who goes where not really production.

1. Hildebrand was Hildebrand. Reliable.
2. Breylin Smith QB was dead on with his passes. Long throws too. A couple of long TDs I saw plus he ran a bit.
3. Kolt Harfield did really well. A couple of slightly and I mean slightly overthrown balls but one long bomb that was dead on. Plus his sideline passes are on a rope. Sweet.
4. RBs get 4 to 5 yards a carry BUT dline was a mix of older and younger players.
5. Defense DBs knocked down pass after pass. Dline hit the RBs hard and got into the backfield.

Observations: more swing passes to the sideline. I really wish we could get rid of those. But whatever. It is just spring.

Fernandez, RB, if that was his correct number, was a beast.
Blackman moved the line easily.
Austin Norris is playing inside DL. He looks HUGE. Not wide but tall and strong. Very noticable when a 6'5" DL stands next to the 6'1" DL. He got a couple of tackles.

I'd say it was an even draw on who did better between the defense and offense. A couple of pass breakups were with the DB not even looking at the ball but somehow had the presence of mind to reach over and hit it exactly as it came into the area of the WR. They didn't even turn around. It was like they had eyes in the back of their heads. But a couple of long bombs were caught by the WRs and the DBs were left on the ground. I was impressed with Breylin at QB. Reminds me of Smothers.

Bear Country,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear the young ones are performing well! Hope they seize the opportunity..

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:28 am 
All-Conference

With basketball season being over....sure am glad that Spring Football has arrived.
Have not had a chance to go by and watch, but have been hearing good things. =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 am 
Two-Time All-American

Football is always a good thing...

BPSG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:39 pm 
All-Conference

What`s the latest? Been so busy with work I haven't had a chance to follow much this spring.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm 
UserName Retired

Let's see.

No advertising on any site about the practice times or the previous scrimmage times except the one the Alumni Association is hosting a crawfish boil.

No news from practices. I've been to several but haven't seen one school paper, tv, or yearbook person there unless I missed them.

No local stations.

Yet when I go I see kids giving their all. Hitting, running, and making plays. Wish I could cover them for the media but I'm at work when they start.

Just disappointed our school takes no pride in this team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:11 pm 
Team Captain

We obviously can't afford enough help to get this done. This has been a issue for a while now. I see updates from about every team in conference on their websites about their respective teams spring practices. (Some schools do it daily.) please go and look at their websites. You will see that they are updated very regularly. I am sure our guys work hard and do a good job but we sure don't have enough to cover our programs like a division 1 school. If you want to keep up with our football team I'd go to their twitter page. @uca_football....they update that very regularly.