It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiring: Director of Marketing: Athletics
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:04 am 
UserName Retired

Surprise! Surprise!

How many of these do we have now? or did we lose somebody. Sure couldn't tell they even existed last year. Not slamming the person but seriously we were invisible in this state. I had one of the statewide broadcasters tell me he covered us because he felt sorry that we had such a great team and was getting nothing.

https://jobs.uca.edu/postings/3304

Duties:

• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing/sales plans to increase attendance at all home athletic events; Create and organize advertising campaigns, in coordination with University PR/Marketing
• Coordinate and manage game day event operations, including, but not limited to the direction and supervision of all in-game promotions, Game day scripts, marketing efforts and fulfilling all corporate sponsorship elements.
• Assume game management duties as assigned
• Help with social media campaigns
• Oversee and implement all ticketing sales campaigns as it relates to coordinating season and game day tickets
• Assist and manage the marketing and promotional aspects of the athletics website
• Serve as a liaison to student organizations, community groups and campus departments
• Create and oversee all grassroots marketing efforts, including but not limited to organizing a “street” team and other volunteer groups to help disseminate information and generate exposure and awareness.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Work with Assistant AD for External on Ticket sales plan and implementing corporate sponsorships.

What the heck is a "street team"? Another way of saying we're not spending any money on advertising most likely. :lol: Seriously, I talk with basketball players and football players and they all say fans in the stands make a huge difference in their confidence of play. They deserve better than what this administration (and fans) is giving them. Yeah, we're not that other school but dang..we're good. Might be time to volunteer some time in promotions and gameday atmosphere for this cheap school. Seriously.

Post subject: Re: Hiring: Director of Marketing: Athletics
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:14 am 
All-Conference

I am no authority in business. I have a few ideas that could help. 1. At each home game have one High School marching band to come and preform during halftime. This should be a different school at each game. The parents and relatives are most likely to attend. 2. Sell tickets to their families at half price. This would boost attendance numbers. 3. The President of UCA needs to revive Paint the Town purple. UCA sports brings in millions of dollars to the city of Conway. 4. Have members of all sports go to the elementary schools to help students with their reading skills. Go Bears Go, Papa

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:57 pm 
Starter

This topic has been beat to death since I have followed the Bears. It looks as if an attempt is being made to correct it. This posting is just protocol for a state position I think. Let's hope they get the right person with the proper direction & give the eArs the Bears the game day support they deserve in all sports

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:57 pm 
All-Conference

Things will get better. They have to. Folks using a poor economy as an excuse has gone by the wayside. No more excuses.
Believe it or not we do have a good marketing team.
I am meeting with the admin/marketing team in mid May with one of my ideas that I think will help tremendously, and I expect the administration to back me 100%.
What I am doing will require a bit of time away from my current job but I think I have found a way to balance my responsibilities. Once we have our meeting I will come here and ask for help from all of you. :shock: All it will require is a little bit of effort, nothing that will wear anyone out or embarrass anyone. My job has been in sales/marketing for the last 20 years so I know how to make things happen-and I will.
I wish I could apply for the job, I know I could hit a grand slam with it, but unfortunately I am one of those that didn`t finish college/UCA so all I have is a certification. Yes---- some regrets.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:32 pm 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
Things will get better. They have to. Folks using a poor economy as an excuse has gone by the wayside. No more excuses.
Believe it or not we do have a good marketing team.
I am meeting with the admin/marketing team in mid May with one of my ideas that I think will help tremendously, and I expect the administration to back me 100%.
What I am doing will require a bit of time away from my current job but I think I have found a way to balance my responsibilities. Once we have our meeting I will come here and ask for help from all of you. :shock: All it will require is a little bit of effort, nothing that will wear anyone out or embarrass anyone. My job has been in sales/marketing for the last 20 years so I know how to make things happen-and I will.
I wish I could apply for the job, I know I could hit a grand slam with it, but unfortunately I am one of those that didn`t finish college/UCA so all I have is a certification. Yes---- some regrets.

First of all, I wish you luck on your proposal. I just hope they will give you some consideration. I have seen them turn their backs on other proposals over the years.

Secondly, I wonder if this means the end of Peak Sports Management, which alledgedly, promoted the program over the last several years . I don't see any of their personnel listed on the ucasports website.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:34 am 
Two-Time All-American

It all boils down to $$$ and perception...the athletic dept. at UCA has very limited
funds for a marketing campaign.
The Purple Circle fund has been around $350,000 for over 15 years now...no new
members to speak of. A vast majority of UCA alumni who support a program
are supporting UA, not UCA. Our program is looked upon as 2nd tier and not
worthy of their attention.
The state sports media make it their mission to only talk about the piggies
and nobody else.
As my friend 75' always says, " we live in a wannabe society" people in this
state want to support what they perceive to be the best program, even though
it has proved over and over not to be.

I agree with papabear...the City of Conway needs to support this Program in a
big way.

The average sports fan in Conway doesn't have a clue what they are missing.
D1 athletics a few minutes away. As Ron White says...
" you can't fix stupid"

I am going to continue to support the program as I always have and hope a
few more alumni will follow suit.

BPSG

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 am 
UserName Retired

I did a fundraiser one time and raised a few hundred dollars. I told the administration I needed to leave the product at the Athletic office because I worked in LR and the winning bidder was going to come to UCA anyway so he could pick it up there. Talk about a total inconvenience. Ever make someone feel bad for doing something for you? Really? That put me off this administration. I don't hold it personally to them but overall they seem to busy to assist in fundraising for their department.

Hey TN, I can help. I'm not going to gripe and do nothing and expect something different. :lol:

It may be time to take this fundraising thing into our hands. I know several larger universities have independent fundraising arms that are effective. We just have to figure out what they are doing and copy and paste. =D>

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 am 
UserName Retired

Does anyone want to start an unofficial support organization that's primary reason for existence is to financially support UCA Athletics?

What would we call it? How can we promote it? How can we get more members?

If noone wants to start one here and we're fanatics, then it just ain't gonna happen. #-o

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:17 pm 
All-Conference

We should.
It would need to be a 501(c)3 association but it can be done. The trick is finding a tax lawyer that will do it fairly reasonably. Most want to charge around 3500 bucks. My wife and I had one done for our high school football booster club here in TN for 400 bucks (Huge bargain)

As far as what I am proposing soon if they turn me down it will be a travesty. My idea revolves around none of them actually having to do any legwork. Myself and my team will handle it. The staff will be more than welcome to help if they like. I will consider it a "gift" to the football program etc once finished. We will see what happens. All of you should like it, and I hope all of you are in.

Foot hit the nail on the head with his post.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm 
All-Conference

"Fan", I agree we have a pretty good marketing team. They are young but extremely enthusiastic. I've given them a number of names for possible PC membership and I've confirmed they are reaching out and attempting to cultivate these relationships.

I wish you the best of luck on your proposal presentation. The Bears need all the support we can generate.
If it helps those wearing purple and gray, count me in.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:44 pm 
All-Conference

Thanks "X" :D We love our Bears!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I will be behind anything that helps the BEARS...

Trying not to sound redundant...but UCA receives no attention from the state media. I travel in my work truck from job to job most every day and listen to
the radio...mostly sports talk programs. UCA is seldom mentioned if at all on
most of the shows. The only exception is "The Zone" with Justin Acri and Pat
Bradley.

Listeners get bombarded with pig talk all day long. UCA is out of sight and
therefore out of mind with the patrons of these shows.

This is free advertising and it reaches a wide audience. There has to be a way
to convince these programs to talk a little UCA from time to time.
Maybe the athletic dept. could arrange this...I don't know.

Just a thought... :? :? :?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am 
UserName Retired

Well UCAfaninTN..... did you propose it yet? If so, how did it go over?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 pm 
All-Conference

Not yet. I`m behind. Been traveling a lot with work so I haven't finished my proposal yet. Family vacation in early June. Right now I`m looking at late June. I will definitely come back on here once I get results whether positive or negative.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:22 pm 
All-Conference

Should know something within the next 2-3 weeks. My traveling is finished for a bit so now I can focus on this. I`ll update you guys ASAP. New team to work with looks promising. If project gets approval I will need all of your support.

GO BEARS!