It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sam Houston
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:03 pm 
Redshirt

bwbear wrote:
At the game. It is a sellout! Friends of ours were turned away at the gate.

31-17 Good guys at the half

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm 
Team Captain

That was fun!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 pm 
Team Captain

Man, that game was tense!

Our men stepped up at the right time and made the plays happen. There were a lot of questionable calls from the refs. Was proud to see the men not let it get to them and keep taking care of business.

The rest of this season should be good. Take care of business and get the conference ring!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 pm 
Team Captain

=D> =D> =D>

Quality Win Gentleman!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:28 pm 
All-Conference

Big time win for you guys. Congrats! =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 pm 
All-Conference

The pick six in the first quarter was the loudest I've ever heard Estes. So awesome, great win

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:05 am 
Redshirt

Was a great first game for me at UCA! Still don't get the fan base. Playing the #3 team in the country, leading, and very little noise overall when SHSU had the ball. Then a bunch leave at halftime... even more in the third and 4th... they missed a great game and a great victory!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:50 am 
Team Captain

lurker wrote:
Was a great first game for me at UCA! Still don't get the fan base. Playing the #3 team in the country, leading, and very little noise overall when SHSU had the ball. Then a bunch leave at halftime... even more in the third and 4th... they missed a great game and a great victory!

If you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:59 am 
Team Captain

Grabbed this from the Katfans board:

"Complete mental breakdown on all fronts. I know all of y'all watched the ESPN feed but the body language, the fighting, the miscommunication will not be shown on TV. Even coaches arguing with one another. It was over from the coin flip.

I will tell you this my Kat brethren, i have been going to SHSU games for almost 20 years, this was the most hostile environment I have ever had to see the Kats play in. Tonight's environment, in my opinion, made Hammond and Lake Charles look like a Huntsville hornets game. BW, I know you read this, I hope you took notes on how to make Bowers like that."

They called Estes Hostile =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:36 am 
Starter

Was not there but great to hear about the crowd, watched parts of it and UCA as the better team & was not as close as the score. IMO the Bears are better than anyone left on their schedule. If they can bring it like they did tonight don't see them losing another game. Great win!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 pm 
All-Conference

Man what a great day at UCA and Conway. Had a chance to watch the volleyball girls kick some tail, and then watched one helluva FOOTBALL game. Would like for some of you guys on here to stop by our tailgate and introduce yourselves. Silver 4 door GMC with TN tags in the lot behind main gate/west side(on the grass) Stop by next time and visit, we usually have some good snacks. Ask for Bob or "the waterboy"
The Bears looked good. As long as they can stay humble and keep their heads on straight there is a good chance this could be a very special season.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm 
UserName Retired

Well, really good ball game except for 30 or so penalties...........there was a season of big plays in this game.........any nominations?

Besides Tre's excellent pick 6 to start the game (really tough running through traffic) how about Blackman's two 5 yard runs late off the 10 yard line that got a key first down and ran about 2 more minutes off the clock? There are lots to chose from.........

Hats off to both teams for not losing their cool on the field with the absurd number of penalties.....

Both teams now have an opportunity to finish very strong and get playoff slots.........

As always Kats had so many offensive weapons you could never let down....like us they can score in a wink from anywhere......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:39 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Great win for the Bears...The BEAR DEN students did another excellent job. They
stayed engaged and made a lot of noise.
Big plays on both sides...Sam has a lot of weapons.
I agree about the refs...they were horrible all around. Poor #8 for the BEARS
must have had 5 pass interference flags thrown on him.
Field judge on the east side in the first half gave Sam at least one yard on every
play. If it was anywhere close he gave them a first down and moved the chains.
Late in the second half Sam completed a pass and he spotted it at the Sam 31.
luckily there was a replay and the ball was put back to the 29. He missed it by
2 yards...Really? Sam was forced to punt and the punter drops the snap. Big
play right there. Bears score two plays later to put it out of reach.
I understand there will always be judgement calls but spotting the ball and missing
it by two yards is nothing short of incompetent.

Anyway Bears win...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
UserName Retired

You are right about that placement.........I sit on the other side of the field at the 30 yard line and clearly saw the receiver did not make the yard line much less the first down........

That catch by Cox in the end zone was phenomenal..........

NCAA Week 5 FCS story recaps........
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-10-01/fcs-football-week-5-recap-sam-houston-state-falls-while-elon

Last edited by JRK on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:43 pm 
Team Captain

Speaking of refs.....

The line judge on the home side was very yellow hanky happy. One day of the last pass interference calls against Garrison was very bad. Both players were making a play for the ball and we get flagged. Was the second time that drive #8 was flagged.

So the last possession we had when we were trying to run out the clock, and we simply shifted, line judge threw a flag. I think he was looking for a penalty to call at that point! I could not help but to laugh at him.

Also, I could not tell, but how in the world did we constantly get called for neutral zone infractions? We’re they legit, or were they typical line up and the refs were just flag happy?

I yelled at one point about the “crap calls” and my 10 year old reminded me that there were kids around. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next