It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McNeese State
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Another tough must win game...........hoping for a big and loud crowd...........

Post subject: Re: McNeese State
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 am 
Starter

You guys take it easy on my poor Cowboys. Our offense just can't seem to get it going and our defensive stats may look good but have been created against competition that wasn't all that great.

Doc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:52 am 
UserName Retired

I'm hoping for a BIG crowd but this weekend is the last for Deer Muzzleloading. Traditionally hunters have been out in full force. Plus the pigs are doing horrific so fans of their team have waived off football. We aren't likely to get any tshirt fans from that group either.

But it is what it is.

Time to replay the game from last year... =D>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am 
All-Conference

McNeese has strung together some wins with impressive defensive performances with their best effort coming last wknd with 4 pick-6s. If Hayden and Co. take care of the football, scoring opportunities should present themselves. Let's hope we take advantage of a few of them.

McNeese will have a tough time scoring on us. If we can get an early lead, it will be tough for McNeese to dig out of a hole...UCA 27 - McNeese 13

Weather will play more of a role than anything with the crowd. Latest forecast has highs in the low 50s and a low near freezing. Classic big homecoming crowd probably followed by a mass halftime exodus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 am 
Redshirt

Hello bear fans! I am new to the forum but not to UCA football. I have been a huge fan since before I became a student here at UCA. My dad and I attend every home game and even travel to as many away games as we can. I am super pumped about this season and the progress our team is making. I agree with everyone on here about our crowd at the games and that is what I wish to address. Our boys are most likely about to be in the top 5 and we have a huge game coming up. I want to know if there is something we can do to help get the word out about this game and for fans to STAY past half time and to be wearing UCA gear. It's homecoming so there will be a big crowd to begin with but the cold and homecoming parties will draw people out fast. What can we do to help spread the word about how important this game is to not only the campus but to the city of Conway. Surely the pig fans in Conway know by now to go to a UCA game instead....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:54 pm 
All-Conference

UCA sports generates millions of dollars to the Conway community. There should not be any empty seats in the stadium. Yes there is exceptions like sickness, death in the family, being out of state, having to work, but not hunting. This town needs to be painted purple not red. Buying up seats and not using them plus a thin crowd is a cold slap in the face to our Bears. Thank God for the BMB who is truly a support to the young men who puts on the pads and uniform. We should always have a packed house. Go Bears Go , Papa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:55 pm 
UserName Retired

Welcome to the board!

Glad to have you as a Bear fan!

Just do what these fanatics are doing. Promoting the team by word of mouth, posting on social media, and inviting those who may not ususally come. I buy tickets for a group weekly but sometimes I run out and have to find those who usually attend that may not be coming and ask for their tickets.

Foot is GREAT at his charitable giving of tickets... thanks Foot!

Just talk about the Bears when you can. Sure you will have some that say who cares but I've got a group of about 10 people who now attend regularly because they witnessed a GREAT game and are now hooked. UCA isn't FBS. We get that. But the product on the field is amazing. The players are motivated and the coaches are some of the best in the FCS.

Go Bears!

P.S. UCA is ranked #4 in the nation in the FCS now. I let a statewide radio show know it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm 
Starter

So I'm a new guy here as well. Recent UCA grad and have been going to UCA football games since I was little. Remember attending the DII playoff game against North Alabama back in 2005 I believe. Didn't know there was a UCA forum for a long time, and stumbled upon this just now. Glad to have a place to talk about our squad. Roll Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm 
Team Captain

Glad to see some new names popping up here!

TAW22 - I was at that game. My daughter was about 1.5 months old. My wife was trying to keep her warm, and I was heartbroken at the loss.

I have not followed McNeese that closely. From what I have read, a really good defense. This may be a defensive battle more than an offensive showcase.

We need to start quick and not let off the gas at any point during the game. Control the ball, control the line on both sides, and control the clock.

UCA 27
McNeese 21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm 
Redshirt

My dad has already successfully hooked two of his co workers to support the bears! One of them had been arguing with him too that all that mattered was the hogs. Now this guy is wearing purple and coming to our games! Let's keep this up! Roll bears roll.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 pm 
Team Captain

BearCountry wrote:
Plus the pigs are doing horrific so fans of their team have waived off football. We aren't likely to get any tshirt fans from that group either.

Doesn't sound like it

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.ph ... 40.new#new

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:46 pm 
UserName Retired

The butthurt is great with those posters. We were glad Frank was dead? We put them down? That is funny stuff. I only hear about the hogs when the radio and tv people cry annually about their season. But I wouldn't expect support from a fanbase or a program that seperates itself from its roots.... the people of the ENTIRE state of Arkansas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 pm 
Team Captain

BearCountry wrote:
The butthurt is great with those posters. We were glad Frank was dead? We put them down? That is funny stuff. I only hear about the hogs when the radio and tv people cry annually about their season. But I wouldn't expect support from a fanbase or a program that seperates itself from its roots.... the people of the ENTIRE state of Arkansas.

I try to get some of my hog friends interested in UCA football but they say stuff like "If I was a Royals fan and they were terrible I wouldn't go to Naturals games instead"

Granted not all of them are like that, but many don't even give it a chance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:24 pm 
UserName Retired

It's ok. They will just have to miss out. Just keep them updated with all the wins and go enjoy the games! =D>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm 
UserName Retired

First, welcome to the new board members..................the best thing each of us can do is (a) get ourselves to the game wearing purple and (b) talk about the Bears to our friends...........word of mouth spreads pretty fast..........you young folks can use social media with your friends.........I think the top 15-20 FCS teams are better than MANY FBS teams and play great ball...........people mostly have no idea of the size, speed and talent of FCS......I don't see FBS schools lining up to play North Dakota State or James Madison.......football fans will enjoy FCS play...... granted the Top 15-20 FBS are very good but that is not what most fans see each week...........I am not sure A-State and UCA are not the best teams in Arkansas this year.......

Second, I have it from my source that Ebony is hard at work in ticket center to get 10,000+ out Saturday night........if you have not met her, you will remember when you do........

Third, Coach Broyles was quite a guy and good to UCA (or SCA) where he could...........he came from one of the homes of college football (Georgia Tech) and forever promoted the game (and the State of Arkansas).........I used to sit in a room at State Hall and watch hogs do their Friday walk throughs at Estes on Friday before Saturday Little Rock games.....I would say the vast majority of UCA fans over the years respected Coach greatly......

Fourth, glad to hear from Doc (McNeese 72) a diehard Cowboys fan.......do not let his modesty about McNeese this season lead you astray.......Bears and Cowboys is usually a hard fought game.........last year was not the norm......my La Tech friends still think of McNeese from the old Gulf States days when both were extremely good teams......that was a very good conference with those two plus USL, Southeastern, Nicholls and Northwestern State......seems like A-State at one time also........

Fifth, maybe they should go to Naturals games.......see how many former Naturals in big leagues now in a big way? These are probably those who come to an occasional Nats game wearing hog gear......guess they do not own anything else.......

Sixth, why bring that North Alabama game up? We beat them earlier that season at Estes then had to try and do it again........quite a game both times........like McNeese they were always a tough opponent...........

Seventh, gpb......................... or as I would say, Go Purple Bears!!!