It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: McNeese State
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 pm 
Redshirt

Keep it positive. Remember, those posters are a small sample of the Hog Fans and do not speak for all. Just as the comments they are making are speaking about a small sample of people and not UCA fans in general. Don't lump the many with the few on either side. For every negative poster there, there may be another that shows up but just wouldn't comment to keep from getting roasted.

Either they show or they don't. Either way keep spreading the word of success and the fan base will come around with continuing to win. Or it's their loss. Show up, get loud, and stick around. Set the example!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:59 am 
Team Captain

I am an Arkansas fan (not UofA). I want our in-state teams to do well. I watch the Hogs when their game does not conflict with a UCA game. I want them to do well. Same with ASU.

But my money goes to a UCA.

This week we’ll drop the cash to take the entire family to Estes. This hopefully will be another moment where the Bears show up strong and fast. Unlike SHSU, we cannot take the foot off the pedal though.

And JRK, the North Alabama games were incredible in 2005.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 am 
UserName Retired

Saturday weather:

High 54 degrees. Kickoff at 6 p.m. Sunset at 6:19 p.m. I bet the temp drops QUICKLY after that sun sets! Bundle up cowboys... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 am 
All-Conference

Starting to hear a buzz on the radio and social media. The focus on the team is increasing, and I hope the players can sense it. It's exciting to be in this position as a player, but they gotta stay focused and not get caught up in it. I prefer the Jimmy V approach to media and fan attention that winning teams receive...enjoy it and the moment because they are rare and not everyone gets this opportunity, but you gotta stay focused on the task at hand.

Agree 100% with bw, I think most Arkansans generally want in state teams to do well. This is a golden opportunity to grow our fan base and produce some REAL fans rather than the social butterflies from Conway that come for the first Q and leave before halftime.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:18 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I agree with the uaf fan who doesn't care about UCA...why should he?
He has uaf, UAPB, UAM and UAFS to root for...all in the U of A system.

I'm a UCA grad and a former Bear and I don't give a hoot about the pigs. Just like
him...I wouldn't go to a uaf game if you gave me tickets...even if they won 22 in a
row back in the 60s'. :roll:

He talks about our student fees being high....UCA doesn't get 50 million a year
in tv revenue from riding the coat tails of Bama, Auburn, LSU, Miss St. Ole Miss,
Texas A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, Flordia, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and
Missouri.

UCA gets a lot of bang for their buck and performs at a high level year in and
year out....

BPSG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
I agree with the uaf fan who doesn't care about UCA...why should he?
He has uaf, UAPB, UAM and UAFS to root for...all in the U of A system.

I'm a UCA grad and a former Bear and I don't give a hoot about the pigs. Just like
him...I wouldn't go to a uaf game if you gave me tickets...even if they won 22 in a
row back in the 60s'. :roll:

He talks about our student fees being high....UCA doesn't get 50 million a year
in tv revenue from riding the coat tails of Bama, Auburn, LSU, Miss St. Ole Miss,
Texas A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, Flordia, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and
Missouri.

year out....

BPSG

A bear doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:27 pm 
Team Captain

FOOT84 wrote:
year out....

BPSG

I was looking at recent games notes. Since 2001, UCA has the best win percentage in the state. I make sure to point this out to the Hog fans I am friends with, especially those with no academic ties to the university.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Well, we have enjoyed the last 24 hours but it is time to turn to Cowboys vs Bears in a huge SLC game............

So far this season, McNeese record.......they are very much in the hunt........

@ Nicholls State, 35-37 loss
Florida Tech, 42-21 win
@Alcorn State, 34-27 win
HBU, 27-12 win
@SFA, 35-0 win
@ACU, 13-7 win
Incarnate Word, 55-7 win

4-1/6-1

Hard to decide which games best represent the Cowboys........a lot has happened for everyone since they lost to Nicholls on the road..........but Colonels were really playing well to start........Alcorn leads the SWAC/East at 4-1/5-3 with 7 point losses to McNeese and Florida International and then got whacked by Top 20 Grambling last week..........our difficulty vs HBU appears to have been the Cowboys experience as well....their whipping of SFA looks interesting given our problems which was then followed up with a near whiff vs ACU........

@ACU

McNeese led 13-7 at half then a shut out by both defenses.........key stats below....

MSU/ACU

FDs: 20/12
Rush: 45-163/15-24
Pass: 16-26-0-1-175/18-36-114-0-0
Total: 338/138
Punts: 40.0/41.8
TOP: 38/22
Sacks: 2-14/5-18
3rd: 6-16/4-13
Pens: 6-50/6-49

James Tabary only QB; Justin Pratt ran for 22-109; Kent Shelby 6-99 receiving; Gunnar Raborn 2-2 FGs long 37

@SFA

Led 7-0 mid way in Q1 then 21-0 at half and 35-0end of Q3 then a cruise control........scoring drives included 11-80-4:04 in Q1......5-69-1:51.......5-65-2:09........6-75-2:19.........3-31-:55.except for nice fist scoring drive, pretty quick strikes.....

MSU/SFA

FDs: 20/19
Rush: 41-342/35-61
Pass: 13-26-163-0-3/22-42-163-1-0
Total:505/224
Punts: 38.5/38.7
TOP: 30/29
Sacks: 4-19/0-0
3rd:8-16/4-17
Pens: 9-101/6-36

Tabary played most QB with 3 TD passes; David Hamm rush 14-165 and Justin Pratt 15-125; Parker Orgeron led receivers with 2-38

LSU is open this week so maybe Coach Orgeron will come to a good game in Conway..........probably not but let's be ready to show him a big crows on The Stripes.....more importantly let's show the Cowboys we are for real with a big win.......or Bears win 7-6 ..........either works for me....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am 
Redshirt

As most of you Bear fans may know, McNeese no longer has a fan forum.

However, Keith Zembower writes a daily blog which covers different topics, not just McNeese. Yesterday's (10/24) blog did have a mention of the game, and he says he will spend the rest of the week going more in depth. You can find his blog here: https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

A McNeese fan page can be found on Facebook, the Geaux Cowboys discussion group.

For some of you newer guys who don't know about it, the AGS board is good for FCS discussion: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 am 
Starter

McCowboys wrote:

A McNeese fan page can be found on Facebook, the Geaux Cowboys discussion group.

The old fan forum is a dinosaur. Since we started the McNeese GeauxCowsboys Public Discussion Group on Facebook, that is where everybody goes to read and post now a days. Totally killed the old fan forum. But we have more people as members there than we could have ever dreamed about with the old messageboard. Even the McNeese SID and assistant SID's post information on it.

Facebook GeauxCowboys Public Discussion Group

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm 
Two-Time All-American

McNeese72 wrote:
McCowboys wrote:

The old fan forum is a dinosaur. Since we started the McNeese GeauxCowsboys Public Discussion Group on Facebook, that is where everybody goes to read and post now a days. Totally killed the old fan forum. But we have more people as members there than we could have ever dreamed about with the old messageboard. Even the McNeese SID and assistant SID's post information on it.

Facebook GeauxCowboys Public Discussion Group

Thanks for the update...but since I don't do Facebook it doesn't do me much
good. Looking forward to the game as always vs. McNeese St. The Cowboys
always seem to be at their best in Conway. Looking forward to their fans as
well. Always have good support...gotta love those guys.

BPSG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm 
Redshirt

I've been hearing a lot about the game on social media, on campus, and on the news! I get more and more excited as Saturday approaches. I hope our guys have a good head on their shoulders going in because it won't be an easy win but it sure is in our reach.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 pm 
UserName Retired

A friend who is a uaf grad and long time season ticketholder mentioned today that it is a good thing hogs do not play Bears this year the way we can throw the ball and the way they cannot stop the pass. Apparently he has heard TV sports in LR talking about UCA.

The attention is nice but this is just the next important game and we need to play well and take care of business for 60 minutes. Cowboys will be ready as this is huge for their season as it is for Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:59 pm 
Starter

Should be a good game against a solid opponent. Think UCA’s offense will struggle at times but will do enough to pull out a win, and the defense will do what it always does getting some important stops. UCA 27, McNeese 20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:36 pm 
Redshirt

Game 8 at Central Arkansas: http://www.mcneesesports.com/sports/201 ... h=football

Showdown in the "Natural State" http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/2017/ ... s-uca.aspx

Geaux Pokes!

Scroll down to read Zem's "Crystal Ball" predictions: https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/