It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Road to a National Seed
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:17 am 
Team Captain

With three games left, the Bears have put themselves in a dominate position in the SLC. Their final three opponents have a combined 4 wins.

Let’s talk seeding scenarios:

1. UCA wins out. Our last three opponents will hurt our SOS. Is it enough to drop us from a top 4 seed?

2. UCA implodes one game. I think that would take us out of a seed but we would still get into the playoffs.

3. UCA really implodes and we lose more than one. I think with 2 losses of the remaining schedulewe are a bubble team. 3 losses against the remaining teams and we are out.

#1 seems to be, based on stats alone, the most likely. I believe we have to have style points in the last three games to keep us in the top 4 seeds. A loss from somewhere above us would definitely help.

Sam Houston appears to be in a very similar spot we are. The schedule that remains is an easier road for them. It would be nice to see both teams win out and end up as national seeds.

Post subject: Re: The Road to a National Seed
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm 
All-Conference

Not sure what others in the top 10 have left as far as matchups go, but our sos will drop in November. However, last night was a statement win that should keep us above the #8 line. Will it be #4 like some polls have us...I'm not so sure. The southland is way too top heavy. The bottom of this conference is bad and we're about to plow through the bottom rungs.

Provided we take care of business, meaning win each game with little fanfare, I would predict a 5 or 6 seed. I don't think SHSU gets a national seed based on their schedule and previous playoff pairings. Last year they dominated everyone and finished with a 5 seed...bad sos was the biggest variable. Their win against Richmond is looking less and less stellar with each loss they rack up