It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abilene Christian
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm 
All-Conference

Ok Bearbackers it's on us to show up Saturday and cheer on those Bears. We need to have a good attendance, and get loud. The Bears are 9 wins 1 loss. We need to give them our best welcome home as we can give them. Gooooooo Beeeeaaaarrrrs,

Papa

Post subject: Re: Abilene Christian
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm 
UserName Retired

My seats will be filled...............Go Bears!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 am 
UserName Retired

I've got 10+ coming with me! People who usually don't come! BAM!

Raise the trophy for the OUTRIGHT title gentlemen...you're going to raise it either way! =D>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 pm 
All-Conference

I`ll be there! The wife cant make it but I`ve already filled her seat!! Gonna be cooking it up and ready to see an undefeated conference season!!!!

GO BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Looking for at least 9300 in attendance............hard weekend to do that but if Ebony and Matt have to go door to door and get people they need to do that......... not too many times do you get to see the #3 ranked team lay...........

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 am 
Team Captain

Zaxby’s is giving away tickets for a donation of two canned goods to go to a local food bank to the first 100. Hopefully that will drive a few more people. I know my family of five, plus two in-laws, will be there!

ACU gave SHSU fits. It is always dangerous playing a team that has nothing to lose. Fundamentals become important in games like this. We are better in every phase of the game and have to play like it.

9,000 plus attendance, on the Stripes, and we overpower them. 49-13.

We need a NDSU loss. James Madison is playing #11, and maybe an upset there. Would love to land a #2 seed and have home field advantage possibility until Frisco. A lot has to go right this weekend, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 pm 
Starter

Will be there as usual. Don’t think it will be wall to wall crowded due to duck season starting this weekend, but think there will still be a really solid crowd on hand. Think word is really starting to get out about this program throughout the area. Of course could be wrong and we could have a crowd like the Illinois State game last year, but I’ve heard more people talking about UCA this season than ever before. Pretty exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm 
UserName Retired

Got to take care of fundamentals..............control LOS, no turnovers, special teams play, no dumb penalties killing drives or giving them life, tackle well............Wildcats can pull the upset and Bears have to be mentally ready to play from the start..............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:01 pm 
Two-Time All-American

TAW22 wrote:
Will be there as usual. Don’t think it will be wall to wall crowded due to duck season starting this weekend, but think there will still be a really solid crowd on hand. Think word is really starting to get out about this program throughout the area. Of course could be wrong and we could have a crowd like the Illinois State game last year, but I’ve heard more people talking about UCA this season than ever before. Pretty exciting.

I agree with all the above...but I believe that the word about THE UCA FOOTBALL
program has been out for a long time. From 1976 - 1992 the BEARS won 14 out
of 17 conference championships with 10 in a row...also not to mention 3 National
Championships. Won the Gulf South in 2005 with a deep D2 playoff run. Won the
Southland Conf. in 2008 and now again in 2017. This program has performed at
a high level for over 40 years now. Most people in the state don't know about it
because certain media outlets choose not to give the Bears a second thought.
They are biased beyond belief to the U of A and it's to the point of being downright
shameful. They tell us they care about all Arkansans but they only mean the ones
who support the pigs.... [-X UCA has at least 30 kids from Arkansas on its roster
....but they don't seem to count cause they are not at uaf...

MAKES ME SICK

BPSG

By the way It's 41 kids from Arkansas on the roster... =D>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm 
Starter

FOOT84 wrote:
TAW22 wrote:

of 17 conference championships with 10 in a row...also not to mention 3 National
a high level for over 40 years now. Most people in the state don't know about it
They are biased beyond belief to the U of A and it's to the point of being downright
shameful. They tell us they care about all Arkansans but they only mean the ones
who support the pigs.... [-X UCA has at least 30 kids from Arkansas on its roster

MAKES ME SICK

BPSG

Totally with you on all that. Been going to UCA games forever, but now, I’m seeing things about UCA across social media more than ever and it’s really awesome to see. Still remember the loss to North Alabama in ‘05, hard to beat a team that good twice in one season like we had beaten them earlier that year. UCA has definitely been the most consistently successful football program in the state for many years, and I’m not sure it’s even close. Big game on Saturday! Can’t wait!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm 
All-Conference

TAW22 wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:
TAW22 wrote:

MAKES ME SICK

BPSG

Totally with you on all that. Been going to UCA games forever, but now, I’m seeing things about UCA across social media more than ever and it’s really awesome to see. Still remember the loss to North Alabama in ‘05, hard to beat a team that good twice in one season like we had beaten them earlier that year. UCA has definitely been the most consistently successful football program in the state for many years, and I’m not sure it’s even close. Big game on Saturday! Can’t wait!

Also agree with everything above....one important note to take into consideration folks....."THE SWINE IS STAYING HOME THIS OFF SEASON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bears!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm 
UserName Retired

I still think there are actual football fans in the state who can be won over..........social media is far better medium today than newspapers for under 40.........keep working on it...........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am 
UserName Retired

Fixed your post. ..

FOOT84 wrote:
TAW22 wrote:

Southland Conf. in 2008 ( and 2012) and now again in 2017. This program has performed at

MAKES ME SICK

BPSG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 am 
UserName Retired

Massey gives us a 98% chance to win this one by 27 points:

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 54.92 KiB | Viewed 3984 times ]

Last edited by BearCountry on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 am 
UserName Retired

Weather for Saturday:

Attachments:
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG [ 36.13 KiB | Viewed 3985 times ]