It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is the excitement..?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm 
Practice Squad

We have a number 4 seed team and I see no talk whatsoever from this board...what the hell is the deal? Does nobody in Conway care? Is everybody here razorback fans or some shit? Man y'all get excited and let's get this shit rollin.

Post subject: Re: Where is the excitement..?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm 
Starter

Agree with all of that. Need to have some consistent discussion & excitement on this board about this team. You go to any other FCS message board, even other teams in the Southland and there’s pretty much wall to wall conversation. Check out Sam Houston’s board. Tons and tons of people on there. We need that.

Love our teams and want them to be properly supported!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm 
Team Captain

Tip of the hat to the whole Bear squad! A thrilling end to the regular season, undefeated in conference, nationally ranked in top 5, a bye week in first round, decent draw in the playoffs. It's been a blast to watch!

I will admit I view Sam's board frequently, it is much busier then ours, although I see new posters everyday, and our traffic is picking up. My thinking is the following:

1. Their posters talk a lot of smack on other boards which draw a lot of FCS schools to follow and post back to Sams board.

2. They have Tapatalk enabled. I don't use it myself but quick online search shows it is mobile app that allows posting to 100,000+ message boards.

3. They've had a lot of success in the playoffs last 5-6 years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm 
All-Conference

A lot of twitter activity and local air play.

Agree this board isn't as active as others. I've gone back and read some of the longer threads and participated in some this year, and I would contend that criticism is not very welcome here. Good discussion of opponents and past & futue games are usually replaced with cheerleading and the "let's take it one game at a time" coach speak which is kinda ridiculous unless you're a current player or coach. I heard that saying enough for a lifetime when I played. FANS want to make predictions, talk strategy, vent frustrations, etc; not get chastised for making comments that someone may not agree with

I like the fact that it's clean and not full of profanity, but some on here need to loosen up a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pm 
Starter

huggy_bear wrote:
A lot of twitter activity and local air play.

Agree this board isn't as active as others. I've gone back and read some of the longer threads and participated in some this year, and I would contend that criticism is not very welcome here. Good discussion of opponents and past & futue games are usually replaced with cheerleading and the "let's take it one game at a time" coach speak which is kinda ridiculous unless you're a current player or coach. I heard that saying enough for a lifetime when I played. FANS want to make predictions, talk strategy, vent frustrations, etc; not get chastised for making comments that someone may not agree with

I like the fact that it's clean and not full of profanity, but some on here need to loosen up a bit.

^^^ This.

Obviously like that we’re all respectful of each other here and not profane about anything, but need to be open to voicing what we really think about (insert specific topic).

More than anything, just glad we have a place to talk about the Bears. But would love to talk statistics, stuff about the actual team, coaches etc. Things that are a little beyond surface level I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 pm 
Team Captain

I think it's a combination of the end of the season schedule being so light and us not playing next week. The only real interesting thing about the last few weeks was how much we would win by lol.

Pumped for the playoffs though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:23 am 
Practice Squad

Well let's get this thing rollin then... I like these boys, I like this coach, I like this scheme..it's different than what I was used to under conque but they have the right personnel to execute it. As long as they stay focused and don't get caught up in any kind of hype that they hear, then the sky is the limit. this ground game I think is what makes this offense run..you keep pounding it down opponents throats then They are forced to stack the box and then bam you get a 70 yard td pass...and the defense them boys look real good!! Give me George odum those d-ends and that shutdown corner on our 2012 team and man we woulda been even more dangerous!! But now it's just a matter of time until we find the team who knows how to clog the holes and play man on man but I got faith in the coaches to make the proper adjustments..come on December 2nd!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 pm 
Starter

Bearsfromtexas wrote:
Well let's get this thing rollin then... I like these boys, I like this coach, I like this scheme..it's different than what I was used to under conque but they have the right personnel to execute it. As long as they stay focused and don't get caught up in any kind of hype that they hear, then the sky is the limit. this ground game I think is what makes this offense run..you keep pounding it down opponents throats then They are forced to stack the box and then bam you get a 70 yard td pass...and the defense them boys look real good!! Give me George odum those d-ends and that shutdown corner on our 2012 team and man we woulda been even more dangerous!! But now it's just a matter of time until we find the team who knows how to clog the holes and play man on man but I got faith in the coaches to make the proper adjustments..come on December 2nd!!

More than anything, this style fits the age of football that we are in nowadays. Conque ran some spread-run type plays back when he was here, specifically with Wynrick, but for the most part it was a lot of pro style. This fit his teams better, but we are better able to compete and compete at a really high level conference with this offense.

Say all you want about offense, but this defense really makes the team tick. Which is why I’m so excited about a potentially long playoff run. Offense doesn’t necessarily travel well typically in football, but defense always does. Feel good about our chances in away games, even against the JMU’s and NDSU’s of the world because of our stout defense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm 
Team Captain

The great news for us is we would only have 1 away game between here and Frisco: @ JMU, and that is assuming JMU makes it that far. I'd love to see us go deep, JMU get knocked off, and we host all the way until the finals.

This defense is playing like they have something to prove. Last year's rush D was stout. This year they started out not quite as good but continue to get better. I like our chances against anyone in the field, home or away.

Love what Coach Campbell said after the trophy presentation when asked what he hopes the committee sees: This team is ready to play anywhere against anyone (paraphrasing).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bearsfromtexas wrote:
We have a number 4 seed team and I see no talk whatsoever from this board...what the hell is the deal? Does nobody in Conway care? Is everybody here razorback fans or some shit? Man y'all get excited and let's get this shit rollin.

It's sad to say but the Bears take a back seat to uaf in their own city...As I have
said time and time again...CENTRAL ARKANSAS performs at an extremely high
level year in and year out but doesn't draw remotely the level of support from
the people of Conway that it deserves. They would rather get behind or bitch
about the team from Washington County. It's a sad state of affairs but we all
know how special this program at UCA is and are behind it at all cost.

Our only hope is to pray for those lost souls who cant see past the media
bias and the hoopla...especially the UCA alums who have lost their way and
want to be something they are not.

THE BEARS are the answer to all their hopes and dreams. A winning program,
proven throughout the years who have stayed pretty much obscure to most
Arkansans. They have quietly made their way to a national #4 seed in the
FCS PLAYOFFS without scandal and haven't to the best of my knowledge fired
anyone in the Athletic Dept.

Spread the word by Bear Brothers...there's a old - new kid in town..... :lol:

BPSG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:41 am 
All-Conference

Ditto

Arkansas Media bias = Fake News

Wake up Arkansas, the Bears have been very good for a very long time!
A special welcome to the newby's on the board. It's great to have you and stay engaged, the Bears need your support!

Another Bear in Texas.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 am 
Team Captain

Taken from the most recent games notes (UIW....for some reason there were no game notes published for the ACU game):

WINNING WAYS: UCA enters the 2017 season as the winningest college football team in the state of Arkansas since 2001. Their best outing was an 11-3 record back in 2005 when the Bears reached the quarterfnal round of the NCAA Division II Playoffs and tied the school record for victories. They won 10 Division I games last year en route to a 10-3 record, including an FCS Playoff victory over Illinois State. Since 2001:
1. ..........Central Arkansas ....................125-64 .................... .661
2. ..........Harding.....................................105-69 .....................603
3. ............Hendrix College ..............................24-17 ..........................585
4..............Henderson State.............................98-73 ..........................573
5............Univ. of Arkansas .....................114-87 .....................567
6. ............Arkansas Tech ................................93-78 ..........................543
7. ............Ouachita Baptist .............................86-77 ..........................527
8. ............Arkansas State ...............................99-98 ..........................502
9..............Southern Arkansas .........................81-89 ..........................476
10............UA-Pine Bluff ..................................80-106 ........................430
11. ...........UA-Monticello .................................57-117 .........................327

Too many people do not realize the product that is on the field here in Conway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 am 
All-Conference

bwbear wrote:
Taken from the most recent games notes (UIW....for some reason there were no game notes published for the ACU game):

WINNING WAYS: UCA enters the 2017 season as the winningest college football team in the state of Arkansas since 2001. Their best outing was an 11-3 record back in 2005 when the Bears reached the quarterfnal round of the NCAA Division II Playoffs and tied the school record for victories. They won 10 Division I games last year en route to a 10-3 record, including an FCS Playoff victory over Illinois State. Since 2001:
1. ..........Central Arkansas ....................125-64 .................... .661
2. ..........Harding.....................................105-69 .....................603
3. ............Hendrix College ..............................24-17 ..........................585
4..............Henderson State.............................98-73 ..........................573
5............Univ. of Arkansas .....................114-87 .....................567
6. ............Arkansas Tech ................................93-78 ..........................543
7. ............Ouachita Baptist .............................86-77 ..........................527
8. ............Arkansas State ...............................99-98 ..........................502
9..............Southern Arkansas .........................81-89 ..........................476
10............UA-Pine Bluff ..................................80-106 ........................430
11. ...........UA-Monticello .................................57-117 .........................327

The fact that there is a Division 1 transition in the middle of those years speaks volumes...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 am 
Starter

huggy_bear wrote:
bwbear wrote:

The fact that there is a Division 1 transition in the middle of those years speaks volumes...

During which we won our conference in our very first season. And if not for transition probation would have been playoff bound.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

bwbear wrote:

It goes a lot further back than 2001.

Go back to 1976 thru 2000 and the Bears are 194-70-11...
That's a 71% winning clip.

UCA football has been the standard for a long time...

BPSG