It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Head Football Coaching Search
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:35 pm 
UserName Retired

Well I guess I can post again...I haven't posted all season because we were winning and I didn't won't to jinx it!

Anyway, I was hoping coach would stick around for a few more years and get us a little further in the playoffs and garner more national respect. However, I wish him all the best and am glad that he gets to return home for him.

The next coach needs to pick up where we left off help us get better national attention. We also need someone with a good personality that will be welcomed by the high school coaches around the state and our recruiting region. From what I have hear, coach C was very good at this. I guess we will wait and see!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:46 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
South Alabama: Source tells FootballScoop Steve Campbell is planning, at this time, to bring Central Arkansas defensive coordinator Greg Stewart, safeties / special teams coordinator Matt Kitchens and receivers / recruiting coordinator Pete Bennett to South Alabama in the same coaching roles.

Quote:
South Alabama: In addition to the three mentioned below, sources tell FootballScoop Central Arkansas defensive line coach Larry Hart will also follow Steve Campbell to South Alabama.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ucafanatic wrote:
I would think that the search would have to include some of the successful Division II coaches in our area. One that stands out to me is Scott Maxfield who is currently at HSU in Arkadelphia. He has won a ton of games in his time at HSU. He seems to be very similar to coach Cambell in some aspects. I am not sure though, just a thought.

What do you all think?

Maxfield would be a huge NO. His recruiting philosophy at HSU is to sign 60
players a year to scholarship and give them each $500.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
Maxfield would be a huge NO. His recruiting philosophy at HSU is to sign 60 players a year to scholarship and give them each $500.

That's kind of DII philosophy in many sports and may be something the school is pushing him to do. I know DII volleyball coaches who are under the gun do do just that. Well, not 60 players, but you get my drift.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 pm 
Starter

Seems as though some are really pushing for Kevin Kelley. Why? I don’t know. That’s a big big big NO from me. I want someone with at least SOME collegiate coaching experience.

Listening to Drivetime sports today, and I know it’s just Randy and Rick, but still, they mentioned how UCA “Needed” to hire Kevin Kelley to “get a higher brand of football played at UCA that hasn’t been there and why not hire him? Why not” basically saying that it’s just UCA so who cares, and to “actually bring some excitement to UCA football.” Excuse me, but in regard to the “higher brand” of football, didn’t we just make the FCS PLAYOFFS AS A TOP 5 SEED? And we’ve made the playoffs the last two years. Kevin Kelley ain’t gonna help with that, I’m sorry.

Media has their head so far up a Hogs rear they don’t know what is going on anywhere else.

It’s all fake news! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Central Arkansas: Sources tell FootballScoop offensive coordinator Nathan Brown is a very strong candidate for the head job at Central Arkansas. We hear he could be announced within days. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm 
UserName Retired

TAW22 wrote:
Seems as though some are really pushing for Kevin Kelley. Why? I don’t know. That’s a big big big NO from me. I want someone with at least SOME collegiate coaching experience.

Listening to Drivetime sports today, and I know it’s just Randy and Rick, but still, they mentioned how UCA “Needed” to hire Kevin Kelley to “get a higher brand of football played at UCA that hasn’t been there and why not hire him? Why not” basically saying that it’s just UCA so who cares, and to “actually bring some excitement to UCA football.” Excuse me, but in regard to the “higher brand” of football, didn’t we just make the FCS PLAYOFFS AS A TOP 5 SEED? And we’ve made the playoffs the last two years. Kevin Kelley ain’t gonna help with that, I’m sorry.

Media has their head so far up a Hogs rear they don’t know what is going on anywhere else.

It’s all fake news! :wink:

:roll:

I swear the people in this state have no clue about schools not located in Fayetteville.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 pm 
Redshirt

I've heard that Adam Dorrel the head coach from Northwest Missouri State is on the short list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:22 pm 
UserName Retired

Machine00 wrote:
I've heard that Adam Dorrel the head coach from Northwest Missouri State is on the short list.

He's now the HC at Abilene Christian. He had some great success at NWMS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 pm 
Redshirt

Yea, he didn't do real good at Abilene Christian this year but I see where he had quite a bit of success at NWMS and it was just his first year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 pm 
UserName Retired

None of the names listed excite me................maybe the coach from NW Mo ( great D2 program over the years) now at ACU is worth a look and maybe from West Alabama............Kevin Kelley to upgrade our offense? Give me a break.......D1 football has way too much talent on defense.........Brad can find someone with demonstrated accomplishments and achievements at the college level......lots of coaches are very good at Xs and Os but college success is in very large part recruiting great talent....players and coaches........Brad's problem would be shortening the list of good candidates.........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 pm 
Redshirt

I looked up a little more information on Dorrel. He won three D2 national titles at nwms including two consecutive in 2015 and 2016.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:32 pm 
Redshirt

Kenny Dillingham and Darrell Dickey from Memphis would also be two good candidates worth looking at. They have had a lot of success at Memphis as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm 
Starter

One thing we can rest assured in, is that we have one of the best AD’s in all of Collegiate athletics, and has made many, many successful hires at this school. He’ll get the right guy for the job, no doubt in my mind there.

If I’m putting money on it, I’d have to say Nathan probably gets it. But I’ve got no proof behind that, just what I’m thinking. Could very well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:07 pm 
UserName Retired

I’m betting Nathan gets the nod as well, if for nothing else than to retain some continuity and reward his faithfulness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next