It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Head Football Coaching Search
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm 
UserName Retired

Nate has a bright future ..............he will have opportunities no matter......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 pm 
All-Conference

Not sure I'm excited about someone with no HC experience, but I guess he's impressed some of the right people. HC is a management position that must delegate responsibility to competent people and trust they do the job right. Whoever gets it has a gem of an opportunity to win at a high level.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 pm 
2nd Team

Mark Hudspeth is looking for a job.
Former assistant at UCA and his daughter coming to play for Sugar Bears next season. Might be worth a call.

Tim Horton has to be mentioned. Would have to take a pay cut and leave a pretty good thing at Auburn.

Bill Keopple - UCA grad and current coach at SAU. Best fit of the DII coaches in Arkansas, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 am 
Two-Time All-American

I personally see Dr. Teague hiring someone who has no ties to UCA. Which in
my humble opinion is the best route to take. Everyone loves the former players
and rightfully so but it makes it difficult down the road if things don't pan out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:36 am 
Two-Time All-American

I find it humorous that all these Snoot fans/Kevin Kelley worshipers feel the need to “help us out” at lil ole UCA.

Doubt many of them have ever been to a game and yet they feel qualified to know how our level of play can be improved. Seems like we are doing quite well.

Coach Kelley is very gifted at what he does: Coach smart, motivated, private school athletes to buy in. There is very little similarity between us and them in terms of locker room make up, discipline, etc. And while there may or may not be a small amount of legal recruiting at private high schools it is NOTHING like recruiting D1 athletes from very diverse backgrounds.

There have been successful college coaches who started in high school. But I don’t know of one who went directly to being a college head coach.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 am 
Two-Time All-American

As for me, I trust in Brad. His track record is STELLAR!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am 
Redshirt

Hud just got fired for running a dirty program at ULL
And likely will be Tight Ends Coach At Miss St.

He and Brad have some connections.

I know for a fact Gilliland has expressed interest. If you can win at West Alabama you can win anywhere. They were the #1 seed in super region 2 and beat Delta St
Twice. Came a play short against Samford.
Gilliland coached Megatron at Ga Tech, moved on to Ga Southern they went to the Semi’s 3 times before moving to FBS, amd then he went on to help start the program at Kennesaw (who are still in the FCS playoffs) before taking over a mess at West Alabama and has become the second winningest coach in School history in a short time. And he is the reigning coach of the year.
What I like about the idea is the offenses are similar and he would be the kinda guy open to letting Nathen be the OC. I know Coach Campbell has endorsed Gilliland in a manner of speaking.

Terrible ideas
HUD
Will Hall
Anyone coaching in Donkey D2 Arkansas, those teams couldn’t compete with Valdosta and North Alabama amd Delta State , West Alabama was 4-0 against those teams in 2017. Football is just different there.
I played at UCA and Coached at 2 GSC schools. It’s difference back east.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 am 
Two-Time All-American

Wonder why these people of influence aren’t suggesting Cosch Kelley for an assistant position “up on the hill”.

WR coach or even offensive quality control position. He would be very good at either position, would be a raise from what he’s making now, and would help fill out his resume for a HC position at smaller college.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:56 am 
Two-Time All-American

UCABEARS75 wrote:
I find it humorous that all these Snoot fans/Kevin Kelley worshipers feel the need to “help us out” at lil ole UCA.

Doubt many of them have ever been to a game and yet they feel qualified to know how our level of play can be improved. Seems like we are doing quite well.

Coach Kelley is very gifted at what he does: Coach smart, motivated, private school athletes to buy in. There is very little similarity between us and them in terms of locker room make up, discipline, etc. And while there may or may not be a small amount of legal recruiting at private high schools it is NOTHING like recruiting D1 athletes from very diverse backgrounds.

There have been successful college coaches who started in high school. But I don’t know of one who went directly to being a college head coach.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 am 
Redshirt

UCABEARS75 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 am 
Redshirt

Actually, Gerry Faust went from being head coach at a high school to being Head Coach at Notre Dame from 1981-1985.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 am 
Two-Time All-American

wildwolf wrote:
Actually, Gerry Faust went from being head coach at a high school to being Head Coach at Notre Dame from 1981-1985.

And we all know how that worked out...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:56 am 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
wildwolf wrote:

And we all know how that worked out...

And Todd Dodge at North Texas, 6-37 record. I don’t know a single high school coach who became a head coach in his first job at D1 who was successful. It’s a totally different.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCABEARS75 wrote:
Wonder why these people of influence aren’t suggesting Cosch Kelley for an assistant position “up on the hill”.

WR coach or even offensive quality control position. He would be very good at either position, would be a raise from what he’s making now, and would help fill out his resume for a HC position at smaller college.

And maybe he could improve their level of play... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:31 pm 
Starter

Why wouldn't you go after a coach with head coaching experience from one of the so called power FCS conferences? I read criticism on this forum about weak competition within our conference & that won't change, but if your serious about moving up in the FCS playoffs & competing for a national championship, I believe you have to go after a seasoned FCS head coach with that kind of experience. While I realize it would be expensive, it would show that UCA is stepping up & could finally draw the attention that the Bears deserve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next