It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Football Coach Announced
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm 
Starter

Breaking news: New UCA football coach will be announced at halftime of the basketball game tonight, per UCAsports.com twitter account. Has to be Nathan Brown then right? We shall see.

Last edited by TAW22 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Football Coach Announced
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 pm 
All-Conference

Sounds like Nathan brown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm 
UserName Retired

It's NATHAN BROWN!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm 
Team Captain

My first reaction is that this is not a good hire for the level of success we have had over the last couple of years.

But....

Nathan has proven himself to have a great offensive mind and a great developer of talent at QB. He obviously loves the university and will work hard for it.

That being said, we need a strong defensive coordinator hire. Sucks that a Larry Hart went with Campbell. He would have been great to have around.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:35 pm 
All-Conference

I had high hopes that Nathan would get it....now we just need to get in behind him and let him take the program to the next level.

Not just a good hire...but a GREAT hire. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 pm 
Team Captain

Perfect Hire!! Excited about a passionate talented young coach. I know Dr Teague did his homework and made sure he was the right guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:23 pm 
Starter

bwbear wrote:
My first reaction is that this is not a good hire for the level of success we have had over the last couple of years.

But....

Nathan has proven himself to have a great offensive mind and a great developer of talent at QB. He obviously loves the university and will work hard for it.

That being said, we need a strong defensive coordinator hire. Sucks that a Larry Hart went with Campbell. He would have been great to have around.

I respectfully disagree. I’ve talked to a lot of people who just glow about him, and how bright of a future he has. Sure, he’s young, but that’s the latest trend in coaching. HC’s are getting younger and younger every year. Sean McVay of the LA Rams is 31.

I think he will do a really good job and carry on our very successful program. Let’s not forget, our program tends to make the coaches, more than the coaches make the program. It was good before and after Conque, it was good before Campbell, and it will be good after Campbell, and with Brown. Now that Conque is down at SFA, what has he done?? Won only 4-5 games a season. Not to impune his coaching acumen, but I’d say our program made him look a lot better than he really was.

Hot take here: we’ll be just fine under Nathan Brown.

(We do need a good defensive coordinator though). Enough from me tonight, y’all have probably been hearing too much from me lately anyways :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 am 
Team Captain

TAW22 wrote:
bwbear wrote:

But....

I respectfully disagree. I’ve talked to a lot of people who just glow about him, and how bright of a future he has. Sure, he’s young, but that’s the latest trend in coaching. HC’s are getting younger and younger every year. Sean McVay of the LA Rams is 31.

I think he will do a really good job and carry on our very successful program. Let’s not forget, our program tends to make the coaches, more than the coaches make the program. It was good before and after Conque, it was good before Campbell, and it will be good after Campbell, and with Brown. Now that Conque is down at SFA, what has he done?? Won only 4-5 games a season. Not to impune his coaching acumen, but I’d say our program made him look a lot better than he really was.

Hot take here: we’ll be just fine under Nathan Brown.

(We do need a good defensive coordinator though). Enough from me tonight, y’all have probably been hearing too much from me lately anyways :wink:

No doubt we’ll be fine, hence the “but “ in my post. We reached out to a player we know and he is excited that Nathan is taking over. That’s all I need to know.

I am excited for next year, though. The one thing he does bring to the table is continuity. Next year we make a deeper run in the playoffs!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm 
Practice Squad

Can't say it's a great hire can't say it's a bad hire I guess time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:35 pm 
All-Conference

Nate the Great! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 pm 
Starter

Wishing the best to Coach Brown, earned his stripes on the field as a Bear, albeit before my time as a bear fan (players parent). Hope he is given complete latitude to run the offense/defense he wants as well as hand picking his staff. Go Bears!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I heard from a reliable source that Monte Coleman has expressed an interest
to come back to UCA and coach Linebackers...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am 
All-Conference

Really encouraged to see Nathan retaining some of Coach Campbell's staff at UCA. Sounds like they know what's coming back and coming in this next recruiting class. Also, speaks to Nathan Brown's ability to manage the program.

Great start thus far...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am 
UserName Retired

The 2018 roster is up and so far we have for coaches:

Nathan Brown Head Football Coach
Ryan Howard Assistant Coach
Gunnar Boykin Assistant Coach
Tony Davis Assistant Coach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Pretty sure the web site listing is not up to date. Coaches are a little busy right now.