It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 Recruiting
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 am 
UserName Retired

Any word on commits?

Or do we want to put this info out there?

Post subject: Re: 2018 Recruiting
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Any word on commits?

Or do we want to put this info out there?

BearCountry,

The challenge is there are really no “commits” until the signature is on paper. Kids change their minds and schools pull their offers. It should be interesting with all the recent coaching changes and the early signing period next week. For example, will some kids sign with FCS schools next week or hold out hoping for an FBS offer in February?
Should be interesting and I’m sure Bears will keep some early commits and lose some, just like always.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Yeah 'commits' is not something in stone. Dec. 20th is the day we can early sign them so I was wanting to see if anyone had any news. I did notice one 'decommit' this morning on the web but kids change their mind all the time as you said. I do know we have some VERY solid commits from some very talented players...and I can't wait to see them bring their talents to the winningest program in Arkansas... =D>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Yeah 'commits' is not something in stone. Dec. 20th is the day we can early sign them so I was wanting to see if anyone had any news. I did notice one 'decommit' this morning on the web but kids change their mind all the time as you said. I do know we have some VERY solid commits from some very talented players...and I can't wait to see them bring their talents to the winningest program in Arkansas... =D>

Hope they all stay “solid”.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Nathan Brown‏
@NathanBrownUCA
2h2 hours ago
More
A difference maker in Houston just gave us a call!!! Big time athlete with speed. #BearintheBoat #slot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm 
UserName Retired

Nathan Brown‏
@NathanBrownUCA
19h19 hours ago
More
Wow!!!! Big time call from a lock down DB in Orlando, FL. The @UCA_Football brand is alive and well in central Florida! #BearintheBoat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 pm 
UserName Retired

Nathan Brown‏
@NathanBrownUCA
6h6 hours ago
More
Gotta love a call this early in the morning from a gunslinger that still holding on to a great thing!!! Love this kid no matter what!! #bombsquad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 pm 
All-Conference

Think the “gunslinger” may have decommitted today. At least one QB did.
Best of luck to him and on to those want to be Bears!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Big weekend for recruiting on campus coming up. And I’m guessing there will be a lot accomplished in filling out staff this weekend.

Coach Brown & Co out there working hard!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:39 am 
All-Conference

Getting the top rusher from FL is pretty big time. I'm seeing several big lineman getting signed, so it looks like Brown is attacking exactly where he said he needed to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 pm 
All-Conference

Cameron Myers, the RB from FL, had offers from ASU (decommitted) and Appalachain St.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:27 pm 
Starter

huggy_bear wrote:
Cameron Myers, the RB from FL, had offers from ASU (decommitted) and Appalachain St.

That’s a big get for us. Brown wasn’t lying when he said we were developing somewhat of a recruiting footprint down in Florida. I know one of the main reasons we were able to attract him is that he’s Brandon’s brother, but still, big statement for this program and new head coach to sign a player like that.

Keep loading up the O-line and D-line!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 pm 
Team Captain

http://ucasports.com/news/2017/12/20/be ... tball.aspx

Great quotes from Coach Brown. We have signed some boys with big size. So far he seems to be practicing what he preaching with size and speed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:51 pm 
UserName Retired

Looks like a great early signing class!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 am 
UserName Retired

Alex Bridges, 6-foot-5, 310 pounds, comes to UCA from Cisco (Texas) Community College and John Tyler High School in Tyler, Texas. "Alex has the size you are looking for on the edge of the offensive line,' said Brown. "He could be an instant plug and play guy at one of our tackle positions.'

Dylan Desper (6-4, 290) played at Jones County Community College and Madison (Miss.) Central High School. "Dylan's junior college coach said there wasn't a harder worker on their team than Dylan,' Brown said. "He adds experience and toughness to our O-line room.'

Will Burgess (6-4, 330) is a high school signee who played at Lake Hamilton High School in Hot Springs, Ark. "Will is exactly what you are looking for when you want to get bigger and more physical on the offensive line,' said Brown. "He has the size and the athletic ability to make our O-line special for years to come.'

Jacob Ingram is a 6-3, 305 pounder from West Monroe (La.) High School. "Jacob is a very versatile O-lineman. He just got finished playing in the Louisiana All-Star game at center and has played three other spots on the O-line. He has the size we are looking for and comes from a winning program,' said Brown.

Austin Eldridge (6-3, 240) is a tight end from Plant City (Fla.) High School. "Austin is a special athlete at the tight end position,' Brown said. "He has in-line blocking experience and also has the ability to catch the football from the tight end spot. He had over 100 yards receiving in the Florida All-Star game he played in a couple of weeks ago.'

Cameron Myers (6-1, 200) is from Durant High School in Plant City, Fla., and is the younger brother of UCA freshman wide receiver Brandon Myers. "Cameron will be our first early enrolled high school student-athlete I have ever been a part of here at UCA,' Brown said. "He will be going through spring ball when he could be going to his high school prom. He led the highest level of football in the state of Florida in rushing this past year. He has a great combination of size and speed.'

Bennie Smith is a 5-8, 170-pound receiver from Klein Oak High School in Spring, Texas. "Bennie is a great athlete,' Brown said. "He is one of those guys you can't tackle in a phone booth. He will remind Bear fans of (former UCA receivers) Jatavious Wilson and Brandon Cox. He has played running back and wide receiver over the past couple years so he has great versatility.'

Alexandro Ramirez (6-2, 300) is an interior defensive lineman fromm Springdale (Ark.) Har-Ber High School. "Alejandro is a great athlete for his size,' Brown said. "He is a state champion wrestler and controls the line of scrimmage on the interior of the defensive line. He has great feet for a big guy and his initial pop when the ball is snapped reminds me of a lot of the great ones we have had here over the past few years.'

Duke Upshaw is a 6-0, 180-pound cornerback from East Mississippi Community College and Baldwyn (Miss.) High School. "Duke just got named first-team NJCAA All America yesterday,' said Brown. "He has the ability to play man coverage and take away a side of the field for an offense. We lost an All American in senior Tre Smith so we needed instant help at this position and Duke provides that. He is coming off a national championship at East Mississippi so he has the winning pedigree you are looking for.'

Taylor Wallace (6-1, 200) is a punter from Jones County Community College Jackson (Miss.) Prep High School. "Taylor is one of the best punters we scouted during the off season,' Brown said. "He averaged over 42 yards per punt and would put the ball in the air with a lot of hang time. With the graduation of Patrick Ponder we needed immediate help at this position. Taylor's junior college coach thinks we are getting the best mid-year punter in the country.'

Raleigh Wood (6-2, 205) is a long snapper from East Mississippi Community College and Grenada (Miss.) High School. "Raleigh comes from a coaching family and has always been around football,' said Brown. "We had an immediate need at this positon because of the graduation of Austin McIntosh and Raleigh fills that spot. He is coming off a national championship with East Mississippi so he has been to the top. He has good pop with his snaps and is very accurate.'
Brown said his first signing class came together quickly and efficiently.