It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Props to the UCA Police
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 pm 
UserName Retired

Many times we see police arresting students for their behavior in public, some justifiably so, but other times the UCA police are there to assist students not making good choices. After reading about Altee Tenpenny getting arrested for drugs I thought I 'd see what our UCA police do on a daily basis by reading the Echo's police report. Surprisingly I discovered these stories:

Quote:
Nonstudent DeMarcus Johnson, 25, of De Witt was detained by officers after a fight at Bears Den on Sunday at about 2:05 a.m. When officers arrived, Johnson and a group of people were yelling at the Bears Den staff. Officers told Johnson to stop, and when he continued to yell at the staff, he was handcuffed and detained. After Johnson calmed down, he apologized for his behavior and was released with no charges filed.

Quote:
Student Jack Spradling, 24, of Conway and nonstudent James Tipton, 25, of Maumelle were drunk in public on Monday at about 2:17 a.m. While on patrol on campus, officers noticed Spradling and Tipton sitting in a car behind the Phi Sig house. They were speaking very loudly and their words were slurred. Officers smelled alcohol on them. When asked to step out of the car, officers noticed Spradling had trouble standing and needed the car for balance. He also had difficulty talking to the officer. Tipton was having similar problems. They both admitted to drinking at the Bears Den.They were both released into the care of a sober friend.

See more at: http://ucaecho.net/web/police/police-re ... qYDuF.dpuf

These few incidences show me that our UCA Police force isn't just there to enforce the law, but rather to help students in these situations. That makes me proud to know and support them! =D>

Post subject: Re: Props to the UCA Police
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:26 pm 
UserName Retired

Here's a funny one:

Quote:
Tyler Derrik Hobbs, 33, was banned from campus and cited for public intoxication when an officer saw him stumbling along the Pepsi Center at 1:44 a.m. The officer approached Hobbs, who almost fell while walking. Hobbs put both hands in the air and place them on top of the officer’s golf cart. The officer told Hobbs to put his hands down. Hobbs smelled of alcohol, was uncoordinated and had bloodshot, glassy eyes. Hobbs said he was going to sit down on the golf cart seat, and the officer told him not to, but Hobbs slid headfirst across the seat from the driver side and sat on the passenger side. The officer helped him off the seat and onto the curb. Hobbs was arrested for public intoxication. While being detained, Hobbs said he had a degree in criminology and asserted the arrest wasn’t legal. While the jail was trying to get Hobbs’ information, he stated his name was Willy Wonka.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
- See more at: http://ucaecho.net/featured/police-repo ... PBFdL.dpuf

Quote:
Nonstudent Justin Vandaveer, 24, of Conway was issued a citation for public intoxication. Officers responded to a report of a man passed out in his car near the stop sign at the intersection of Farris and Oaklawn. When the officer approached the car, Vandaveer got out. As the officer talked to him, he noticed that Vandaveer seemed very confused and that he smelled of alcohol. Vandaveer said his car was on the side of the road because he was waiting for it to start. Vandaveer was then taken to the station.

- See more at: http://ucaecho.net/web/police/police-re ... ODN7A.dpuf

Last edited by BearCountry on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Props to the UCA Police
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 pm 
UserName Retired

Does anyone else notice in those police reports that this crap happens at 2 in the morning? :lol:

My wife's grandfather said "nothing good happens at 2 in the morning".

Sage advice. =D>