It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friday Night Traditions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 pm 
All-Conference

Just going over a few traditions across the state.

http://www.arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/c ... ID=1117727

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Traditions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm 
Practice Squad

OMG, I might have a tear in my eye after that article. It is sooooooooo true. We live for football here in Blue Springs. I have a huge scrapbook and they have made us all very proud. Not because they made the play but because of the wonderful young men this wonderful sport must require for them to be. It is not easy doing what they do every day of their lives, 365 days a year to try and make that one play that would define a game. Love my "Boy of Fall".

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Traditions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Very nice article. Then there are places like Jordan Stadium in Pine Bluff (pronounced Jurden by the old timers) where some great battles have been played over the years between the Zebras and Central, Northside, El Dorado, Hall, Dollarway, the old PB Southeast and PB Merrill....where players like Don Hutson (Packers hall of honor), Paul Bryant, Gordon Norwood (QB of Parade Magazine #1 team in 1963/1964?), Jim Barnes, Bruce Maxwell, Dennis Swilley, Cleophus Miller, Billy Joe Releford, Mark Bradley, Basil Shabazz, Cliff Harris, and many other great players played at one time or another........many of the great coaches of Arkansas lore coached games there....home for many years of one of the great bandmasters in state history...Scrubby Watson....it may be in disrepair these days but the memories and ghosts are still there....