It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Greenhouse
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm 
All-Conference

I've been coming to Conway for awhile now. And I pass by the Papa John's at the corner of Bruce Street just about every time I'm there.
But this is a place I guess I have overlooked. I've spoken to a few of the UCA students, and they say they didn't know about this place either.
But I will definitely have to check it out the next time I'm there.
The following is an article from The Echo.

Cafe offers more than just coffee
By Anthony Byrnes - October 13th, 2010

Behind Papa John’s on Bruce Street sits an ordinary house, on an ordinary street, in an ordinary town. It is what takes place inside this house that makes it extraordinary.
Between the hours of 5 p.m. and 11 p.m., the Greenhouse turns from a place of dwelling to a cafe. Serving lattes, cappuccinos and other various coffee drinks, the Greenhouse’s quality is enough to make Starbucks cry.
With drinks ranging from $1 to $2.50, the prices alone should interest any college student.
The atmosphere is organic to say the least. Handmade furniture is scattered throughout the house along with handmade crafts that seem to tie everything in together. The Greenhouse is made up of several different rooms: the fireplace room, study room, TV room, dining room and front lounge, throw in Wi Fi and the Greenhouse becomes a college student’s safe haven.
The crowd that the Greenhouse brings in is much like the furniture that fills it, not a single piece is the same, but somehow everything and everyone meshes together. Feeling more like a family under one roof, the Greenhouse becomes a place of deep conversation, laughter and warmth.
Every Thursday night starting at 9 p.m. the Greenhouse kicks off pancake night. The best part — it’s free. Blueberry, strawberry and several other pancake flavors fill the stomachs of hungry college students.
On a typical Thursday night the Greenhouse has over a hundred people walk through their doors, filling the entire house and spilling into the backyard. With soccer goals, ping pong and foosball set up outside there are plenty of activities to keep their guests busy.
Junior Dawson Jones, one of the founders of the Greenhouse said: “If you really want to help somebody, then you want to build relationships.”
With a staff of people that serve because they want to, and are interested in everyone that walks in, the Greenhouse does just that. They are an organization whose mission is to help people find their way during a time when people are growing into who they will become.
If you’re looking for a place to grab a great cup of coffee and surround yourself with people who work for a higher purpose than themselves,then you want to check out the Greenhouse.