It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'M IN!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am 
Two-Time All-American

It has been stated that I need to post more positive things on how UCA support can grow, well here goes.

It seems any time money is mentioned on this thread there is very little response so I am going to lay it on the line. What this program needs right now is financial support for recruiting, facilities, etc. Recently the Purple Circle Club outlined their new awareness program they called the "I'm In" campaign. It has not gotten much coverage but I am going to try again.

As I have stated on this board before, there are more members of this board than there are PCC members. I realize some members of this board are supporters of other teams and we welcome them here. Regardless, the fact remains that of the folks in the stands every game a very small percentage really give $$$ to support UCA athletics. UCA sports are a bargain and we need all UCA fans/supporters to take a serious look at their level of support and see what they can do to be better fans. Yes attending games, student support, tailgating, etc. are all important but let's just concentrate on financial support on this thread.

I realize everyone can not give at the same level. I am 57 years old and my financial obligations (family, bills, etc) is not the same as some of you younger folks. I also realize I have been extremely blessed and my degree from UCA has contributed to getting me where I am greatly because the facts are I was dead broke when I graduated (in debt!!) and I came from a modest background. I do not expect everyone to give the same amount of dollars or even the same percentage of net income or net worth.

What I would like everyone to do is take a real look at their support of UCA athletics and do their very best to support it financially. So if you possibly can, at ANY level, give financially please contact the athletic department and join or if you honestly can not give the minimum level to join the PCC (this minimum level is going to be addressed for young alums per a previous suggestion on this board) please write a check to UCA athletics for what you can give. If you are already a member of the PCC or give otherwise to UCA athletics, please, please see if you can give more.

After you have done so, and you have given financially to UCA athletics make a simple two word post to this thread.....I'M IN.

I have been a member of the Purple Circle Club for some 30 years. My "plan" with regard to my membership over those years has been to give what I can and do my best to give more each year. I think, for the most part, I have accomplished this goal. Luckily, I have a wife who knows how much I love UCA and she has grown to be a real Bear fan even though she is a loyal UALR alum (she is in fact on the UALR alumni board). I probably have given more than I should have a few years but I am comfortable with what I have given. So here goes, I will shout it from the roof-tops in a POSITIVE voice....

I'M IN!!!

Post subject: Re: I'M IN!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 am 
UserName Retired

I'M IN!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:29 pm 
All-Conference

UCABEARS75 wrote:
It has been stated that I need to post more positive things on how UCA support can grow, well here goes.

It seems any time money is mentioned on this thread there is very little response so I am going to lay it on the line. What this program needs right now is financial support for recruiting, facilities, etc. Recently the Purple Circle Club outlined their new awareness program they called the "I'm In" campaign. It has not gotten much coverage but I am going to try again.

As I have stated on this board before, there are more members of this board than there are PCC members. I realize some members of this board are supporters of other teams and we welcome them here. Regardless, the fact remains that of the folks in the stands every game a very small percentage really give $$$ to support UCA athletics. UCA sports are a bargain and we need all UCA fans/supporters to take a serious look at their level of support and see what they can do to be better fans. Yes attending games, student support, tailgating, etc. are all important but let's just concentrate on financial support on this thread.

I realize everyone can not give at the same level. I am 57 years old and my financial obligations (family, bills, etc) is not the same as some of you younger folks. I also realize I have been extremely blessed and my degree from UCA has contributed to getting me where I am greatly because the facts are I was dead broke when I graduated (in debt!!) and I came from a modest background. I do not expect everyone to give the same amount of dollars or even the same percentage of net income or net worth.

What I would like everyone to do is take a real look at their support of UCA athletics and do their very best to support it financially. So if you possibly can, at ANY level, give financially please contact the athletic department and join or if you honestly can not give the minimum level to join the PCC (this minimum level is going to be addressed for young alums per a previous suggestion on this board) please write a check to UCA athletics for what you can give. If you are already a member of the PCC or give otherwise to UCA athletics, please, please see if you can give more.

After you have done so, and you have given financially to UCA athletics make a simple two word post to this thread.....I'M IN.

I have been a member of the Purple Circle Club for some 30 years. My "plan" with regard to my membership over those years has been to give what I can and do my best to give more each year. I think, for the most part, I have accomplished this goal. Luckily, I have a wife who knows how much I love UCA and she has grown to be a real Bear fan even though she is a loyal UALR alum (she is in fact on the UALR alumni board). I probably have given more than I should have a few years but I am comfortable with what I have given. So here goes, I will shout it from the roof-tops in a POSITIVE voice....

I'M IN!!!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME BEAR75 !!!!!! I'm IN !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Thanks Ida, I apologize if we have gotten off on the wrong foot.

I have been around a long time. I believe those who know me will tell you I am a very positive fan, I bleed Purple and Gray and I truly believe I am a good fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:14 pm 
All-Conference

Hey Bears75, I apologize if I came off to strong. We all want the same thing for this program,and that means we all need to pull together!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:16 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Idabearspappy wrote:
Hey Bears75, I apologize if I came off to strong. We all want the same thing for this program,and that means we all need to pull together!

=D> =D>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:13 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I have been in for over 10 years and I'm still in!!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 pm 
All-Conference

I'm a former Bear baseball player, therefore, I give $50 a month to the baseball program. I realize it isn't much but it adds up! Who else is in????

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 am 
Redshirt

I'M IN!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 am 
Two-Time All-American

foundingfather wrote:
I'm a former Bear baseball player, therefore, I give $50 a month to the baseball program. I realize it isn't much but it adds up! Who else is in????

Don't be so quick to say it isn't much.

If everyone who says they are Bear fans (or even 1,000-2,000 people) gave $600 per year to athletics we would be in very good shape.

That would be $600,000 to $1,200,000 which is way more than we are raising now in private INDIVIDUAL donations (not counting corporate $$$).

As I said, some can give more maybe some less. The key is get more people giving what they can, watch the program grow, and give more as your circumstances allow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:41 pm 
UserName Retired

I'm In and have been for a while. Try my best to give just a little more each year. Who knows, maybe one day you'll see my name on an engraved plate on a toilet stall in Estes Stadium. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Honey Bear wrote:
I'm In and have been for a while. Try my best to give just a little more each year. Who knows, maybe one day you'll see my name on an engraved plate on a toilet stall in Estes Stadium. :wink:

It's actually written with a marker and a phone number on the stall wall in there HB.. :lol:

Last edited by BearCountry on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

It's actually written with a marker on the stall wall in there HB..something about "for a good time" or something of that nature. :lol:

So thaaaattsss who that deal is about!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 am 
Team Captain

I'm IN because my wife attended UCA ( formaly SCA ) and my daughter attended UCA for 3 1/2 yrs. and finished her degree at UAMS. When my daughter made her choice of which University she wanted to attend, she came to me and said " Daddy you are a Bearbacker now." I was drafted into the UCA family and I've been happy ever since. I'm thankful for everyone's hospitality. Yes I'm a member of the Purple Circle, and I donate as much as my budget will allow me. By saying all this, IM IN !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Papabear wrote:
I'm IN because my wife attended UCA ( formaly SCA ) and my daughter attended UCA for 3 1/2 yrs. and finished her degree at UAMS. When my daughter made her choice of which University she wanted to attend, she came to me and said " Daddy you are a Bearbacker now." I was drafted into the UCA family and I've been happy ever since. I'm thankful for everyone's hospitality. Yes I'm a member of the Purple Circle, and I donate as much as my budget will allow me. By saying all this, IM IN !

Darn right Papa