It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A How-to Guide
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

First, you need to determine what your screen resolution is. To do this, go to your desktop -> right-click in an open area -> select properties -> select settings. Your screen resolution should be about 1/2 way down on the left.
Examples are: 1280x800, 1280x768, 1024x768, 800x600. Do not close the properties window at this point.

After you've made a mental note of what your resolution is, find that listing (or the one closest to it) in the thread. Right-click the link. Choose Save-As, and save it to a directory where you store your images (example My Pictures).

Return back to your properties window, and select Desktop. Click the Browse button, and navigate to the folder that stores your wallpaper. Click the image name, and select OK. You can then choose to stretch or center, depending if the image matches your resolution. You can choose "Apply" to view the wallpaper temporarily. Once you have it selected the way you want it, click OK.

I did this from memory, so I'm not positive that those are all the steps, but it should be close.