It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: UCA @ SMU
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Not that comparative scoring is really worth much, but SMU beat Lamar by 32. So that at least sounds like a positive sign.

What is a positive sign was our 3-point shooting today. 12-25, 48 percent - not bad. You can win games with that. Only one less steal (10) than turnovers (11), also not bad.

The two guys who did all the damage for the Mustangs were 6-9 and 6-8. Tadre is just getting healthy, and there's not much depth there. Hopefully Tidwell will be able to help out with that when he gets eligible at semester. Games like these are when you wish JaDarius Davis would've shown up instead of being a backstabbing POS. He might could've made a difference.

Dia and Nyakundi combine to go 17-29 (58.7 percent). The rest of the Mustangs hit just 10 shots, so they were kept decently in check.

Damn fine effort. Getting there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:10 pm 
Two-Time All-American

And I see Trey beat me to the punch on a couple of those things. I need to learn to type faster.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 pm 
All-Conference

It was great hearing Tadre's name for the first time this season. Having him back is huge for us! TK Smith has been playing well the last couple of games. I like the fact we are plugging in about 10 guys a game and giving people some rest. It is going to be valuable to have that especially down the road. I feel so confident that everything is going to be fine this year. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Team Captain

They played hard but must play smarter down the road. If this team can grow together,we will win our share in the conference, if not, we'll probably fall apart. Lets hope the team can bond and the chemistry brew up some excitement for the season.