It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Battle of The Bears
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

TNMSUFAN wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:
60 million for an arena. That seems a little high. Don't think the Jack Stephens center at UALR cost near that much did it? I thought it was in the mid 20 million range

I went to our game at UALR last year and Jack Stephens is a very nice smaller arena but not on the same level as JQH. JQH seats more in the lower bowl (6054) than Jack Stephens holds (5600) and overall JQH is an 11,000 seat arena with 22 luxury boxes plus club level seating. Apples and oranges but again UALR's gym was really nice.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Thanks for the info TNMSUFAN, didn't realize your arena was that large. It looks
really impressive and I know the MSU fans are really proud of it. Good luck to
the Bears the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:17 pm 
Redshirt

Honey Bear wrote:
Quote:
TNMSUFAN

Where exactly did yall get that much money for a basketball court other than the half King Midas donated?

I believe the plan is to issue bonds that will eventually be paid off by a combination of private donations and arena revenue. We are starting to get some good events in there and both basketball teams make money. Getting more good concerts/events is the key because just about everything we get in there sells out...just haven't booked enough big gigs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 pm 
Redshirt

FOOT84 wrote:
Thanks for the info TNMSUFAN, didn't realize your arena was that large. It looks really impressive and I know the MSU fans are really proud of it. Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way.

Thank you! There is actually shell space to expand it by 1500 more seats but that is down the road a ways probably after we get it paid for.

Coach Williams will get you guys headed the right direction. He will get you players and it will just take a little time to get his guys in place.