It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bears vs. Sumbitches
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Tonight, in approximately an hour, UCA takes on Lyon College out of beautiful Batesville, Arkansas. Batesville is also the hometown of Mark Martin, former Bear Mitch Rueter, current Sugar Bear Marci Moffitt, and former Bear/current Louisville head football coach Charlie Strong. Strong's Cardinals will also be on display this evening, taking on Southern Miss in the Beef O' Brady's 2 for 1 Appetizer Bowl. That game can be seen on one of the ESPNs.

Batesville was the other finalist to land the University of Arkansas back in 1871. It lost out to Fayetteville, and had to settle for what is now Lyon. Ryan Mallett, who also went to Fayetteville, was born in Batesville. No statue has been erected. yet.

The Scots have 19 players on their roster, 14 from Arkansas – including towns such as Greenland, Gosnell, Sheridan, Concord, Mountain Home, Mountain View and Pea Ridge.

They scored a monumental 84-81 win over Williams Baptist, which has a billboard in Little Rock. Or maybe it's North Little Rock. Whatever. Freshman Kip Kelly scored 16 in that one. He should not repeat that feat tonight.

Admission is free. So is listening on the radio. Bringing your radio to the arena is encouraged. Game tips at 7 p.m. Broadcast brought to you on 91.3 FM The Bear by the bourbon-infused vocal chords of Montrevious P. Rowell III beginning at 6:45. Hay to be put in the barn at approximately 7:12. First 100 fans might be able to get their radios signed by Mr. Rowell.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Post subject: Re: Bears vs. Sumbitches
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:50 am 
UserName Retired

Not a lot to discuss since this is 15 hours later, but that was well-written goodness.

I feel bad about neglecting basketball season and the site thus far. Once I get a project completed (deadline 12/31), I will hopefully get back to having some free time.

Until then, all I've really done is keep up with final scores. Is anyone who's seen them play ready to make a prediction on the number of SLC wins?

Post subject: Re: Bears vs. Sumbitches
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:14 am 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
Not a lot to discuss since this is 15 hours later, but that was well-written goodness.

I feel bad about neglecting basketball season and the site thus far. Once I get a project completed (deadline 12/31), I will hopefully get back to having some free time.

Until then, all I've really done is keep up with final scores. Is anyone who's seen them play ready to make a prediction on the number of SLC wins?

I think we will get better as the season progresses and the players become somewhat acustomed to the new style of play.

The conference is not very good as a whole so I will go out there and predict one more win than last year's 3.

Conference prediction 4 wins.