It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sr. Night vs TAMCC 3/5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 pm 
Redshirt

So I went to watch the last Bears game of the season - which also is Senior Night - and was stunned to see that the game isn't live on the web. Since I live way out of state I can't be there in person, but catch every web game I'm able. There's also no pre-game story about the men's game or Senior Night on the UCA Sports site. I realize that this season hasn't worked like everyone had hoped, but man, talk about no respect from the school.

I expected better from Dr. Teague, Mr. East and Coach Williamson.

So here's a shout out for all the seniors. I've enjoyed watching you play during your time at UCA. Best of everything in the future.

Go Bears!

Post subject: Re: Sr. Night vs TAMCC 3/5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:02 pm 
Two-Time All-American

There is a home baseball double header going on also and there is no audio so I assume they are doing video for baseball and audio for basketball.

Bears came ready to play today and got off to a very hot start leading by 14 at one time. At half Bears lead 37-36 shooting 42% for field and 44% from 3. Qahwash has 10/3 at half to lead scoring....Tidwell has 8 and Sheppard 7.

Absolutely a big shoutout to our seniors....they have been the transition guys and have played the toughest schedules in UCA history....wish they were going out with a trip to the tourrney but not to be...they can walk away after today with their heads high.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:33 pm 
Two-Time All-American

TAMCC comes back to take a 13 point lead (27 point swing in game) then Bears closed to 63-61 but lost the last two minutes....awfully cold (1st FG in 2nd at 12:29 to go and 2nd FG was at about 8 minutes) after half but never gave up...

RRs win 76-69...

Ryan Williams was scoreless in 1st half and ended with 11, most in about a 5 minute stretch late in game.....Mark Rutledge went 10/6...see seniors below

Some stats for TAM and UCA:
FGs: 25-49= 51% and 25-66=38%
3s: 7-20=35% and 5-19=26%
FTs: 19-27=70% and 14-19=74%
Rebs: 6/29=35 and 13/20=33
A: 16 and 12
TOs: 21 and 17

Coach: Emotions and adrenalin high at start and got out to 14 point lead...TAMCC hung in and found a way to win....we came out with lots of focus and energy...did not have enough in tank to finish....words cannot describe the scoring drought in 2nd half....Williams has shown ability to score....looking to sign 6 in total....guys have grown and learned to play hard and the right way..done all we have asked them to do.... thanks to all our fans who have come out to support us....

Seniors:
Mike Pouncy 6/4
Jacquan McClinton 1/0
TK Smith 5/1
Imad Qahwash 12/4
Tadre Sheppard 16/7
Carlos Dos Santos 0/4

Over 2000 attendance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 pm 
UserName Retired

Bears’ loss in finale reflects warts of season

Quote:
Just when things seemed to turn sweet for the University of Central Arkansas Bears during a bitter season, sour happened.

On Senior Day at the Farris Center, the Bears were intense and sharp for the first 12:20 in building a 32-18 lead. Then, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, another struggling team ending its season, outscored the Bears 30-8 over the next 13 minutes that extended into the second half.

But at the end, Williamson took the microphone went to midcourt and thanked the 2,231 spectators for attending the game, asking the players to give the crowd a round of applause.

“We are Central Arkansas basketball, and we are very proud,” he said.

“I had to thank the fans for coming out and sticking by us,” Williamson said later. “They kept us going, and meant a lot in the comeback. They meant a lot to the team in a season like this.”