It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coaching search
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am 
Redshirt

Are we going to look for a coach or are we going to continue to suck in men's basketball? This University seems to put zero resources into building a program. I can understand not being competitive with the money games in the non conference, but a school the size of UCA should NEVER be a cellar dweller in our conference, it is totally inexcusable!

Post subject: Re: Coaching search
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm 
All-American

Isn't the current coach just filling in for the season because our Williamson left to close to the season starting. But I agree our Men's basketball has been an embarrassment. We have a couple decent players that could be great with the right coaching.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:05 pm 
UserName Retired

I think given the timing, he was given the opportunity to win the job this season. We will see what happens after this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Joe Foley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Roflmao "win the job"???

He can't even win a game! Fire him tomorrow morning and promote an assistant. They HONESTLY couldn't do any worse! What a freakin joke.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:03 am 
All-American

Purple Pride wrote:
Roflmao "win the job"???

He can't even win a game! Fire him tomorrow morning and promote an assistant. They HONESTLY couldn't do any worse! What a freakin joke.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Come on Brad its time to let this guy go!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:22 pm 
UserName Retired

While I can understand the frustration, Coach is in a tough situation in the way this happened.... I am pretty sure he is a far better basketball coach than the record shows.... I have not seen the Bears give up yet...even when they were being pounded inside at Texas Tech they kept scrapping....no doubt Brad is evaluating the situation.....let's just support the Bears ......and yes he was named "interim" head coach.....

Coach Finley's Background

Finley has coached basketball on the high school, AAU, collegiate and semi-professional level. He is well known around the central Arkansas area as a high school, college and AAU coach. He coached previously at Little Rock Parkview, Little Rock Hall and Little Rock Central, as well as served as an assistant under three different coaches at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.....In August 1991, Finley began a nine-year association with UALR, a member of the Sun Belt Conference. He served as an assistant coach under Wimp Sanderson, where the Trojans won a Sun Belt title and made an appearance in the NIT in 1995-96. He also coached under Jim Platt and Sidney Moncrief at UALR....Finley also won an AAU national championship and was twice a national runnerup as a coach for a team that featured Williamson. Finley has also worked with several NBA players individualized off-season workouts.