It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rank The Best Volleyball Team Since Going D1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm 
Redshirt

They where all good teams but here are my picks...Feel Free to comment and rank yours...
1. 2010- Chloe Smith, Jessie Hays, Marissa Collins, Cristin Curl, Chloe Evans, Taylor Hammonds, Jessica Nagy
2. 2009- Chloe Smith, Jessie Hays, Ameica Williams, Robin Smith, Cristin Curl, Chloe Evans, Everee Franklin, Taylor Hammonds
3. 2012- Jessie Hays, Heather Schnars, Marissa Collins, Jessica Nagy, Shelbee Barringer, Beth Roger Taylor Hammonds, Alicia Dittirch
4. 2013- Heather Schnars, Scout Brooks, Marissa Collins, Jessica Nagy, Shelbee Barringer, Beth Rogers, Paige Gantar, Alicia Dittrich, Fulani Pettis
5. 2011- Jessie Hays-hurt-, Scout Brooks, Cristin Curl, Jessica Nagy, Lindsey Barron, Taylor Hammonds, Alicia Dittrich

Remember...Texas State, UTSA, and UTA left the Southland after the 2011 season and both of those teams made the NCAA Tourney this year Soooo here we go...

Post subject: Re: Rank The Best Volleyball Team Since Going D1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:58 pm 
All-Conference

I think I'd switch 1&2.

2009 team had Chloe S & Robyn and Cristin each at the top of her game (Player, Setter and Libero of the Year, respectively) and Evaree provided a leadership spark and middle presence that was noticeably absent in 2010. While Jessie was probably stronger in 2010, I think losing Amicha offset that since the team didn't have a second outside that was always solid and could be relied upon for production both offensively and defensively.

2010 had a lot of freshmen in key roles and that can be challenging. I think if the 2009 team could've gone to the Southland tournament, they would have rolled through.

Last edited by VolleyBear on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rank The Best Volleyball Team Since Going D1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm 
Redshirt

Very good point, a lot of leadership on that 09 team....Everee Franklin was a beast in the middle, I didnt mean to discount her abilites and they had great role players....that was a monster team. No question, but no doubt...2009 and 2010 are the best 2 teams of the D1 era so far