It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice run, UCA!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:30 pm 
Redshirt

Mississippi State Alum and Conway resident. Heck of a season for y'all I certainly do not want to see UCA in The Dude for quite awhile. Y'all really have something going and can build off it. Here's to seeing y'all become the best baseball team in the state!

Post subject: Re: Nice run, UCA!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:35 pm 
UserName Retired

Thanks! =D>

The move to division I has had a ton of success but baseball has had its struggles. I fear if coach continues to put out teams like that we may not have him much longer. :lol:

Good luck to the Bulldogs against Va.... a very tough team to beat.

Saw a ton of photos of your tailgate areas along the fence...amazing! UCA has room for something like that but I'm sure city building codes would stop it from happening! Must be a different law in Miss! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:
Saw a ton of photos of your tailgate areas along the fence...amazing! UCA has room for something like that but I'm sure city building codes would stop it from happening! Must be a different law in Miss! :lol:

You should have seen it before they were picky about what goes out there! I missed WAY too many Spring classes sitting out in the Lounge. There's no other place like it in the country.

And if y'all can hold on to Gum a couple of seasons, even if he bolts, he will have proven what can be done at UCA - that's worth alot building towards the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 pm 
UserName Retired

Thanks!

BearCountry, it's not the building codes, it's the old people in the nearby nursing home! They don't like all the loud noises! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 pm 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
Thanks!

BearCountry, it's not the building codes, it's the old people in the nearby nursing home! They don't like all the loud noises! :lol:

Hey, I drive by that nursing home in the morning...they make some pretty loud noises themselves in the mornings... :shock: But I bet HB would elaborate more on that... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:58 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
I fear if coach continues to put out teams like that we may not have him much longer.

You better start sweating then. Heard the word that he has a couple of apps in at a couple of schools.

Quote:
HB would elaborate more on that

Noise grunts early in the morning come from one of two things in the home. I know what causes mine but not sure about the studs and cougars around me. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:18 am 
Two-Time All-American

I hope we can keep Gum around for a long time but can understand if another great opportunity comes his way.

I know from watching this guy for years from what he did building a program from the ground up and competing almost immediately at Lyon College that UCA Associate Head Coach Kirk Kelley would make a fine candidate as head coach.

http://www.ucasports.com/coaches.aspx?r ... h=baseball