It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 am 
UserName Retired

Another week another TJ touchdown:
LINK
Quote:
"We just let it slip away," said cornerback Tristan Jackson. "Just boneheaded mistakes by us. The last one they caught, that was all on me.

"I've got to make up for that."

The loss, combined with Perry's injury, took the shine off a dazzling 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Jackson, his third trip to the end zone in the last two games.

"I ain't nothing special," Jackson said. "I've just got great blockers. They make the hole for me, and I just hit it and run."

Jackson's touchdown gave the Eskimos a commanding 20-7 lead midway through the second quarter. But the Argos crawled back

Other quotes from different sources:
Quote:
Eskimos rookie Tristan Jackson continued to dominate the Argos on special teams and defence - until they stopped kicking the ball to him.

Quote:
The loss tarnished Tristan Jackson's 94-yard kickoff return for Edmonton in the first half.
Jackson barely missed burning Toronto early in the first when he took Vanderjagt's errant 43-yard field goal try - his first miss in seven attempts - and returned it 64 yards.

Quote:
Eskimos rookie Tristan Jackson continued to dominate the Argos on special teams and defence - until they stopped kicking the ball to him.

Edmonton Eskimos defensive back Tristan Jackson (R) knocks down a pass in front of Toronto Argonauts wide receiver Tyler Scott during the first half of their CFL football game in Toronto, July 20, 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 am 
UserName Retired

Tristan Jackson Nickname Poll from eskfans.com

38 Special ----------- 22 ----------- 51.16%
Trizmo ----------- 13 ----------- 30.23%
Other ----------- 6 ----------- 13.95%
Primetime ----------- 2 ----------- 4.65%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm 
UserName Retired

If he keeps playing like he has been they better start calling him "NFL". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
Tristan Jackson Nickname Poll from eskfans.com

38 Special ----------- 22 ----------- 51.16%
Trizmo ----------- 13 ----------- 30.23%
Other ----------- 6 ----------- 13.95%
Primetime ----------- 2 ----------- 4.65%

"Yeah..Tristan is special.."--HDN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:40 pm 
UserName Retired

More quotes pulled from different sources----

Quote:
Defensive back and kick returner Tristan Jackson, as exciting a player as the league's seen this season, already has the touchdown trifecta: one on a punt return, a kick return and an interception return.

Quote:
- HE'S COOL AND HOT: After scoring return touchdowns in back-to-back games - and garnering his second consecutive CFL special teams player of the week honour yesterday - the Edmonton Eskimos' Tristan Jackson is getting more media attention on the road trip than Ricky Ray. But his upbringing from his Mississippi family - mom is a caretaker of older disabled people while dad has a car dealership - has made him humble.

Quote:
Star kick returners are often stereotyped as me-first players who love the spotlight, love to talk and are as renowned for their end-zone celebrations as they are for what gets them there.

Not Tristan Jackson of the Edmonton Eskimos. Not by a long shot.

Jackson, the CFL's breakout star early this season, just might be the most polite, understated and unselfish football player on the planet.

LINK TO THAT LAST ONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:24 pm 
UserName Retired

Reckon me and Mrs. H could adopt this kid. I sure would be one proud Papa. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:15 pm 
UserName Retired

Jackson's Feeling the love

Quote:
Clint Conque has been receiving Tristan Jackson updates from Edmonton Eskimo fans.

In a true story, Conque - the head football coach at the University of Central Arkansas - is receiving emails from fans regarding his former player.

But maybe Green and Gold supporters should be sending thank-you notes to Conque because he played a role - along with a couple of other coaches - in encouraging Jackson to join the Edmonton Eskimos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:11 pm 
UserName Retired

Things didn't go so well for TJ this week:

Quote:
Adding to the special teams follies [a punt was blocked earlier], returner Tristan Jackson dropped the ball on a punt return in the second quarter.
Handing the Lions field position in enemy territory, the Esks watched Jason Clermont score another major on a 19-yard pass.

Quote:
The third quarter continued to be a disaster for Tristan Jackson. In his worst performance as an Eskimo, Jackson decided to run out of the end zone on a missed field goal but fumbled the ball on the four-yard line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:28 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
Things didn't go so well for TJ this week:

Quote:
Adding to the special teams follies [a punt was blocked earlier], returner Tristan Jackson dropped the ball on a punt return in the second quarter.
Handing the Lions field position in enemy territory, the Esks watched Jason Clermont score another major on a 19-yard pass.

Quote:
The third quarter continued to be a disaster for Tristan Jackson. In his worst performance as an Eskimo, Jackson decided to run out of the end zone on a missed field goal but fumbled the ball on the four-yard line.

Even the best have bad games!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm 
UserName Retired

Well, TriJack had to give one team a good day sometime in his career!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:57 pm 
UserName Retired

What's the scoop on TJ? Haven't seen anything lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:27 am 
UserName Retired

a story on rookie of the year contenders...
Quote:
The Edmonton Eskimos have defensive back Tristan Jackson, who is also among the league's elite returners. Jackson is eighth on the combined yards list with 1,265 yards. Jackson has also scored touchdowns on interception, punt and kickoff returns.

Stats (CFL ranking in parenthesis):
Kickoff returns: 24-540; 23.8 average (T-4)
Punt Returns: 52-594; 11.4 avg (3rd)
Missed FG Returns: 3-122; 40.7 avg (1st)
Fumbles/Lost: 3-1
Leads team in All Purpose yards: 1286
Tackles: 10
Forced Fumbles: 1
Interceptions: 1
Pass Knock Downs: 4

His numbers have dropped a bit from the start of the season, but that was to be expected since they were so high. The CFL rankings above don't count those with only 1 or 2 returns. The rankings are based on the averages. There are some teams that have guys with 45 kickoff returns. So the total yardage is obviously lopsided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:16 am 
Two-Time All-American

Pretty productive rookie season so far...congrats to TJ .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:14 am 
UserName Retired

Jackson ready to bring back the action

Quote:
When Tristan Jackson returned two kicks -- one a punt, one a kickoff -- for touchdowns earlier this season, Edmonton Eskimos fans and management began to think a replacement for Henry (Gizmo) Williams had finally been found.

The 22-year-old out of Central Arkansas University was giving the Eskimos good field position on most kickoffs and punts, and life was a lot easier for the Edmonton offence.

But then things cooled off and now the special teams, including the kick return unit, have become a source of concern.

Jackson, who missed one game last month with a twisted ankle, acknowledged that he's the guy who has to get the returns back on track.

"I know I need to pick it up," he said Wednesday. "The guys up front are making great blocks. I just have to catch the ball, see the hole and hit it. The hole has been there and I've been missing it, so it's just been me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 am 
Starter

Is that our new name- CAU? hahah get it right! Way to go TJ-38 Special. hahah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next