All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scottie Pippen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/061407/spo_0614070023.shtml

Pippen has meteoric rise from manager to NBA great

By DAVID GRIMES
Special to The Log Cabin

(EDITOR'S NOTE: This is another in a series by Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame director David Grimes about Faulkner County connections to inductees into the hall):

AScottie Pippen was inducted into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame in 2005 along with Scott Hastings, Cortez Kennedy, Bud Brooks, J.P. Lovelady, Mickey O'Quinn, Hal Smith, Doyne and Nancy Williams, Maurice Carthon, Carl Sawatski and University of Central Arkansas great Terri Conder Johnson.

Pippen was born in 1965, the youngest of 12 children in Hamburg and came to UCA as a 6-foot-1 walk-on manager under ASHOF coach Don Dyer. Many know the story of how he grew to a 6-7 in two years, became an NAIA All-American and a first-round NBA draft pick in 1987...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:32 pm 
UserName Retired

Is still playing ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:35 pm 
All-American

treyuca wrote:

I had heard before Christmas that he had played an exhibition game overseas . Did not hear any details.

You will recalled he showed up last year the week of the NBA All Star game in Las Vegas wanting to hook up with a team for the remainder of the season, but there were no takers.

Post subject: Scottie Pippen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm 
Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMfMP_OXX4

Post subject: Scottie Pippen: Retirement of #33
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Scottie will be on hand 1/20 (vs Nicholls State, 7pm) for the ceremony to retire #33 at half time and other events. Steve East announced frst 1000 get a special Scottie Pippen tee shirt.

Let's make sure the FC is filled to show Scottie our appreciation for his accomplishments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:12 pm 
UserName Retired

Awesome! I guess they will be taking down the curtains for that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:01 am 
All-Conference

I will be there early! This is one of those nights you can't missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

He IS going to be there right? If so, why would the LCD print/post this at the bottom of the story?

http://thecabin.net/news/local/2010-01-12/uca-retire-pippens-jersey

Quote:
UCA to retire Pippen's jersey
Posted: January 12, 2010 - 11:15am

The University of Central Arkansas will retire Scottie Pippen's jersey in a halftime ceremony Jan. 20 at the home basketball game against Nicholls State.

Pippen joined the Bears as a walk-on manager, and he went on to become an NAIA All-American in 1986 and 1987 before being drafted No. 5 in the '87 NBA draft. With the Chicago Bulls, Pippen helped win six NBA championships. Pippen retired from the NBA in 2005.

Pippen is a native of Hamburg. A source told the Log Cabin that Pippen will attend the ceremony, but that hasn't been confirmed.

EDIT:
That was awful nice of them to change their story a few hours later to now read:
Quote:
Pippen is a native of Hamburg. UCA officials say Pippen has committed to attend the ceremony and only "extraordinary circumstances" will prevent him from attending.

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=6&article=3460

UCA TO RETIRE PIPPEN'S JERSEY
MEN'S BASKETBALL • Jan 12, 2010

CONWAY, Ark _ University of Central Arkansas legend Scottie Pippen won’t be suiting up when he returns to the Farris Center on Wednesday, Jan. 20, but he will have a jersey.

UCA’s most recognized alumnus will have his No. 33 jersey retired in the Farris Center in a halftime ceremony during the UCA-Nicholls men’s basketball game.

Pippen was a two-time NAIA All-American at UCA (1986, 1987) and a six-time NBA champion with the Chicago Bulls. He was part of the original Dream Team that dominated the 1992 Summer Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain, and also played on the Dream Team II in 1996 in Atlanta...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:36 pm 
UserName Retired

McCollum's Column: Appetizers — McGwire, Pippen and SLC scheduling quirks

Quote:
PIPPEN NIGHT

The last great honor the University of Central Arkansas can bestow on Scottie Pippen is to retire his jersey.

That will be done Wednesday, Jan. 20,, and Matt Jordan, the marketing director for UCA athletics, has spearheaded the development of several elements that will add to the ceremony.

Mailouts have been sent to the classes of 1983-89, encompassing individuals who were at UCA when Pippen played. The first 1,000 fans will receive free Scottie Pippen T-shirts. UCA is also participating in the NCAA’s Take a Kid to the Game promotion, with all youngsters 14-and-under admitted free. The first 300 youngsters will receive a free NCAA growth poster. There will also be 1,500 free commemorative programs for the game.

There will be free prizes and promotions from sponsors such as Smokehouse and Best Buy.

UCA officials expect to pull up the curtains at the Farris Center that have provided for more limited fan seating.

Great hire!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:49 pm 
Redshirt

Why dont all you fans show up for all the games...other than Pippen night..the boys on the floor sure do need your support right now...Congrats. to Mr. Pippen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm 
UserName Retired

Hotch wrote:
Why dont all you fans show up for all the games...other than Pippen night..the boys on the floor sure do need your support right now...Congrats. to Mr. Pippen.

Quite an assumption you made there. How do you know they don't? Besides that, the problem isn't with the fans or the players. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

back to Pippen a bit...

http://thecabin.net/news/2010-01-16/mccollums-column-memories-pippen-uca-flows-segments

McCollum's Column: Memories of Pippen at UCA flows in segments
Posted: January 16, 2010 - 10:22pm
By David McCollum

Like Elvis, I think of Scottie Pippen in stages.

Pippen has many stages, many that I have witnessed firsthand.

There’s the plain, non-descript manager stage.

Because of injuries and attrition to Don Dyer’s team, there’s the scrawny little manager-turned-player stage in which many of us wondered if he could ever learn an inbounds pass...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 pm 
UserName Retired

Central Arkansas jersey retirement one of Pippen's highest honors

Quote:
This week is a big week for me, as the University of Central Arkansas will retire my No. 33 jersey on Wednesday during a halftime ceremony. It’s going to be a very special night for me. It’s long overdue as they’ve reached out to get be back several times prior to this, but either I was still playing or it didn’t work out for whatever reason. My old coach, Don Dyer, who had coached there for so many years, retired a few seasons ago and we’ve long talked about the ceremony. It’s just a great situation to be able to go back and see so many people I was fortunate to be involved with and celebrate the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 am 
Practice Squad

The Purple Rage will be there........well most of us. Kinda got asked last minute but I know I wouldn't miss this!