It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Markell Carter's Draft Potential
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:15 pm 
UserName Retired

Idabearspappy wrote:
Otherwise,stop whining about the lack of attention to UCA sports.

Idabearspappy wrote:
The lack of exposure the ADG gives Bears' sports is shameful. It is like if your initials don't start with UA, then we will bury your story (if they print it at all) as deep in the small print columns as they can.

Your own words..in this very thread. [-X Sounds like whining to me. Hope you wrote to the ADG, AS360, Russellville Courier, Jacksonville Patriot..and on and on... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Markell Carter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:59 am 
UserName Retired

It's been a pretty good week for Markell Carter.
First, he was again named a practice player of the week for the Patriots for the third consecutive time (only given after wins, so nobody was given the special jersey the last three weeks).

And now, it's announced that [urlhttp://www.patspulpit.com/2011/11/17/2568677/report-patriots-increase-pay-of-select-practice-squad-players]he's getting a raise[/url].
Quote:
According to NFLPA documents, defensive end Markell Carter and offensive linemen Nick McDonald and Matt Kopa, three players who have been on the practice squad since the start of the 2011 season, are now being paid at a $149,940 rate, or $8,820 per week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm 
UserName Retired

Good to hear Markell still with Pats and getting attention. Hope him all the best and hope to see him on the field soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Patriots Rookie Markell Carter Draws Inspiration From Sister Battling Lupus

Quote:
When Keyarrie Hudson, the 20-year-old sister of Patriots defensive end Markell Carter, goes to sleep at night, she doesn't know if she'll be able to wake up and move around the next morning.

When Carter wakes up, he makes sure to brush aside his aches and pains while drawing on his baby sister for inspiration. The two have been close forever, and Carter has always wanted to make it big to support her. In the past year, that desire has been taken to the next level. . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Wonderful story...thanks for posting it Trey.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am 
UserName Retired

Thursday Morning 3rd and Long

Quote:
Mike Reiss beat me to it this week, but expect Markell Carter to be a name that you should know next season. I doubt that he'll be added to the roster later this season, but it's very telling that the Patriots' have kept him under wraps and shied away from making any roster transactions involving the sixth round pick. From Reiss's notes, Carter has gained 10-15 lbs this season and is filling into his massive frame. He has frequently been given a black jersey for practice squad player of the week, which means that New England is impressed with his contribution to scout teams (most likely mimicking the last few sets of dangerous defensive ends the Patriots have faced). If you have never seen Markell in action, definitely YouTube his highlights at some point. He was raw coming out of college, with limited repetitions in the defensive end role, but still seemed to completely dominate the line of scrimmage. With added weight, and a great core of defensive lineman to look up to, I'm very excited for Carter's eventual contributions to this team.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am 
Two-Time All-American

Awesome stuff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm 
UserName Retired

Most of the media (and maybe even Markell himself) thought he was going to get his first shot at playing on Sundays this week after the Patriots put an OLB/DE on IR. But, it looks like the Pats have just brought in someone else instead of giving Markell his chance.

Another report I'd read earlier this week said that other teams had come after Markell but that he'd opted to stay in New England. He's making a name for himself. I thought he might get his shot before the end of the season, but it's looking doubtful now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm 
UserName Retired

Big raise for Markell Carter

Quote:
Practice squad defensive end/outside linebacker Markell Carter had his practice squad salary doubled by the Patriots. Carter, the sixth-round draft choice from Central Arkansas who was making $149,000, is now on the books for $306,000.

There was another injury to a Patriots DE (the other Carter) this weekend, so it could be another chance for Markell to get move up to the active roster.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
Big raise for Markell Carter

Quote:
Practice squad defensive end/outside linebacker Markell Carter had his practice squad salary doubled by the Patriots. Carter, the sixth-round draft choice from Central Arkansas who was making $149,000, is now on the books for $306,000.

There was another injury to a Patriots DE (the other Carter) this weekend, so it could be another chance for Markell to get move up to the active roster.

Great news about Markell.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:46 pm 
UserName Retired

So, it looks like the Pats kept Markell off the active roster because cutting him back to the practice squad after that would mean any other team could claim him off waivers. If he stayed on the practice squad other teams could come after him, but he apparently had chosen before to stay in New England.

Anyway, the regular season is over and the Pats finished with 13 wins. So, there were 13 weeks that a pratice squad guy could be a Practice PotW. Guess who got to wear the black jersey more than any other player:
Markell Carter tops practice rankings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm 
UserName Retired

Good job to MC...always a hard worker...getting your pay doubled is not bad either...hope to see on the field for the Pats next season....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 am 
Two-Time All-American

It is nice to see Markell doing well. He was a great player for the BEARS.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 am 
UserName Retired

Tom Brady's UGG Endorsement Pays Off For Pats Reserve On Super Bowl Media Day

Quote:
The stars get podiums. Other key players get stadium seating.

The rest of the team does not get to recline at Super Bowl Media Day. Role players, reserves and practice squad members are all expected to stand and talk to media for their team's hour-plus time slot.

Patriots practice squad linebacker Markell Carter devised a plan to overcome these horrid circumstances. When he woke up Tuesday morning, he slipped on a pair of UGGs.

"I got to walk around for about an hour and a half, two hours," Carter said. "I got to talk. I got to do all this. I got to at least have my feet comfortable."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
Tom Brady's UGG Endorsement Pays Off For Pats Reserve On Super Bowl Media Day

Quote:
The stars get podiums. Other key players get stadium seating.

The rest of the team does not get to recline at Super Bowl Media Day. Role players, reserves and practice squad members are all expected to stand and talk to media for their team's hour-plus time slot.

Patriots practice squad linebacker Markell Carter devised a plan to overcome these horrid circumstances. When he woke up Tuesday morning, he slipped on a pair of UGGs.

"I got to walk around for about an hour and a half, two hours," Carter said. "I got to talk. I got to do all this. I got to at least have my feet comfortable."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next