It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monte Coleman
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:53 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Coleman, flanked by his Hall of Fame head coach Joe Gibbs and family members, stood at midfield raising his arms to the crowd, the culmination of 16 years of service to the Redskins, now remembered forever as a member of the Redskins Ring of Fame.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Monte-Coleman-Inducted-Into-Redskins-Ring-Of-Fame/d3063f0c-35e2-4f96-85e3-1214f82ad8ef

Post subject: Re: Monte Coleman
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:49 pm 
All-Conference

I was fortunate enough to be on the field at Estes Stadium for Monte's first practice and will never forget my initial thought, "this has to be the finest athlete I've ever seen". Monte had instincts, fluidity, speed, intelligence and natural ability. In addition, he was a hard worker. When we got access to some of the new nautilus weight lifting equipment, Monte started the strength discipline that that resulted in his nickname of "Superman" with the Redskins. Beyond that, he was an excellent teammate, led Bible studies, and was friends with everyone. Of course, he was instrumental in the great success of the 1976 Bears. Finally, this dad became a hero in 1992 when my small boys opened the mail and received two signed TOP football cards from our favorite NFL player. Thanks, Monte.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Congrats to Monte........of course, he has all those qualities you mention as he is also a PB Zebra.............I think I watched every NFL game on TV that he played..........friends in DC say they well remember Monte...............thanks for being a Bear..............

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:07 am 
UserName Retired

I have a friend in NLR who has been a Redskins fan since birth. He loved watching Monte and that crew play. He called me the other day and said, "MONTE WENT TO UCA???!!!!!! How in the world did I not know that?!" I told him it was alright he only had two decades to know that.. :lol:

He promised to come to a UCA game in honor of Monte. I warned him he might get addicted. =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:46 pm 
UserName Retired

If you like football and come see a Bears game on The Stripes and not get addicted I would suggest you may not be a football fan.........Skins were classic football in Monte's days...........