It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lack of Coverage
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:44 am 
UserName Retired

Just in case you have not noticed, during what I consider to be one of the most important weeks during the school year, for the last two days I have not seen one word of print in the Log Cabin Democrat by them pertaining to football or homecoming events. The only printed pieces I have seen are advertisements that I am sure are paid for by UCA. I find this unexcusable by them. Considering the number of people that will be traveling to Conway this weekend and the economic impact it will have on the immediate area, you would think UCA would be getting more consideration and coverage this week.
The pep rally and and the announcing of the homecoming court was yesterday but yet nothing in the LCD this morning about it. There is some kind of event going on everyday but nothing about them in the paper. I have people from out of town contacting me wanting to know what is going on with homecoming week because when they go online they cannot find anything in the LCD about it.
I truly understand that UCA has no control on what is printed in the LCD. However, seeing how UCA is without a doubt the largest entity in Conway, is there no way for UCA to flex its muscles and start receiving more coverage about events taking place on campus.
Even though UCA doesn't call the shots at the LCD, we definitely provide them with enough ammo to load up on. One would think that the LCD would be willing to bend over backwards for something that is as important to the community as UCA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:07 am 
Two-Time All-American

LCD = Litter for Cats/Dogs.

Really, what more would you expect. The LCD is a standing joke in these parts. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:06 am 
Two-Time All-American

Let's face it the LCD is weak.

With regard to support from the community I have to bite my tongue. While it has gotten much better the last few years all too many people in Conway are not nearly appreciative enough of the economic impact (positive) that UCA has on their pocketbooks and standard of living and even if they are not sports fans (or even worse "snoot wannabes") they should be more supportive bacause a successful athletic program at UCA means $$$$ for Conway.

However, as I said, it has gotten better as has the media coverage out of LR, and as long as it improves a little each year I will be satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:45 pm 
UserName Retired

Here is an idea of what you can do with your LCD...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm 
Redshirt

Also, what about the ADG? It is amazing that the largest school in central Arkansas doesn't get more coverage especially being a transitional year to D1 and with the success that has happened.

ADG coverage has been absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:47 am 
Redshirt

I just checked the UCA website for Homecoming info. On the main page there's a link to the calendar of events, but no event mentioned except the game itself. The link under it for "more info" connects directly to Echo Sports online, but no listing of events there either.

Nothing on the Cabin, nothing in the ADG, nothing on the UCA website. It appears the only place to find out what's going on is ucafans.com.

Sis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:54 am 
Redshirt

I stand corrected. I just found the link through one of the postings on here. The alumni office has the info, it's just not linked on UCA's homepage.

http://www.uca.edu/alumni/homecoming/

Sis