It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 am 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
Word is that a "fan" bus will be going to Tech. No details yet on the cost. I had heard earlier $40 which is not a bad price considering the price of black gold nowadays.

I'd pay $40 for a ride down there & back & a chance to meet some fellow Bear fans. Sounds like fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:25 am 
UserName Retired

BearBandMan wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:
Word is that a "fan" bus will be going to Tech. No details yet on the cost. I had heard earlier $40 which is not a bad price considering the price of black gold nowadays.

I'd pay $40 for a ride down there & back & a chance to meet some fellow Bear fans. Sounds like fun.

If I were in Conway, I would too, but it doesn't make sense for me to drive from Memphis is Conway and then take a bus down to Ruston when I can drive straight from Memphis to Ruston....that is if I am able to go!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:49 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Well your travel time would be about the same, you'd have to do less driving yourself, put less wear on your car, get to come back to Conway/campus if you have any old friends or whatever you might like to briefly hook up with, and you get the experience of riding and interacting with a bunch of other UCA fans. And, depending on how many people in your party and gas mileage in your car, it might even turn out cheaper.

So, there are ways it could make sense for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:20 pm 
UserName Retired

King of the South wrote:
Well your travel time would be about the same, you'd have to do less driving yourself, put less wear on your car, get to come back to Conway/campus if you have any old friends or whatever you might like to briefly hook up with, and you get the experience of riding and interacting with a bunch of other UCA fans. And, depending on how many people in your party and gas mileage in your car, it might even turn out cheaper.

Good points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:03 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
King of the South wrote:

Good points!

You and the wife could also have make-out sessions to and from the game. How romantic would that be? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

BBM....great idea ....set the fund up via the UCA Foundation and you get included in any Foundation data on funds available for gifts plus donors are assured of getting income tax deductions...need to make sure Uncle and the Gov helps us with this!!

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 am 
UserName Retired

About the bus to the La Tech game: as of last night there were only 8 seats left to fill. Bus will be leaving Conway at 11 am Sat. . Should get to Ruston around 3pm. Cost is $40. Will be coming home after the game. If you haven't reserved a seat you better "git-r-done". :wink: