Do we need a new font?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:49 pm 
Two-Time All-American

King of the South wrote:
BF, I picked the Tar Holes just for you. :D Sweet dreams, buddy.

Monkey, the lettering on the basketball and baseball jerseys are not alike. One is a serif font, the other is sans serif. That's pretty easy to distinguish. Additionally, one uses "North" where the other does not. And the track jersey doesn't use any words, only the NC logo. Inconsistency at its finest. They may all have a common thread, but they have their differences as well – which proves my point that all the uniforms do not need to be, well, uniform, in order for the university to be able to properly market/brand its athletics. If you look around the nation you'll find that there are differences all over the board in several places.

Take Arkansas, for instance. The lettering on their football jerseys looks nothing like the lettering on the baseball jerseys. The hog on the football helmet in no way resembles what's tattooed on the basketball floor at halfcourt and what used to appear on the shorts. They do okay in branding, though.

There are other examples I'm sure, I just don't feel like bringing every case to light. The way I figure it, you need one good central theme (the logo), but after that, the more different recognizable symbols, alternate logos, fonts, etc. that you can come up with, that's the more you can market and sell.

Good points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

uaf markets "the Hogs".......all the other logos just appeal to different fan segments.....more royalties.....get a mean old black bear logo to market (before we end up marketing The Fountain).

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
Redshirt

UCAMonkey wrote:
The other thing we have to do is to come up with a specific shade of color for Bear Purple & Gray. I believe we still have teams playing in different shades of purple. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I agree on the shade of purple. Almost everything I own with UCA stuff on it is a different shade of purple. If you go to Wal Mart and look at their UCA t-shirt collection, you'll see the exact same shirt with two different shades of purple. I realize a school our size doesn't have as much "clout" as some, but it seems this needs to be standardized better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 am 
UserName Retired

It would be nice to have a consistant shade of purple but what we have to realize is that there are probably 100,000 sweatshops in China that could care less what shade of purple UCA desires. :wink: