It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Letter to the editor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 am 
UserName Retired

(second one on this page)
Quote:
Disappointed

I just got home from purchasing my tickets for the UCA homecoming game. Since the beginning, my wife and I had been told that the chair-back seats are for purchase only on the day of the game and only in person at the stadium. Imagine my surprise when the lady at the window pulled up the shade promptly at 2 p.m. and announced that there were no chair-back seats available; all were sold out.....

Post subject: Re: Letter to the editor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:47 am 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
(second one on this page)
Quote:
Disappointed

I just got home from purchasing my tickets for the UCA homecoming game. Since the beginning, my wife and I had been told that the chair-back seats are for purchase only on the day of the game and only in person at the stadium. Imagine my surprise when the lady at the window pulled up the shade promptly at 2 p.m. and announced that there were no chair-back seats available; all were sold out.....

What he didn't understand is that they are only for purchase at the stadium if they aren't sold out in advance :wink:
The rest of the story explains alot! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:13 am 
UserName Retired

Regardless of the policy. It looks a little silly to have the only empty seats in the place on the lower-left side.

That's just a shot of a single group of empty seats. This isn't at the beginning of the game either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:35 am 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
Regardless of the policy. It looks a little silly to have the only empty seats in the place on the lower-left side.

That's just a shot of a single group of empty seats. This isn't at the beginning of the game either.

I agree, there needs to some kind of system in place where people can call in or something and say..."hey, I'm not going to be using my seats for the X game so you can let someone else have them for X game."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:01 pm 
UserName Retired

That's the policy that is in effect Josh. Can't help it if people are not considerate enough to call in and let their seats be resold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
That's the policy that is in effect Josh. Can't help it if people are not considerate enough to call in and let their seats be resold.

ohh...didn't know that. my bad :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:35 pm 
UserName Retired

The gentleman in the paper appears to me to be somewhat of a gambler...betting on the fact that chairbacks will be available. I commend him for being first in line to buy them - if available. I would suggest to him that in the future that he join the PCF and guarantee himself the seats that he wants. According to his letter, that ain't gonna happen though.

What people need to realize is that all this new enthusiasm about the Bears is great but there will be some growing pains in the processes of the best way to handle things that we haven't had to deal with before. A little patience with the athletic department is warranted in my opinion. I actually have a seat number assigned to me, 18, and there are only 17 seats on the row. Haven't pitched a fit yet and have had a seat every game. If I come up odd man out one game, I'll find somewhere to park my butt and enjoy myself. The problem will get worked out before next year and that's good enough for me. Heck, I might even ask Clint if I can follow him around on the sideline to make sure he doesn't blow another gasket :wink:....nah, I wouldn't want to do that. I had way too much fun watching that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:13 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Drop the tickets off at one of the fraternity houses and I would be willing to bet that those chairbacks will go to good use. Those kids already get into the game free and would most likely stand out front of the stadium and sell them at face value or less and get some people in their seats. The lower section is filled and the fraternity boys have some spending money.

The key to this working is the willingness to have someone drop off the tickets. Better yet drop them off at the ticket office and let them resell them so the athletic department can bring in additional revenue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I have 4 reserved chairbacks in the upper deck on row 17 and I will sell them
for a modest contribution to the Helton-Osburn-Spencer Tailgate Scholarship
Fund. You can find me at the tailgate party behind the stadium by the Pepsi
America Indoor Practice Facility. I answer to the name "Foot", come by and
see us, we will show you a good time. Check with me early, sometimes they
are gone pretty quick.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

At least if seat not taken by end of half tme, let anyone take open seats.