It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA's Christmas Wish List
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:22 pm 
UserName Retired

1. A President who actually knows how to lead a university. Not one that just funnels money into things hoping that it will fix them. One that actually understands what is involved in growing a university the right way! Not one that simply brings in more students without the infrastructure in place to handle them. How about a president that is open and honest with the faculty, staff, and students and does not dust things under the rug or keep secrets that can potentially harm the university. How about a president who is not a politician! Can we get a president who understand that things need to be done a certain way for a reason, maybe because that is the law or that is they way they are supposed to be done. Not one that goes and does things the way they want, one that will go through the proper channels with the utmost transparency!

2. While we are at it, how about a new Board of Trustees. Might as well start with a clean slate!

3. More parking... :lol:

4. An expansion of Estes Stadium.

Feel free to add to this list in any way you see fit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:31 am 
All-Conference

How about 7 more home games for 2009! I'm getting spoiled, and with what looks to be brutal travel-wise next season (@ Hawaii, @ McNeese State, @ SHSU, @ SELA, @ Northwestern St,), I could use a few more home games!
But if we're also still going to play UAPB in Little Rock (considered a "road" game), that would make 6, so 6 home games would be all we would get. Right?

GO BEARS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:10 pm 
All-Conference

I want two live Bears living on campus in a picturesque enclosure. :lol:

Maybe we could use that to spur on the state's first veterinary program. :shock:

Post subject: Re: UCA's Christmas Wish List
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 pm 
All-Conference

joshuca wrote:
1. A President who actually knows how to lead a university. Not one that just funnels money into things hoping that it will fix them. One that actually understands what is involved in growing a university the right way! Not one that simply brings in more students without the infrastructure in place to handle them. How about a president that is open and honest with the faculty, staff, and students and does not dust things under the rug or keep secrets that can potentially harm the university. How about a president who is not a politician! Can we get a president who understand that things need to be done a certain way for a reason, maybe because that is the law or that is they way they are supposed to be done. Not one that goes and does things the way they want, one that will go through the proper channels with the utmost transparency!

2. While we are at it, how about a new Board of Trustees. Might as well start with a clean slate!

Still bitching huh?

Amazing.......

Post subject: Re: UCA's Christmas Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:23 am 
UserName Retired

foundingfather wrote:
joshuca wrote:

Still bitching huh?

Amazing.......

Yep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Josh,

I'm sry but thats really you have to bring that all back up!!I'm not going to get into it with you but I figured you were a bit better than that! I guess not...

As for the live bears wish, I was told by a very credible source over the weekend that they are trying to train a Bear to have for next season. So we can have it run onto the field...

Anyone else heard about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 pm 
UserName Retired

UpandIn913 wrote:
Josh,

I'm sry but thats really you have to bring that all back up!!I'm not going to get into it with you but I figured you were a bit better than that! I guess not...

I'm not bringing anything back up, I am simply making my opinion on the matter known. I think it is a sad day when an alumnus of a university can't make his feelings known without being bashed by other alumni simply b/c they don't share the same opinion. After what happened you would think people would realize that sweeping things under the rug and hoping they go away doesn't work, but I guess not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 pm 
UserName Retired

Josh, I have no problem with you whatsoever in bringing it up. It's real life people. It ain't going away until satisfaction is attained by either the media, alumni, the community, or all three. We trusted someone, we were misled, and we as a university have been embarrassed. If you're going to gloat about the good things involving UCA then we are also going to have to somewhat hang our heads about the bad things.

If you don't let the people in charge know that you are pissed then how can we be assured that it might not happened again in some other degree? Records are still being FOIed so I say let's get it all out in the open now so we can find a place in there somewhere to start healing. I'd rather the scab be jerked all at once as opposed to being pulled a little at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:52 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

UpandIn913 wrote:
As for the live bears wish, I was told by a very credible source over the weekend that they are trying to train a Bear to have for next season. So we can have it run onto the field...

What you been smoking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:

What you been smoking?

Smoking ? Heck, try dreaming.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:39 pm 
All-Conference

Solution:

A trained live bear to serve as president of the University.

Solves all problems & fulfills all wishes.

Discuss.