It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For the UCA Snitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:44 pm 
UserName Retired

SHUT UP! UCA is trying to get back on stable ground and you keep feeding stupid worthless storylines to a hack writer that tries to make mountains out of a molehill! Geez..don't you know these problems happen at every university? Don't you know the more you put UCA down, the less students will attend, and eventually your job is at risk? Enough is enough. Quit the negativity. We have a new president and we are starting new! Take pride in something about UCA or get another job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry, please know that this person does not speak for the majority of us. Our new president has shown more interest in us as individuals than any president in my 2 decades at UCA. He is truly interested in us and our University. I hope a few individuals who are always unhappy doesn't ruin his perception of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 pm 
UserName Retired

susie starfish wrote:
BearCountry, please know that this person does not speak for the majority of us. Our new president has shown more interest in us as individuals than any president in my 2 decades at UCA. He is truly interested in us and our University. I hope a few individuals who are always unhappy doesn't ruin his perception of us.

Thank you for posting this Susie starfish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 pm 
UserName Retired

Susie! Thank you! I understand her diligence in getting the dirt out, but I just don't understand her years of hatred that continually put UCA down! If I was a student on that list that came from an impovrished background, and would be embarrased if that got out, I would throw the book at the school for releasing that personal info! Yeah, some politicians kids might have gotten favors, but I bet there were more kids that were needy that got a benefit from it too! I just wish she and whoever it is that is constantly doing this would let it go and move on. Life is hard at UCA right now and this just makes it worse. :cry: Thank you for being supportive of the new president and the kids who come to UCA for an education. Things will get better for the staff and faculty there eventually, but we've got to cut out the negativity to help it get started! Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 pm 
UserName Retired

This is what happens when you live in a one-newspaper state. They can spew their venom for their purposes. Is the ADG anti UCA? Damn right they are. This hack who keeps reporting nothing but negative news about UCA has to have some kind of void in her life that feeds off of the negativity. It might be somewhat understandable if UCA had somehow slighted her in the past. She is tainting the image of many hardworking employees for no apparent reason at this point that I can see.

She did uncover a snake in the grass and it was dealt with. However, continuing to investigate legally admissable things going on, financial wise and so forth, and trying to turn the positives into negatives on the premise of a loud-mouthed disgruntled employee/employees is pretty low in the journalism world in my opinion.

Said hack has whined about personal attacks to her boss and the president of the university and the owner of this board several times on the basis of being mistreated by posters and others that happened to be tired of her negativity. About all I got to say - lady, if you can dish it out then you should be inclined to take it. You want a one-sided argument and opinion - your way.

Where is the fairness and balance in that? FOX News you ain't!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:03 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
Said hack has whined about personal attacks to her boss and the president of the university and the owner of this board several times on the basis of being mistreated by posters and others that happened to be tired of her negativity. About all I got to say - lady, if you can dish it out then you should be inclined to take it. You want a one-sided argument and opinion - your way.

Where is the fairness and balance in that? FOX News you ain't!

you are kidding, right?!?! She complained to people about attacks on a PUBLIC forum!!!! LOL! She sure can dish it, but obviously she can't take it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:19 pm 
UserName Retired

The hack keeps on PMing me with rants about how ignorant the posters are on this board! If anyone wants a copy of her PMs, let me know! They're hilarious! She's supposed to be an award winning journalist but she's hanging out on a message board?! What a joke! :lol: Oh well, maybe she can satisfy her hunger with more "hot" tips from disgruntled employees!...or one of those large snickers bars! :lol:

Post subject: From Meadors Old School UNC Pembroke
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:46 am 
Redshirt

This is a note to you lemmings about what is going on at your school. Meadors damn near ruined our University while he was here. You can like what the lady has published in the paper or not, but every word of it is true, and more that she hasn't published.

I was an employee when he arrived, and am still here. I write under a pen name because I know he would do his utmost to try to have me fired. That's what he's like. Ask Dr. Bruce Speck, former dean of Arts and Sciences here who disagreed with him and was out within weeks.

He is basically controlled by his wife Barbara. She saw the employees at UNCP as her personal [ADMIN: um, adding asterisks doesn't make it ok] slaves. She would have at least 4 at her house on campus every day (not including the housekeeper) working and doing her pet projects. They spent close to two million total on a 5000 sf house. Most of it she hauled away with her despite it being state property. I think our Atty General is investigating it as it has been reported. She is bored and does nothing but read those magazines like "house beautiful" and "architectural digest" and dream up ways to spend money and hellhack the Physical Plant workers that need to be working on the academic buildings. And he does NOTHING to curb her.

Those 12 dollar or more per square foot sidewalks were her idea. They spent about 1.5 million here on them, which could have been used to fix our leaking roofs and other badly needed projects. We are laying off professors because he funnelled money to stupid projects like this, like putting down sod and irrigation everywhere, and pulling up the flowers 5 or 6 times a year because SHE always wanted something blooming. Its one thing to maintain a nice looking campus but to waste money on garbage like this just beyond the pale.

By the way, the fake brick has to be recoated every year or two at a cost of about 1 dollar per sf. Its an ongoing maintenance cost and won't go away.

We at UNCP have been watching with laughter all of the stuff that he is doing out there. He is so stupid that he just took is little playbook from here and jumped in right away doing the same garbage there. One trick ponies, they both are. We are so very glad they are finally gone. He started looking for a new job about 5 years after he came here, when the UNC administration found out what he was, but no one wanted him. Congratulations.

Also while he was here, he never had a car - used a loaner from a local car dealership. The university paid the cable bills (for all the TVs), several newspaper and mag subscriptions, all his memberships, groceries, and even a clothing allowance. THey ought to have the first dollar made here. The maid for Mrs. Meadors ran all of her personal errands, picking up kids, taking dog to vet, buying groceries that the food service vendor didn't already deliver for free, and had to babysit the house while they went away (despite it being on campus with a full security system and police protection). She also treated the physical plant workers like trash, disabling one lady from tasks she made her do. THey were just slaves to her. Same with the food service folks. And no one spoke out because our unemployment in this county approaches 20 percent and jobs are precious. Even abusive jobs. But every dog has its day, and they had theirs here. Hopefully you guys will wake up and see what you had before its too late.

One other really funny thing is how they changed your school colors. The seal and logo will be next. THey tried that here - wanted a beach look with beach colors whatever the heck those are. Again, she was behind that. Fortunately, this area was one where the community decided to stand up and keep our black and gold. No fruity beach colors for us thankfully.

Finally, tons of money will be siphoned off and funnelled to the athletic programs, but I gues that doesn't bother anyone in particular. We had coaches who were paid out of academic accounts and called "lecturers." This too is under invetigation. New weight and gym equipment would appear each year with the old mysteriously disappearing. One set when to the high school where his son attended.

So, in parting, I'll say that I'm sure Ive made a lot of people mad, but what you have for a new president is a very shallow, self centered person who thinks you are all idiots ready to be duped, and who is actually operated/run by his wife in most of his decisions. He will embarrass your school, run you so far into debt with his spending that you will be priced out of the market, and will end up laughing at you all for how easy it was to pull you all in and con you. Thank God he is gone from NC, hopefully to never return.

Good Luck = Wahoo Wahoo

from a happy Lumbee

Lumbee - noun - a member of the nativer american tribe named Lumbee - the largest tribe east of the Mississippi

Post subject: Re: For the UCA Snitch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 am 
Practice Squad

With all the positive things you could talk about, these seem so trivial. Having a son who has been given an opportunity to get a wonderful education at UCA through his athletics is a gift. Every school has issues but I would ask people to go on campus, see the beauty, see the students and how happy they are, see the staff and how helpful they are and then remember if you cannot say something nice, keep it to yourself. I am passionate about UCA because it is close to my home in Little Rock and I now live in Kansas City. I could just send my son down there and not care but when you have been treated so kindly and given such a blessing, our family must stand up for this school. Issues will come and go but if you love a town and school you should approach each issue with care to ensure the success not the demise of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:01 am 
UserName Retired

Amen. There are a lot of fine people at UCA that make it what it is. The president, Wingo Hall, and the BoT are not your everyday people that students are in contact with. The students and parents opinions of a university are usually based on the contacts they have each day with teachers and staff. I think we all know that the "upper management" of a business and/or a university is somewhat removed from what us "small" people experience on an everyday basis. This is something most all of us just learn to live with.

For Old Ranger Sgt. - what you say might have some truth it, we'll see. However, you belittle yourself and your comment by saying you guys are getting a good laugh at "our" situation now. That says a lot about you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 am 
All-Conference

Quote:
One other really funny thing is how they changed your school colors.

What the hell are you talking about? Pretty sure it's still purple and gray. The use of black is something that has been a long time coming.

Post subject: Re: From Meadors Old School UNC Pembroke
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:33 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Old Ranger Sgt wrote:
Finally, tons of money will be siphoned off and funnelled to the athletic programs, but I gues that doesn't bother anyone in particular. We had coaches who were paid out of academic accounts and called "lecturers." This too is under invetigation. New weight and gym equipment would appear each year with the old mysteriously disappearing. One set when to the high school where his son attended.

So, in parting, I'll say that I'm sure Ive made a lot of people mad, but what you have for a new president is a very shallow, self centered person who thinks you are all idiots ready to be duped, and who is actually operated/run by his wife in most of his decisions. He will embarrass your school, run you so far into debt with his spending that you will be priced out of the market, and will end up laughing at you all for how easy it was to pull you all in and con you. Thank God he is gone from NC, hopefully to never return.

Good Luck = Wahoo Wahoo

from a happy Lumbee

Lumbee - noun - a member of the nativer american tribe named Lumbee - the largest tribe east of the Mississippi

What part of this from his Bio on the UCA website is not true?

In 1999, the UNC Board of Governors elected him Chancellor of UNCP. Under his leadership there, UNCP tripled its endowment; established a honor college; doubled the number of education majors; was granted full SACS accreditation; doubled its enrollment; significantly increased in its international partners and international enrollment; raised the entering freshmen class average SAT scores and GPA to an all time high; added nearly 200 new full-time tenure line faculty; received six outstanding financial audits; established six new endowed chairs; raised over $60 million dollars in external funds; and over $170 million dollars in new facilities and renovation projects.

Quote:
http://www.uca.edu/web/weblog/index.php?itemid=2706&catid=10

Previously, the university’s debt-rating was negative following the downgrading of its score twice in late 2008. Moody's upgraded UCA’s rating in February to stable. A statement from the company in February said the stable outlook reflected "expectations of a gradual improvement in cash and financial resource levels, management’s ongoing successful implantation of cash flow enhancement efforts and continued support from the state."

UCA ended the 2008 fiscal year with a negative $4.3 million. It ended the fiscal year in 2009 with a cash balance of $3.2 million. Officials expect a nearly $10 million balance the end of the fiscal year 2010.

I am not embarrassed yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:14 pm 
Redshirt

Boy has he pumped up his bio and taken credit for the work of others - typical behavior though for him (and his wife). Want to know the truth behind this? I'll tell you, even though I'm sure you won't believe it.

Here you go:

In 1999, the UNC Board of Governors elected him Chancellor of UNCP. TRUE - HE WAS BROUGHT IN WITH ONE MARCHING ORDER - TO GROW THE CAMPUS - WE HAD A STUDENT BODY OF 2400, AND THE GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (THE HQ FOR THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IN NC) ORDERED HIM TO GET TO 6000. THEY ALSO THREW MONEY AT HIM FOR TARGETED RECRUITMENT - HE SPENT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS ON BILLBOARDS, ADS, AND FOR RECRUITERS - HE WAS VERY GOOD AT CARRYING OUT THIS ORDER - BY LOWERING ADMISSIONS STANDARDS - LOOK AT ALL THE UNC SCHOOLS AND YOU WILL FIND THAT UNCP HAS THE LOWEST RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES IN THE UNC SYSTEM - GOOGLE IT - THE STATS DONT LIE.

Under his leadership there, UNCP tripled its endowment; - ITS NOT TOO HARD TO DOUBLE A 2 MILLION DOLLAR ENDOWMENT WHEN YOU ARE HIRING A WHOLE NEW STAFF OF FUND RAISERS - HE DIDN'T DO THIS - THE STAFF DID. THE STAFF THAT THE UNC SYSTEM FUNDED WHEN THEY ORDERED HIM TO GROW THE SCHOOL AND GAVE THE SPECIAL TARGETED GROWTH FUNDS.

established a honor college - 15 STUDENTS AND TWO EXTRA COURSES THAT THEY TAKE - BIG HAIRY DEAL - LEAD BY THE MOST PINKO COMMIE PROFESSION HE COULD FIND ON CAMPUS. i THINK THEY ARE UP TO 30 STUDENTS NOW. THIS IS NOT A NEW BUILDING, CURRICULUM, OR PROGRAM. ITS JUST A SHAM PROGRAM. I KNOW - MY SON GRADUATED FROM IT.

doubled the number of education majors; - BIG DEAL - TARGETED GROWTH MONEY AGAIN - ADMITTING ANYONE WHO COULD PAY THE BILL - HALF DROP OUT AFTER THE FIRST YEAR.

was granted full SACS accreditation; =- WE ALREADY HAD SACS ACCREDITATION = ALL HE DID WAS BE THERE WHEN OUR CYCLE CAME UP AGAIN. THERE WAS NEVER ANY DOUBT THAT WE WOULD BE REACCREDITED. THIS IS THE FUNNIEST PART OF THE BIO- HIM TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS. ITS ALSO INSULTING, WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT HE IS GOOD AT. I WAS PART OF THE TEAM FOR OUR ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT, AND WE WORKED VERY HARD ON OUR PORTION. THE SCHOOL ALWAYS HAD BEEN AN EXCELLENT TEACHERS COLLEGE, AND BEFORE HE CAME WE HAD PASSED NUMEROUS 10 YEAR CYCLES. SO WHAT HE WAS HERE WHEN WE HAD ANOTHER ONE. NOW THE LOSER TAKES CREDIT FOR IT WHILE HE SAT IN HIS OFFICE AND SURFED THE NET ALL DAY.

doubled its enrollment; = ADDRESSED THIS ALREADY. IF HE HADN'T ADDED 1000 STUDENTS BY TWO YEARS HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED - HE WAS TOLD THIS BY THE UNC PRESIDENT - SO HE WENT OUT AND THREW ALL THE FOCUSED GROWTH MONEY AT THEM, ALL THE FINANCIAL AID, AND BROUGHT THEM IN. GUESS WHAT - ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS A LOWERING OF STANDARDS, INCREASE OF CAMPUS CRIME, AND HELLACIOUS CLASSES FOR FACULTY HAVING TO COPE WITH STUDENTS WHO WEREN'T READY. HE DIDN'T MENTION HOW HE HAD TO HIRE A BUNCH OF REMEDIATION STAFF, ADD A DRUG AND ALCOLHOL TREATMENT STAFF, AND MORE POLICE DID HE?

significantly increased in its international partners and international enrollment; SIGNIFICANT MEANT THAT HE JUNKETED OVER TO CHINA AND BROUGHT BACK 10 CHINESE STUDENTS ON A FREE RIDE. OUR TAX MONEY. ALSO HIRED HIS BUDDY ALEX CHEN (IS HE THERE YET ON YOUR CAMPUS - IF NOT HE WILL BE SOON) AS VICE CHANCELLOR FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS - TOTAL TRIPS BACK AND FORTH TO CHINA FOR ALL OF THEM WERE 45. ALL TAX MONEY. IF YOU CALL THIS SIGNIFICANT, THEN GO FOR IT. AND ALL THEY DO IS STAY TO THEMSELVES ON CAMPUS. THERE IS REALLY NO CULTURAL BENEFIT THAT I HAVE SEEN.

raised the entering freshmen class average SAT scores and GPA to an all time high; - THIS IS A BOLD FACED LIE. YOU CAN CALL THE UNC GENERAL ADMIN OFFICE AND GET THE STATS - OUR CURRENT SAT AND GPA ARE AT AN ALL TIME LOW

added nearly 200 new full-time tenure line faculty; - THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE BUT HE HIS NOT RESPONSIBLE - IT WAS THE UNC LEADERSHIP DIRECTING THE MONEY FOR THE FOCUSED GROWTH. WHETHER MEADORS OR A PURPLE MONKEY HAD BEEN IN THE CHANCELLORS CHAIR THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. THEY ARE NOW GETTING LAID OFF DUE TO NO FUNDS TO KEEP THEM.

received six outstanding financial audits; = WE ARE AUDITED EACH YEAR - HE WAS HERE TEN YEARS - FOUR YEARS WE HAD MAJOR FINDINGS. DIDN'T MENTION THAT ONE DID HE????

established six new endowed chairs; = FROM THE FOCUSED GROWTH STATE MONEY

raised over $60 million dollars in external funds; = THIS IS HIM COUNTING ALL THE CONSTRUCTION IN THE COMMUNITY, ALL THE FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID OVER 10 YEARS. THIS IS NOT WHAT CAME IN FROM DONATIONS TO THE UNIVERSITY. GO TO GOOGLE AND PUT IN UNCP FINANCIAL AUDIT FOR ANY OF THE YEARS HE WAS HERE AND YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF -

and over $170 million dollars in new facilities and renovation projects - THIS TOO FUNNY TOO. UNC DID A 3 BILLION DOLLAR BOND ISSUE - UNCP GOT 52 MILLION OVER 7 YEARS - NO CREDIT TO HIM - THE MONEY WAS ALLOCATED ANYWAY. HE IS ALSO COUNTING ALL THE APARTMENTS AND STORES THAT WERE BUILT IN THE COMMUNITY IN THIS TALLY. AND HE KNOWS THAT NO ONE WILL CHECK, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE PACKAGE NOW AND DON'T WANT TO LOOK INSIDE.

So, for those who want to do a little research on this, just go to the NC Auditors page, the UNC General Admin page, or better yet, call them.

And for the person above who said he hadn't changed your school colors 0 is thie newspaper story wrong? Didn't he say he "never liked purple" and took a chip of the new sidewalks to the paint store to get your new red for you school color? Don't you even know this?

This guy is gone to screw your school up like he did ours. And I probably shouldn't have said I'm glad he is there. I'm not. I hate to think about him leading any university. I'm just really glad he is no longer here, screwing up our university. Our new Chancellor is great, and is trying to clean up the damages. My motivation in sending this is to warn those who will listen, so that you can take action, watch what is going on, and keep it in check and thereby keep your school.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Old Ranger Sgt wrote:

And for the person above who said he hadn't changed your school colors 0 is thie newspaper story wrong? Didn't he say he "never liked purple" and took a chip of the new sidewalks to the paint store to get your new red for you school color? Don't you even know this?

I can't speak to the rest of your post - maybe it's valid, maybe not. Whatever.

However, as for this bit ... I think you are referring to this story.

If you will notice, it is from a student online publication ... and happens to have a date of April 1, 2010. You know what April 1 is? That's right - April Fools' Day.

You, sir, have been duped.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:45 pm 
Redshirt

No I hadn't noticed the April Fools issue. That's good to hear that you tradition hasn't changed. Yes you got me on this one. But I will swear on the Bible that I sat in numerous meetings with him where he tried to push a change to our school colors to the "beach colors" that his wife picked out. We are 100 miles inland from the ocean, and she also wanted palm trees planted all over campus (they would have died due to our temperatures in the winter). She wanted some fruity teal combined with something else. And they didnt' like our seal. So sad, bo hoo. We are a Native American school and plan to stay that way. The university employees couldn't do much to oppose them on this but the community did raise heck and stopped this stupidity, so yes, I figured that they had succeeded in the move there. I wouldn't surprise me in the least. If Barbara doesn't like it, then it will go. Hang on to your purple, your Bears, and your seal, if you can.