It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:19 am 
All-Conference

Crump1 wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:
They were wanting to Crump but didn't the NCAA in the last year or so put a five year moratorium on any school wanting to step up? I think we just got in under the wire ourselves.
I wasn't necessarily meaning in the next couple of years. Denver may not get asked to leave, but they are already looking and a gentle nudge is in order. UNO probably can't stay afloat.

I really do not foresee a nudge of any sort beyond what has been done already. DU is looking, but no one is biting. SBC won't lay them out to dry because they are the most successful athletic program in the league in terms of national success.

And UNO...this may be a revival for their program. This will either go one of two ways. This will allow them to "take off" to all new heights or well, prefer not to use "what ifs" on the negative side of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:45 pm 
Two-Time All-American

TexasTerror wrote:
This will either go one of two ways. This will allow them to "take off" to all new heights or well, prefer not to use "what ifs" on the negative side of thing.

I don't mind it at all, so let me take over.

It'll either "take off", or it'll crash and burn. Or it'll continue in a state of flux for some time.

I don't think the typing of the above words are going to really have any effect on how it plays out, so I don't know why you were so hesitant to type them. Maybe it's some New Orleans voodoo crap I don't understand. Speak ill, become ill, or something. Whatever.

Anyway, George Shinn seems like he's hell-bent on making sure UNO athletics survive – and that alone has to give you some decent hope. Did Ervin Johnson save any of his NBA cash? Maybe he can pitch in. At least some coach for free/cheap or something.