300. MSU $6,770,760
304. SeLU $6,559,163
305. TX-Arlington $6,518,859
309. Lamar $6,456,341
314. NSU $5,983,426
320. TAMU-CC $5,702,505

*Number in parentheses indicates national rank out of 340
Budgets

Interesting to see UT-San Antonio that high WITHOUT FOOTBALL.

Just think what it will be when they add football.

The rest look about right although I did not expect NWST to be ahead of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:42 am 
UserName Retired

Man UCA needs some big time donors to come on board! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:23 pm 
All-Conference

Is Texas St. getting ready to move to D1 in football? They have the budget for it and they could increase their revenue if they move.

I woudn't be surprised to see them move. The Sun Belt is about to cut ties with Denver and UNO may drop sports soon leaving the Belt with 11 teams and only UALR as a non-football school. I would like to see another school from Texas so UNT would have a travel partner. Logic would say tha if they come aboard then someone else will as well to make it an even twelve but a lot of that depends on what UALR does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:52 pm 
Practice Squad

Crump1 wrote:
Is Texas St. getting ready to move to D1 in football? They have the budget for it and they could increase their revenue if they move.

I woudn't be surprised to see them move. The Sun Belt is about to cut ties with Denver and UNO may drop sports soon leaving the Belt with 11 teams and only UALR as a non-football school. I would like to see another school from Texas so UNT would have a travel partner. Logic would say tha if they come aboard then someone else will as well to make it an even twelve but a lot of that depends on what UALR does.

Yes, Texas State is taking steps to move up to FBS in a few years.

You can look at the current pictures of our stadium expansion (We are building 15 new suites and a "Club Level" with a couple hundred premium seats) and the plan for the move on this site: http://www.athletics.txstate.edu/thedrive/

MaximumBobcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:54 pm 
UserName Retired

They were wanting to Crump but didn't the NCAA in the last year or so put a five year moratorium on any school wanting to step up? I think we just got in under the wire ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:55 pm 
Practice Squad

Honey Bear wrote:
They were wanting to Crump but didn't the NCAA in the last year or so put a five year moratorium on any school wanting to step up? I think we just got in under the wire ourselves.

yep, there's a moratorium. But it's worked out to our advantage so far, allowing us time to prep (expand football stadium, new softball/baseball complexes) before 2011 or 2012, when the moratorium is looking to be lifted.

MaximumBobcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm 
All-Conference

Crump1 wrote:

Nothing leads me to believe SBC will cut Denver despite whatever is in place. The league will wait to DU has a home and until they turn around their basketball fortune - which they might this year, it will be tough. If UNO maintains sports and they have some big money behind them, they will have a home in the SBC.

TXST would be a quirky addition for the SBC. League seems to be expanding in a different direction. Would probably get their tails handed to them on a plate in football and both M/W hoops. They have problems competing in those sports in the SLC and have never had a consistent FB program. Baseball and softball could probably hold their own, but that's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 pm 
Practice Squad

TexasTerror wrote:
Crump1 wrote:

Nothing leads me to believe SBC will cut Denver despite whatever is in place. The league will wait to DU has a home and until they turn around their basketball fortune - which they might this year, it will be tough. If UNO maintains sports and they have some big money behind them, they will have a home in the SBC.

TXST would be a quirky addition for the SBC. League seems to be expanding in a different direction. Would probably get their tails handed to them on a plate in football and both M/W hoops. They have problems competing in those sports in the SLC and have never had a consistent FB program. Baseball and softball could probably hold their own, but that's about it.

LOL, don't you worry about us TT.

We'll be fine in whichever conference we go to.

MaximumBobcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:09 pm 
UserName Retired

Wow....the TT v. TxsT made it to the FANS board.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:

Great! Throw in the ASU guy and it's just a melting pot of worthlessness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:01 pm 
All-Conference

Beary Manilow wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Great! Throw in the ASU guy and it's just a melting pot of worthlessness.

Last edited by Crump1 on Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:05 pm 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
I wasn't necessarily meaning in the next couple of years. Denver may not get asked to leave, but they are already looking and a gentle nudge is in order. UNO probably can't stay afloat.

So. Alabama is a couple of years away to make it ten teams. They may stay at 10 but if the move to 12 takes place then I see either Texas St., Ga. Southern or perhaps La. Tech coming back. Tech thinks they're too good but they're not and their time in the WAC is killing them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 pm 
UserName Retired

La. Tech has always had this "we can run with the big dogs" complex but they seem to be the only ones who believe that. They won't even play NLU on a yearly basis and thirty years ago that was one of the most heated rivalries in the state but then the Bulldogs drank their koolaid and they have been a legend in their own mind every since. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 am 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
La. Tech has always had this "we can run with the big dogs" complex but they seem to be the only ones who believe that. They won't even play NLU on a yearly basis and thirty years ago that was one of the most heated rivalries in the state but then the Bulldogs drank their koolaid and they have been a legend in their own mind every since. :roll:
I was on their campus a few years ago and it was not nice. They are like the commercial a few years ago where the guy is talking about his big housse, car and country club membership that he has because "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs".

They don't have great attendance, they don't have the enrollment to supplement their budget and they obviously are taking a beating with travel costs just to stay in that so-so conference that will collapse as soon as Boise leaves. They do have a few big donors that are holding them hostage but with no real natural conference rivalries the support isn't going to come like they want.

The WAC is a bandaid while they wait on that elusive C-USA invite that isn't coming.