It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: UTSA & Texas State Backing Out Of WAC Deal?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm 
Team Captain

No offense to Crump or AstAte, but the big 12 passed on Houston, SMU, Memphis, etc.... and I would put all of those schools a step ahead of AstAte. Just like I would say that App state, Montana, and Georgia Southern* are ahead of UCA. I think all of this shuffling around just means that Southland Conference has done pretty good job of waiting to see what happens before jumping the gun and adding D2 schools. Oral Roberts was a great addition..... Not to sure about HBU though.....

*Yes I know we have beaten them in football a few years back.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 pm 
UserName Retired

I recall hearing that there was concern about Houston and SMU resulting in too much Texas presence (maybe some old bad feelings plus overlapping TV markets). Memphis is pretty weak in football although basketball is good (maybe Kansas likes the monopoly).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 am 
All-Conference

Well, everything came to fruition from this thread and as I suspected, Texas State has made the most of their resources. They are 6-3 and bowl eligible. I am so glad to have them instead of UNT. They may be left out as the new bowls don't start this year though. The Bobcats make their first trip to Jonesboro this Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Crump1 wrote:
Well, everything came to fruition from this thread and as I suspected, Texas State has made the most of their resources. They are 6-3 and bowl eligible. I am so glad to have them instead of UNT. They may be left out as the new bowls don't start this year though. The Bobcats make their first trip to Jonesboro this Saturday.

Maybe they will show you their 2008 conference championship when they visit.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Crump1 wrote:

Maybe they will show you their 2008 conference championship when they visit.... :roll:

Maybe so. I hear great things about their female support teams. =D>