It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Southeastern Louisiana Message Board
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 am 
Starter

Checking in to let you guys know we're moving to a new board host and will no longer be on Delphi. No sense staying there when just about everyone else has moved on. The new board can be accessed at following address:

slulionnation.com

Hope to see you guys stopping by!

Post subject: Re: New Southeastern Louisiana Message Board
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Thanks for the update. I'm sure Trey
Will change the link on our message
Board.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm 
Team Captain

Nice looking board Lionsfan... It will be nice to frequent a Louisiana board that is up to date with the times...

disclaimer-Northwestern State's board is not to shabby either, but besides a decent game against Nevada they haven't given us much reason to visit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 am 
Starter

1868Alumni wrote:
Nice looking board Lionsfan... It will be nice to frequent a Louisiana board that is up to date with the times...

disclaimer-Northwestern State's board is not to shabby either, but besides a decent game against Nevada they haven't given us much reason to visit.

It'll look a lot nicer once I figure out what I'm doing. #-o :shock: :D

Hopefully we give you plenty of reason to drop by for a visit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm 
Team Captain

With a new QB running your offense I may have too....... :shock:

"Former University of Oregon quarterback Bryan Bennett has transferred to Southeastern Louisiana, Lions coach Ron Roberts announced Tuesday."

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... id=4559083

Bennett, a 6-foot-3, 204-pound junior from Encino, Calif., will have two years of eligibility remaining. He will participate in spring practice, which begins Feb. 25.

Bennett played in 18 career games as a backup at Oregon.

I'll give your coach Roberts some credit he has done well with recruiting, much better than ol Woodward at Lamar who gets a new crop of thugs that don't pan out year after year....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm 
UserName Retired

OK. I'll be the only one to ask this.

How did a kid go from Oregon to SELA? How did he know they even exist? Why didn't he choose a California FCS school? I can see a kid like Nathan Dick coming to UCA because even though he was from Texas, he went to uaf and at least chose to go to another Arkansas school but SELA is timezones away from Oregon. Glad for you lions but wow..what an odd pick! :lol: I wanna know how he found out about SELA and how he went about chosing to go there! :lol: Relative go there? Went to mardi gras and saw a flyer or someone wearing a SELA shirt? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm 
Starter

Ron Roberts is from California and our OC is from Utah and both have connections all over the country ... not sure the exact link but I believe they know coaches on the Oregon staff as well as maybe Bennett's high school. Bennett also worked the Manning Passing Academy at Nicholls State so he's somewhat familiar with south Louisiana.

We also got a visit from the Iowa State QB (Jared Barnett) who just transferred to Illinois State ... glad the Bennett deal came through, he's the better of the two IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 pm 
Starter

1868Alumni wrote:
I'll give your coach Roberts some credit he has done well with recruiting, much better than ol Woodward at Lamar who gets a new crop of thugs that don't pan out year after year....

Our coaching staff is relentless when it comes to recruiting and will leave zero stone unturned. They didn't take Delta State to the D-II National Championship game because they sat around the office all day, that's for sure. We've got a helluva class lined up right now, if all holds.