It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pelphrey out at Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 am 
UserName Retired

I agee with you both. I think this job for Corliss is his WalMart greeter's job. He's retired from his profession, he's a family man, he likes where he is living, and he needs something to do to keep from going stir crazy. That said, he's competitive enough to want to build a winning program for his own pride. Hope I have the same drive in about 11 months when I retire. Of course I've got a couple of years on the young man. Might be a little harder for me to be full of p&v like him. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:48 pm 
All-American

:D You've got a couple of years on him? Must've been a rough couple of years! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm 
UserName Retired

I guess this thread can be retired now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I always liked Mike and his style play. However, he knows what he is walking into at uaf...Get the kind of money he will get and you better win at the biggest level. Besides the same b-heads who harassed Nolan are still around.

It is not a no brainer that Nolan and Mike's style of play can really be that succesful these days...talent is much more even and everyone knows what to expect and how to deal with the pressure. Nolan caught a lot of people flat-footed. Not today. Most everyone has a really good inside player which they both typcially lack (except for Big O...Corliss was anything but the classic big guy but he is 1 in a 10,000). That is not necessarily a 7' center like we used to think of..more of a 6' 9 forward who can leap and muscle up and even shoot the jumper at times. Mizzou's Achilles heal this year, besides Kim English forgetting how to shoot, was the lack of a solid big man inside.....Denman is superb but needed help....

Mizzou will do fine in recruiting a replacement. with $2M per year to spend....Columbia is a great town, MU is a great (and big) school and they have two big metro areas that are solid high school basketball areas for recruiting.....not to mention strong MU ties to Texas....

Glad that the adg has something to write about now......