It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lets talk football
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 am 
All-Conference

Hello everyone I just want to talk football, UCA Bear football, College, or high school. I'm not sure if this is the right forum. In 2004 my daughter came to me and said "daddy you are a Bearbacker now and just get use to it." My first game with the Bears was on the road in the black Draws of Eastern New Mexico Aug. 28th 2004.The Bears won 38 to 31. I knew then that this is going to be a fun way of life. I've have enjoyed being a Bearbacker and always will. We have a bright future ahead of us.If we remain in the FCS, then that's fine with me. To become FBS, it takes mega bucks, five star recruits, A big stadium, and 20,000 thousand plus fans in attendance. Time for me to leave for work, and what's your thoughts? Go Bears Go

Papa

Post subject: Re: Lets talk football
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:57 pm 
All-Conference

Glad to see you are as passionate as you are about BEAR FOOTBALL. I am counting the days myself, and getting ready for what I feel like will be a surprisingly good year. I came over, and played in the Purple Circle golf tournament last Friday, and although it was a little soggy, we had a freakin blast! I briefly met coach Campbell, and he seems to be just a tad more down to earth than what I was expecting, and I LIKE THAT. Somehow I need to find a way to make it through the summer without going nuts. I wish the season was already here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm 
UserName Retired

This season should be very exciting with a new coach but lots of talent returning plus lots of new talent arriving. Logic tells me that 2-2 after the first four games might be good but I would not be surprised with better. Having an all D1 schedule should help on playoffs chances and catches national FCS media attenton of the improved competition. I like helping out a D2 team with a game just as I like FBS teams playing FCS but we get little benefit out of a D2 game if we want to be FCS Top 10.

Like a lot of Bear fans I am looking forward to a better balance of run and pass but make no mistake, we need too be able to put up 300+ passing yards and score 35+ points. We continue to have great looking talent on the field and continue to develop players like Chase Dixon into really, really good players.

Best sports ticket value in Arkansas is a Bears' home game.....no reason we cannot have 11,000 at each home game......

Go Bears

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 am 
UserName Retired

Heard yesterday on the news that you can now make payments on season tickets for another in state team. :shock:

Nose bleed seats start at $300!

I got 4 Season tix $240
I got 1 tailgate spot $300.

UCA wins again. =D>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
no reason we cannot have 11,000 at each home game......

In a perfect world, I'd agree. In a state where 400,000 hunters hit the woods on the weekend, not so.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
Hello everyone I just want to talk football, UCA Bear football, College, or high school. I'm not sure if this is the right forum. In 2004 my daughter came to me and said "daddy you are a Bearbacker now and just get use to it." My first game with the Bears was on the road in the black Draws of Eastern New Mexico Aug. 28th 2004.The Bears won 38 to 31. I knew then that this is going to be a fun way of life. I've have enjoyed being a Bearbacker and always will. We have a bright future ahead of us.If we remain in the FCS, then that's fine with me. To become FBS, it takes mega bucks, five star recruits, A big stadium, and 20,000 thousand plus fans in attendance. Time for me to leave for work, and what's your thoughts? Go Bears Go

Papa

First game as a Bear was 1974 against Abilene Christian (anyone remember Clint Longley and Wilbert Montgomery)? Yesterday, I realized Bears are playing ACU in Dallas in November, thirty minutes from my home. For those of you planning a road trip, this would be a good one as there's lots to do in Dallas, possibly even stay and go to Jerry World on Sunday for the Cowboy/Cardinal game.
Can't wait for the season to start!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 pm 
UserName Retired

Longley and Montgomery were pretty fair ball players......ACU was more than pretty good when they played there....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbert_Montgomery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Longley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:38 pm 
All-Conference

One of the Bears ask me " why do people leave at halftime?" I didn't have an answer for him. That really bothers me to see people leave at halftime. We have a good football Team. When deer season starts, seems like over half of the fans are gone. Paint the Town purple needs to be revived. I am a Bear fan no matter what. Go Bears Go

Papa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
All-Conference

I can answer that one! Usually it`s because the Bears are whippin` that arse so bad they know there is no way for the competitor to get back in it! LOL No really, there isn`t a good excuse for most of those that "bail" at halftime. I have always been of the opinion that all need to stay at least halfway through the 4th in a blowout, and I always like to stay and listen to the BMB after. Move a few of the giveaways and promotions to after the game and more would stay though. I would think so anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:06 pm 
Team Captain

Yeah i really don't understand the point of going to a football game if you're just going to leave at halftime. Would you leave a baseball game in the 5th inning? Maybe i can understand the students doing it because they can get back in any time they want, but you already paid for the ticket

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 pm 
All-Conference

EXACTLY!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:38 pm 
UserName Retired

Come early

Be loud

Stay late

Watch the entire game

Then enjoy the BMB 5th Quarter Show